Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] DeathBlade

Re: [Deck] DeathBlade

I recently switched to DeathBlade after not liking how UR Delver sometimes has issues closing out games. I wanted to play more powerful cards, and I liked that this deck played similarly to the UWR Delver list Owen Turtenwald used to win a GP a long while back. Between the equipment package, DRS, and lots of disruption I felt this deck would give me a fighting chance in almost any situation. Also they printed this Treasure Cruise card that seems pretty good. I went 5-2 yesterday at a local event (Buncha Duals, Lincoln RI), coming in 11th out of 96 and winning a Plateau.

My maindeck was card for card the 60 Ben Glancy used to win SCG Worcester: http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=74766

My sideboard was the same as his with the following changes:
    -2 Meddling Mage
    -1 Flusterstorm
    -1 Sword of Feast and Famine
    +1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    +1 Abrupt Decay
    +1 Chill
    +1 Pithing Needle

I wanted to test Containment Priest in the board but was unable to pick any up since the Commander decks just came out. My rationale for the other SB changes was expecting lots of UR Delver and wanting some more stuff vs. Miracles. The meta ending up being very Delver heavy, with all varieties of the deck showing up somewhere.

Round 1 vs Brett Levasque playing UR Delver
    Game 1: The game was close as he got me pretty low in life, but I was able to Stoneforge up a Jitte and come back to win. I keep lots of counters on Jitte to prevent a random flurry of burn and just poke him for one like six turns in a row. I drop as low as two but always had extra counters to gain more life and kill him from 11 in two swings.
    SB: -4 FoW -2 Thoughtseize +Sword/Chill/ZP/Decay/Verdict
    Game 2: I Thoughtseize him early and he Brainstorms in response. I see Pyroblast, 2 Young Pyromancer, Swiftspear and FoW and take FoW in case he hid a blue card. My plan was to make sure I could resolve a Stoneforge since he had no way of stopping it in hand. Also his hand doesn't seem great with no way to take advantage of his dudes without more cantrips. He Smashes my Jitte to Smithereens before it gets too out of hand. I get to have the biggest blowout of my day this game when he attacks with Pyromancer, an elemental token, and two 2/3 Swiftspears while leaving back another elemental token he just made. I Zealous Persecution and block his monks with my now pumped DRS and Stoneforge. Gotta love two mana instant speed Plague Winds.

1-0 (2-0)

Round 2 vs Bryan Zoll playing Nic Fit (with Scapeshift/Valakut and Burning Wish)
    Game 1: I vaguely knew what he was on from playing next to him in Round 1, but I've never played against any Nic Fit decks so I only vaguely knew what I was doing. I Swords his first Veteran Explorer and Force of Will his Green Sun's Zenith for 1 on the following turn. I figured I couldn't let him get ahead of me in mana because his big spells are so impactful. I search up Batterskull and beat him down with it for a while. He wishes for Maelstorm Pulse but I have a counter. He eventually lands Obstinate Baloth to gain some life and kill my germ by blocking. I end up not bouncing the skull and just play more dudes, including Clique and True-Name. I get another germ eventually and he Wishes for Toxic Deluge but can't wipe the board since he's only at 3 life.
    SB: -3 Spell Pierce, -1 TNN +Lili/Verdict/Clique/Jace (I thought he might bring in Golgari Charm for TNN)
    Game 2: This was a pretty crazy game. He lands a couple Veteran Explorers but has no Therapy so he just pokes me for damage for a while. I get a couple dudes out and Thoughtseize him seeing Primeval Titan, Scapeshift, Pernicious Deed, 2 Zenith and take the Deed. Next turn he topdecks therapy and I let him blind name True-Name and whiff. He flashes it back and I respond by Brainstorming, fetching, and putting the Jitte he saw into play. I forget what he took in the end, but it didn't end up being huge as I was able to refill with Treasure Cruise. We eventually get to a point where he Scapeshifts with seven land and can't kill me because I'm at 18 with Jitte counters still up. He wraths my board and I go about trying to rebuild by equipping my 4 counter Jitte to a Deathrite Shaman. He plays Titan the following turn to get Valakut/Mountain and hit my Elf for 6. I plow the Titan and draw a Waste for one of his Valakuts. From there I eventually get after him with a Clique wearing a Jitte he can't block with his ground guys while he bricks a few topdecks.

