Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Podcast] Everyday Eternal #2 - Deathblade

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

[Podcast] Everyday Eternal #2 - Deathblade

In the second episode of Everyday Eternal, Matt Pavlic (sdematt), Jacob Kory (koby), Sean O’Brien (nedleeds), and Sam Craven (theCrav) discuss the results of the most recent Star City Opens, with a focus on the newest bully on the Legacy playground, Deathblade.

We also spend some time with our thoughts on Modern Masters and GP Vegas. Check it out here!

We are also now on iTunes! Subscribe here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

Re: [Podcast] Everyday Eternal #2 - Deathblade

I don't have the time to listen to this yet, or maybe I will while doing my readings for my online history class, but I wanted to share some thoughts I posted in the "Going on a Limb" thread regarding Deathblade:

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Going on a limb #2: Deathblade/Todd winning SCG this weekend should be an indicator of how underplayed aggro is in the format, especially Affinity. I don't even run Etched Champion anymore, but if I ran my previous builds that focused on hitting my opponent with an unblockable 10/2, I could easily plow through Deathblade like it was a fat chick since the only way that deck can connect a hit with a Jitte while I have Etched Champion in play is using its 1-of Clique, in which the Deathblade player might as well be playing the lottery.
    Seriously, you could take a suboptimal build like the one I just described (believe it or not, Etched Champion is suboptimal) and run train on Deathblade. Nedleeds (ha!) to say, I can beat Deathblade badly with what I run now. But the fact that Deathblade is just Esperblade minus Lingering Souls and EE surprises me that Affinity players haven't been wetting themselves in the pants to know one of their matchups just got pathetically easier.

Looking forward to hearing the podcast, and nedleed's ranting (I like angry characters on podcasts, the contrast makes the podcast less boring and more engaging).

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Thanks for the feedback Shawon. We'll be sure to give Sean an extra minute to froth at the mouth for this week's recording.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Shawon. We'll be sure to give Sean an extra minute to froth at the mouth for this week's recording.
    You had me at froth.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Im glad you guys are on iTunes. Now I can download to my dinosaur of an ipod and listen while driving... (Or Ill just do it now while I play madden...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Im glad you guys are on iTunes. Now I can download to my dinosaur of an ipod and listen while driving... (Or Ill just do it now while I play madden...)

I tried to make the podcast incompatible with all Apple devices because of my undying hatred for that company and all their followers, but then Koby couldn't listen to it. We are recording episode 3 prior to me going to suffer through WWZ -- which will surely illicit some raging.

Really awesome content, guys. The MM and Playmat rants were hilarious, specially the bit about tearing up their Tombstalker

I also appreciated the SCG open discussion, which pretty much sums up my disgust at Double Standard/Sealed Standard weekends. While I live in another country, live video coverage is a great way to pass time on boring sundays.

Looking forward to the next podcast,
    keep it up!
    It's also scientifically proven that resolving Nicol Bolas during a competitive legacy event causes the caster's penis to grow a good two or three inches.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    But winning out of nowhere takes away the fun of grinding out your opponents with Manlands. Nothing is more satisfying than a game of Magic where you throw away half the fun, and claim the other half for yourself and leave your opponent with zero fun.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    I tried to make the podcast incompatible with all Apple devices because of my undying hatred for that company and all their followers, but then Koby couldn't listen to it. We are recording episode 3 prior to me going to suffer through WWZ -- which will surely illicit some raging.
    fair. I hate apple as well. just is the easiest way to plug to my car input. WWZ looks awful so good luck
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

fair. I hate apple as well. just is the easiest way to plug to my car input. WWZ looks awful so good luck
    Gave you a shout out on the new cast! And also shit on you!

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Good cast! Enjoyed the discussion around Stoneblade variants, as well as any and all rants. Hentai Playmat story from Champs = lolz
    Find me on Twitter: @beanaman

His graveyard was a fucking encyclopedia of countermagic.

I'll have to listen to these at work tomorrow! I tried to listen to the first episode but had issues with the audio quality, have you guys been making any progress on that?

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by Kich867 View Post
    I'll have to listen to these at work tomorrow! I tried to listen to the first episode but had issues with the audio quality, have you guys been making any progress on that?
    Tune in to Episode 2 to find the suspenseful conclusion to this drama!
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Sir Phobos
    Apr 2013
    St. Louis

Yay, shoutouts!

Great cast, loved the stories!
    Tinfins & Bizarro Stormy & Belcher & DDFT
    @acclimation6 on twitter
    Back to back t1 kills at SCG STL 2013:
    https://youtu.be/kk3crCPsNLg

Quote Originally Posted by .dk View Post
    Acclimation has solved the deck. Thread CLOSED.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Gave you a shout out on the new cast! And also shit on you!
    Oh no... Now everyone is going to know how much I suck...

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Recording after you get back from WWZ would probably be more entertaining, but obviously more logistically obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by .dk View Post
    Good cast! Enjoyed the discussion around Stoneblade variants, as well as any and all rants. Hentai Playmat story from Champs = lolz
    ^This.

Ha ha ha, story about Steve Argyle had me laughing. He's actually a really nice guy, but I'm surprised he let you walk away w/ a mat at $20 – he wants $50 for mythic rare artist's proofs. (To be fair, he only charges like $2 or something for the commons.)
    The proper plural must be "hall of fames." You wouldn't say Halls & Oate, now, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mewens View Post
    Ha ha ha, story about Steve Argyle had me laughing. He's actually a really nice guy, but I'm surprised he let you walk away w/ a mat at $20 – he wants $50 for mythic rare artist's proofs. (To be fair, he only charges like $2 or something for the commons.)
    No he was super cool ... he actually used to print playmats of all his art -- including shit he did for the Star Wars RPG (fucking Vader). But he got C&Ded by Luca$Art$$$$$ and Wotc. Anyway, I was desperate and needed a mat so blood covered japanese cumslut it was. He actually had a broken hand but had a stamp made for gencon to still at least sign stuff for people; he works has ass off going from show to show.

Yeah, he totally had his stuff together for when I saw him recently (at Spectrum). There's a handful of artists I like running into because they're open and chatty; he's one of 'em.

Unfortunately, I couldn't afford to buy anything from him this go around; I'll get him next year (or in July, if he'll be at Comic-Con). As ridiculous as it is, I really want a Chandra Ablaze artist's proof; the more I think about it, the more I rationalize the $50 price tag. I'm really bad at numbers and money, obviously. That's the nice thing about going to cons consistently ... eventually, you've got all the stuff you really, really wanted and you're down to the stuff you just really want.
    The proper plural must be "hall of fames." You wouldn't say Halls & Oate, now, would you?

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Really love the content, and the end banter was really entertaining.
    My only constructive criticism is editing out the 1-2 second pauses before people jump in. I understand you guys aren't sitting around a room together, so it's a little awkward trying to judge when people are going to finish their sentence. This is probably something that will just fix itself with time anyways, as you all get more comfortable with how people speak.
    Good stuff overall, excited for the 3rd.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

There's a random 5 second pause in the middle of the podcast that I just noticed, but this is due to a musical spot that was going to be there, but wasn't.

Next podcast's discussion is also very interesting. Stay tuned!

-Matt

Thread Information