Thread: MTG PeerTrader.com - New site to Trade, Buy and Sell Magic the Gathering Cards

MTG PeerTrader.com - New site to Trade, Buy and Sell Magic the Gathering Cards

Greetings! I just want to let everyone know about MTG PeerTrader http://MTGPeerTrader.com which is a free site that lets you Trade, Buy and Sell Magic the Gathering cards with other users. You can build Collections, Trade Collections, and Want Lists with current card prices, and then compare those Collections with other users in the Leader Boards.

Other features include: Price Histories, Recent Price Changes, Shipping Options, built in EBay style ratings, Notifications, Stores, Most Wanted Cards, Price Change List, Leader Boards, and more…

The site lets you do everything you could do in a real life trade, and has been made for MTG Players by MTG Players.

Some of you may have seen the site linked in another post or two as we have some members from this forum using the site. It is a newish site but already has a number of active users. New features are being actively developed to make the site the spot to go to when you look to Trade, Buy or Sell Magic the Gathering cards. Next on the list of features is a "Decks" section that will tie into your Collection, Searching, and Want Lists, and after that Custom Card notes for all those Altered/Signed/miscut cards.
    MTG PeerTrader - A free service that lets you Trade, Buy and Sell Magic The Gathering / MTG Cards. Trade Collections, Want Lists, Trader Ratings, Shipping & Current Prices

Playing solidarity on MWS because I love to masturbate.
    Aug 2008
    Arkansas

Re: MTG PeerTrader.com - New site to Trade, Buy and Sell Magic the Gathering Cards

I really enjoy using this site. I have not used it for online trading, so I can not attest to how the rating system works or anything related to that portion of the site.

I am looking forward to being able to add notes. One thing I would like to see is being able to link to photobucket or something in the notes section for scans of higher value cards for condition.

I use it currently to be able to have a quick source to show people my trade binder and to look up fair prices to trade at.
    Join Team Short bus We have all the special People, We allow helmets at our tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Personally I ... find MWS to be as fun as running a cheese grater down my ballsack.

Re: MTG PeerTrader.com - New site to Trade, Buy and Sell Magic the Gathering Cards

Oh nice, this seems to account for foils. That's one huge peeve of mine on deckbox, having to fiddle around when trading foils.

Quote Originally Posted by raloc View Post
    Oh nice, this seems to account for foils. That's one huge peeve of mine on deckbox, having to fiddle around when trading foils.
    And different versions of cards (Mishra's Factory Winter Vs Autum Vs Summer Vs Spring) or different artwork on cards, or promos :)
    MTG PeerTrader - A free service that lets you Trade, Buy and Sell Magic The Gathering / MTG Cards. Trade Collections, Want Lists, Trader Ratings, Shipping & Current Prices

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

I've been using Peertrader for a few months, and love it. Easy to manage, lets you keep track of price changes, and has a built in trading system.

No time to actually play Legacy
    Jun 2009
    Washington, D.C.

I'm happy to hear people like the site. Would you guys consider PeerTrader.com to be similar to an MagicCardMarket.EU for the US?

Playing solidarity on MWS because I love to masturbate.
    Aug 2008
    Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by atropos View Post
    I'm happy to hear people like the site. Would you guys consider PeerTrader.com to be similar to an MagicCardMarket.EU for the US?
    It could be if there was a way to set our own prices when we are selling and if there was a central payment system so that if I was buying 30 cards from different people I could just make one payment.

The site is Canadian based so it would be North American not US.
    Join Team Short bus We have all the special People, We allow helmets at our tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Personally I ... find MWS to be as fun as running a cheese grater down my ballsack.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Fanatic View Post
    It could be if there was a way to set our own prices when we are selling and if there was a central payment system so that if I was buying 30 cards from different people I could just make one payment.

The site is Canadian based so it would be North American not US.
    It's actually http://MTGPeerTrader.com and I don't consider it North American only, it has taken that focus for the moment while it builds popularity but would be fully functional for any country, and we already have a fair number of members from a wide variety of countries.

There is no commission, or site charge for selling cards, and at the moment the money exchange would be left to be decided on by the two parties. Part of the big drive to start this site was how fed up I was getting with the EBay fees and then the PayPal fees I was getting hit with when selling. I would like to add in a CC and PayPal option, but at the moment there are more important features to bring online such as Deck building, management and tie ins with your Collection (think, what cards do I have and what am I missing, how much will the missing cards cost). After that I will be working on a "Card Note" so people can let people know when a card is Signed, Altered, miscut, or possibly link to card scans for high value cards.

Setting your own prices is a double edged sword, you really have to be on top of it when card prices change as I'm sure no one wants to lose out when a card jumps or sit on stuff that is overvalued. At the moment the concept would be that you start with the price listed and negotiate, as I would assume most people would do when buying cards and such from players and stores in real life. Letting people set their own prices, or the price be a % of the "going price" is a possibility for the future, and I'm always interested in user feedback.

Thread Information