2-0 (4-0)

Round 3 vs Zacahary Bryan playing Death and Taxes
    Game 1: He keeps a 7 card hand on the draw and leads Wasteland Aether Vial. I fetch in response and am about to Brainstorm when I realize I have a Spell Pierce. I take my turn and Waste his Waste. He draws and passed the turn. I Thoughtseize him to see 2 Spirit of the Labyrinth, 2 Flickerwisp, Swords to Plowshares, and Thalia. He never draws another land and scoops after I play Stoneforge fetching Jitte before I even deal him a point.
    SB: -1 Cruise and some counterspells I forget +Needles/Decay/ZP
    Game 2: He goes T1 Mother of Runes T2 Thalia. I Thoughtseize T2 and see Spirit, Brimaz, Serra Avenger, Thalia. I take the Thalia since I'm holding Zealous Persecution. He refuses to let me totally blow him out by playing Spirit, so I just two for one him with ZP. He plays Brimaz and I am able to Stoneforge up a Batterskull to counter. His cat trades with my germ, but he still has the Angel to worry about. I fortunately get an Abrupt Decay and start to come back with True-Name plus equipment. He got me to 5, but scoops to the merfolk at 19 life because he didn't draw his answer (Tariff) and I had enough mana for it anyway.

3-0 (6-0)

Round 4 vs Marcus M[somethingIforget] playing Esper Deathblade
    Game 1: This game takes forever and is grindy as hell but ultimately comes down to him getting Liliana and me being unable to answer it. I eventually get my own Lili though and hilarity ensues with topdeck wars. When he eventually ulimates (keeping at least 1 loyalty counter) he splits my Lili vs everything else so I lose her. I die to something eventually (maybe Clique) with like 20 cards left in my library after Cruising so much.
    SB: -4 FoW -2 Spell Pierce +Lili/Sword/Verdict/Decay/Clique/Jace
    Game 2: He mentions how his SB card is awkward as he plays Pithing Needle. I fetch away my Marsh Flats in Response and he names Deathride. Later he establishes planeswalker supremacy over me again. He is the first to land Jace after I miss my fourth land drop, then I decide to Thoughtseize to clear the way for my True-Name instead of just jamming it. He get Liliana out too and I'm really in trouble. He eventually has her at two and I play True-name forgetting he can just eat it with Lili. At least he loses her to do so, but Jace keeps drawing him cards while I fail to find a fourth land for my Jace and die to massive card advantage. Even if I somehow pulled this game out there wouldn't have been enough time to finish a third as our first game took almost half an hour.

3-1 (6-2)

Round 5 vs Matthew Zirolli playing BUG Delver
    Game 1: He mulligans and we trade early spells until I Thoughtseize him seeing Goyf, 2 Tresure Cruise, 2 land. I take the Goyf and keep him off Cruise using DRS to thin his yard. He draws poorly and scoops it up.
    SB: -4 FoW -3 Spell Pierce +Relic/Seize/Lili/Decay/Verdict/Clique/Jace
    Game 2: I Thoughtseize and see his spicy hand of Lili, Dig Through Time, Abrupt Decay, Disfigure, 2 land. I decide to take Dig as it represents outright card advantage eventually. This game ends up not being too exciting as he gets two Insectile Aberrations and eats my face. I attempt to resolve Clique to block one and hopefully cycle into a removal spell but he counters and I die.
    Game 3: This game mostly came down to him running out a True-Name while he already had a goyf. I don't respond, and on my turn I play my fourth land and Supreme Verdict. He is sad in response. Fortunately for him he plays another goyf and I don't have a swords yet. After taking a hit I'm able to hardcast Batterskull and slow the game down. I cast Clique on his draw step a couple turns later and make him cycle a Liliana. He plays some ground guys but on my turn I equip Batterskull to Clique and fly over to put him from 12 to 5 and me from 14 to 21. He draws a blank and scoops. This game I saw both Clique and True-Name from him and wish I had had the foresight to side in my ZPs, but it ended up not mattering.

4-1 (8-3)

Round 6 vs Noah Walker playing Grixis? Delver (Essentially UR Delver splashing black for Deathrite Shaman, but also playing Wasteland, Stifle, and True-Name and no basics)
    Game 1: I Thoughtseize him and see 3 land, Brainstorm, Daze, 2 Stifle. I take the Brainstorm hoping I can draw the game out to the point where his mana denial will be less useful. Unfortunately after he wastes my Sea I only ever see two Fetches. I sit there without cracking them because he never taps out. Eventually he keeps drawing land and cantrips while I draw non-land/non-FoW cards. He then casts Treasure Cruise for 1 and I allow him to Armageddon me because I don't see any other way out. I eventually draw a land but it's way too late.
    SB: - 4 FoW -2 Thoughtseize +Sword/Extraction/Decay/ZP/Chill
    Game 2: After trading early plays we get to a point where I have True-Name and Liliana and have to pick one to play. Playing Lili seems bad as TNN is my only card in hand and not activating her means she dies to Bolt. My TNN gets Pyroblasted and Lili doesn't do much before she dies. I get a super late Chill which doesn't do a whole lot and my only pyrrhic victory is to Surgically Extract his Lightning Bolts and strip one from his hand. There was a point in this game where I had no hand and topdecked three fetch lands in a row, so after five rounds of running reasonably well I get both the screw and flood variance in this match. I also realize this game that Spell Pierce is actually just bad against him as he's too proactive for me. It's usually better vs the UR build as you can save it for Price of Progress, Blood Moon, or Sulfuric Vortex, but he clearly wasn't running those.

4-2 (8-5)

Looking at standings it seems like I have no shot to Top 8 but a win should give me a very good chance to make 9-12 where the only other prizes are.

Round 7 vs R-something (Roman?) playing UR Delver
    Game 1: He floods super hard this game after taking a mulligan. He paid blue mana for Gitaxian Probe two turns in a row and kept drawing lands. I actually Thoughtseize at one point and see three lands and nothing else in his hand.
    SB same as Round 1
    Game 2: He mulligans again and doesn't end up having much gas. I think I get attacked with a 1/2 Swiftspear for several turns. I Thoughtseize and see 2 FoW, Cruise, land, and take FoW because he's a long way off from Cruising. He then starts to flood I play a Stoneforge, he hardcasts Force and I Spell Pierce, then win in short order.

5-2 (10-5)

I end up in 11th and get a Plateau which is a decent double up on $30 entry. Mostly though I'm glad to have gotten in the experience testing for New Jersey. Surgical Extraction didn't do anything for me all day, and I will likely replace it with a Containment Priest if I can find one. I didn't draw Chill enough to see how effective it is, but I expect a huge amount of UR so I'm going to leave it as is. I'm not sure if my choice of Sword in the SB was correct, but it didn't come up very often. Most decks I bring it in against are ones that have answers to equipment so I try to have more equipment around, and I like the actual card advantage SoFaI provides. I expect it will be more important to swing through Elemental tokens than Elves this weekend. Let me know if anyone has any questions or suggestions.

Dec 2011
    Seattle

Re: [Deck] DeathBlade

Some random thoughts on the deck:

- Wastelands are worse. UR Delver doesn't care that much about them, and since most decks were running 2, it's not like you were wasting anyone out of the game. Deathrite often doesn't survive long enough to use it for mana. I agree with the trend of taking out wastes and adding basics, especially given that the top deck is siding moons and often prices.
    - Jace is worse. Decks are main-decking red blasts now. I think I'm down to 1 Jace main, 1 in the board and I think 0 main is defensible, although I'm not there yet.
    - It's probably correct to jam removal early against UR Delver instead of playing around Daze (that is, if you have something useful to do with the mana the following turn). If they Daze it, that's less chance of them Dazing a bomb, and less triggers they're likely to get later. I'm not sure them Dazing your spot removal is usually correct anyway, and might signify a threat-light hand on their part.
    - Vendilion Clique seems worse maindeck (and TNN better) against a meta rich in UR Delver. With Containment Priest to shore up Sneak and Show, Reanimator, and Elves post-board, I think I'm okay with this.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Re: [DTB] DeathBlade

Yej, back in the DtB section
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Played DeathBlade at GPNJ this past weekend. I went 3-3 which isn't fantastic but is better than I've done in the past. My decklist and report may be found on my site here.

I'll definitely be playing this or something similar in the future. When the person who gave me the decklist that this came from asked, I could articulate exactly what I liked about the deck other that the majority of the time I'm playing, I feel firmly in control of everything that's happening.

Thoughts on the 75 I played:
    Ashiok - Every time I've drawn Ashiok, it's done work. From being pitched to Force of Will to having the opponent Pithing Needle her instead of Jitte, I've loved playing with Ashiok.
    2 Thoughtseize - In the brief time that I've been playing this deck, Thoughtseize has underperformed. While it's great against combo, the current metagame is so light on combo that I end up sideboarding it out in most matches. I think it would be worth weakening game 1 of the combo matchup to move one or both of them to the sideboard and bring in something to strengthen other matchups. Perhaps Pithing Needle, Relic of Progenitus, or a Meddling Mage.
    2 Treasure Cruise - This felt like just the right amount. The only time I've ever had a Treasure Cruise in hand and not gone on to cast it, I pitched it to Force of Will to stop an early Natural Order from Elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Apr 2013
    Spring hill florida

I'm finally back to playing legacy again, after a long break from mtg. i miss reading and writing about deathblade.no matter what deck i play in legacy, i always go back to deathblade. it is one of those decks that is modular, so you can customize it to how ever you like, depending to your meta. so i personally think theres no stock or " right" list. with that being said, this is my updated list.

22 lands

4 flooded strand
    2 polluted delta
    2 marsh flats
    3 tundra
    2 underground sea
    1 scrubland
    1 tropical island
    1 bayou
    3 wasteland
    1 karakas
    1 academy ruins
    1 island

14 creatures

4 deathrite shaman
    4 stoneforge mystic
    3 true name nemesis
    2 snapcaster mage
    1 vendillion clique

4 brainstorm
    1 ponder
    3 force of will
    2 spell pierce
    4 swords to plowshares
    3 thoughtsieze
    2 liliana of the veil
    1 jace the mind sculptor
    2 treasure cruise
    1 batterskull
    1 umezawas jitte

this list is almost identical to the last post i made,(which was months ago, and it was pre-journey to nyx) which needs some updating.
    heres the changes:
    no more dark confidant. im a big supporter of bob in deathblade pre khans. the deck strives when you can get CA, because the deck has a lot of individually powerful cards. a tunr one DRS folowed by turn two, wasteland into bob, is devastating. BUT, if youre playing blue nowadays, its almost always assumed that you have a few treasure cruise some where in the 75. though i miss the extra body and the proactive threat, i feel like treasure cruise have a higher impact in the deck. it doesnt hurt that its also pitchable to blue.
    i didnt include the sb, because it s meta dependent

I know the other stoneblade decks are playing dig through time instead of treasure cruise, is that something that would work well in deathblade?

Apr 2013
    Spring hill florida

Quote Originally Posted by ljackstar View Post
    I know the other stoneblade decks are playing dig through time instead of treasure cruise, is that something that would work well in deathblade?
    Its quality vs quantity. Quantity being treasure cruise. I feel like every time I resolve it a dig through time , it's almost like a tutor effect. You getst the best cards oyt of the top seven, and its an instant, but only two cards, while treasure geTs you more. Im actually in the process if trading for a dig, cus I believe its superior to treasure especially in an attrition deck like this

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Hey Guys,

after playing the last 10 month TA, I will give Deathblade another shot. I will play the following list on my local turney on saturday. I played the deck this year once and went 31 but it was the pre TC time.

12 Creatures
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 True-Name Nemesis

28 Spells
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Abrupt Decay

4 Force of Will
    3 Spell Pierce
    3 Thoughtseize

4 Brainstorm
    3 Ponder
    3 Treasure Cruise

1 Batterskull
    1 Umezawa`s Jitte

20 Lands
    3 Tundra
    3 Underground Sea
    1 Scrubland
    1 Tropical Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Marsh Flats
    2 Wasteland

Sideboard: 15 Cards
    2 Meddling Mage (On NO, Zenith, AD, IT, S&T etc.)
    2 Containment Priest (Against NO, Zenith, Vial, Dread Return, Ichorid, Narcomoeba, Reanimater, Sneak Show etc.)
    2 Vendilion Clique (Versatile disruption against Elves, DnT, Equipments, Combo decks...)
    2 Council`s Judgement (Against opposin TNN´s, Jace, Lili, Equipments etc.)
    2 Zealous Persecution (Elves, DnT, YP, TNN etc.)
    2 Grafdigger`s Cage (Elves, Reanimator, Dredge)
    2 Pithing Needle (Against Top, Jace, Sneak Attack, Aether Vial etc.)
    1 Sword of Fire & Ice (Against UR Delver, UWR Delver/Blade, DnT etc.)

Yes I have alot of hate against Elves Maybe I can cut 1 Cage or 1 Priest for another card...

I played a couple of games against Elves, Jund, RUG & DnT and was very confidant with the list. TNN + Jitte is just too much for the most fair decks and won me alot of games! Pre TC I played a 3:1 split between TNN & Clique but the meta is now full of bolt decks, so I want to keep my creatures on board.

The 2 AD felt very good till now. I dont want to lose to CB, opposing Jitte`s or Liliana. I`m only not 100% sure if I should play 1 Bayou for the AD as a 21th land because I´m a bit worried about DnT or RUG MU´s were the manabase is under a lot of pressure...

20 Lands seemed absolutley fine till today, we will see how it worked out on Sunday

I wanna try the Priest in the SB in combinatin with 2 MM as my hatebears...In my local meta we have constantly DnT & Elves & Dredge, so I think the Priest should be fine

Greetings
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Apr 2013
    Spring hill florida

Quote Originally Posted by Manipulato View Post
    Hey Guys,

after playing the last 10 month TA, I will give Deathblade another shot. I will play the following list on my local turney on saturday. I played the deck this year once and went 31 but it was the pre TC time.

12 Creatures
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 True-Name Nemesis

28 Spells
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Abrupt Decay

4 Force of Will
    3 Spell Pierce
    3 Thoughtseize

4 Brainstorm
    3 Ponder
    3 Treasure Cruise

1 Batterskull
    1 Umezawa`s Jitte

20 Lands
    3 Tundra
    3 Underground Sea
    1 Scrubland
    1 Tropical Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Marsh Flats
    2 Wasteland

Sideboard: 15 Cards
    2 Meddling Mage (On NO, Zenith, AD, IT, S&T etc.)
    2 Containment Priest (Against NO, Zenith, Vial, Dread Return, Ichorid, Narcomoeba, Reanimater, Sneak Show etc.)
    2 Vendilion Clique (Versatile disruption against Elves, DnT, Equipments, Combo decks...)
    2 Council`s Judgement (Against opposin TNN´s, Jace, Lili, Equipments etc.)
    2 Zealous Persecution (Elves, DnT, YP, TNN etc.)
    2 Grafdigger`s Cage (Elves, Reanimator, Dredge)
    2 Pithing Needle (Against Top, Jace, Sneak Attack, Aether Vial etc.)
    1 Sword of Fire & Ice (Against UR Delver, UWR Delver/Blade, DnT etc.)

Yes I have alot of hate against Elves Maybe I can cut 1 Cage or 1 Priest for another card...

I played a couple of games against Elves, Jund, RUG & DnT and was very confidant with the list. TNN + Jitte is just too much for the most fair decks and won me alot of games! Pre TC I played a 3:1 split between TNN & Clique but the meta is now full of bolt decks, so I want to keep my creatures on board.

The 2 AD felt very good till now. I dont want to lose to CB, opposing Jitte`s or Liliana. I`m only not 100% sure if I should play 1 Bayou for the AD as a 21th land because I´m a bit worried about DnT or RUG MU´s were the manabase is under a lot of pressure...

20 Lands seemed absolutley fine till today, we will see how it worked out on Sunday

I wanna try the Priest in the SB in combinatin with 2 MM as my hatebears...In my local meta we have constantly DnT & Elves & Dredge, so I think the Priest should be fine

Greetings
    i like the fact that it is streamlined. seems to me that you wanna rely heavily on tnn, which is not a bad thing. but playing 20 lands, and the fact that you have decay, is kinda iffy. it puts alot of tension in the mana base, especially since you have wasteland. aside from that, the sideboard is pretty solid. but like everyuthing in legacy, if it works for you, then go for it. personally i cant play deathblade with 20 lands, beacuse 2 seems to be the sweet spot for me, especially since i wanna play lili and jace.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool09 View Post
    i like the fact that it is streamlined. seems to me that you wanna rely heavily on tnn, which is not a bad thing. but playing 20 lands, and the fact that you have decay, is kinda iffy. it puts alot of tension in the mana base, especially since you have wasteland. aside from that, the sideboard is pretty solid. but like everyuthing in legacy, if it works for you, then go for it. personally i cant play deathblade with 20 lands, beacuse 2 seems to be the sweet spot for me, especially since i wanna play lili and jace.
    Im not 100 % sure about the manabase now, I will give it a try on Saturday and maybe cutting 1 TNN for a Bayou or something.

I personnaly don't like Jace & Lili right now. With that much YP, bolts, red blasts & tempo counter like Daze/Pierce I think the 2 PW ' s are not the place to be right now. Pre TC I played them on my own and even there I was only happy with Jace. Lili dissapointed in some MU'S like Elves, DnT and even against Miracles she underperformed especially after resolving a SFM .

Greetings
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Apr 2013
    Spring hill florida

Im not 100 % sure about the manabase now, I will give it a try on Saturday and maybe cutting 1 TNN for a Bayou or something.

I personnaly don't like Jace & Lili right now. With that much YP, bolts, red blasts & tempo counter like Daze/Pierce I think the 2 PW ' s are not the place to be right now. Pre TC I played them on my own and even there I was only happy with Jace. Lili dissapointed in some MU'S like Elves, DnT and even against Miracles she underperformed especially after resolving a SFM .

Greetings
    I understand. My meta still plays grindy matchups, with the occasional tempo and combo decks. I play 2 lilid and 1 jtms for that reason. My matches vs tempo decks are always text book win. I never let them keep me in the first phases of the game. I play my threats somewhat aggressively, forcing them to have counters all the time( which they dont). Our crds are just superior once it resolves and its online. Then again, I do t plan on beating the card or cards of the week. I plan to beat the whole deck, which suits the game plan of death blade better.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Hey Guys,
    today I went in 1st place with 41. I played the list above.

My MU's were.

Round 1: Death & Taxes (Won 1:0)
    Round 2 : Burn (Won 2:0)
    Round 3 : BG Loampox (1:1 Draw)
    Round 4 : UWr Miracles (Won 1:0)
    Round 5: Punishing Jund (Won 2:0)

Overall I was very happy with the list. The 2 AD felt allright, in MU'S like DnT I boarded it out to not getting color screwed.
    4 TNN felt great and I never ever missed Clique or Snapy instead of the 3rd/4th TNN. TNN + Equipment wins just so many games!
    Pierce was ok but not super great, same for Thoughtseize.

I had never the chance to cast Priest because I did not drew her against DnT. Judgment was solid.

The 20 lands were never a problem.

I had a lot of long grindy games as you can see from the results above but in the 2 games where I won 1:0 or drew the time helped my opponent more than me because I was always ahead, especially because of TC! But well thats the nature of the deck.

Greetings
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Jan 2010
    Germany

Hey Guys,
    today I went in 1st place with 41. I played the list above.

My MU's were.

Round 1: Death & Taxes (Won 1:0)
    Round 2 : Burn (Won 2:0)
    Round 3 : BG Loampox (1:1 Draw)
    Round 4 : UWr Miracles (Won 1:0)
    Round 5: Punishing Jund (Won 2:0)

Overall I was very happy with the list. The 2 AD felt allright, in MU'S like DnT I boarded it out to not getting color screwed.
    4 TNN felt great and I never ever missed Clique or Snapy instead of the 3rd/4th TNN. TNN + Equipment wins just so many games!
    Pierce was ok but not super great, same for Thoughtseize.

I had never the chance to cast Priest because I did not drew her against DnT. Judgment was solid.

The 20 lands were never a problem.

I had a lot of long grindy games as you can see from the results above but in the 2 games where I won 1:0 or drew the time helped my opponent more than me because I was always ahead, especially because of TC! But well thats the nature of the deck.

Greetings
    Congrats on the finish! I like your list! Always a fan of 4 TNN! Will give it a try!

I'm trying to help a friend build his first version of this deck, but I have been looking at a lot of lists and wanted to know why most lists play < 4 wastelands, and if people would rather just cut them or play the full 4? I just have no experience with this deck and wanted to know what its pilots thought.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Allcoin View Post
    I'm trying to help a friend build his first version of this deck, but I have been looking at a lot of lists and wanted to know why most lists play < 4 wastelands, and if people would rather just cut them or play the full 4? I just have no experience with this deck and wanted to know what its pilots thought.
    I play two because the full set would put too much strain on the manabase. After all we're not tempoing people out with wastelands but rather they're just there to get rid of problematic unbasics when necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Allcoin View Post
    Hi,
    as sad above, blade is more of a midrange/control deck than a tempo deck which uses Wasteland more as a utility card to handle Tar-Pit, Cradle, Karakas etc...
    The full 4 would put to much pressure on the manabase.
    If you want to play 4 Wasteland you have to up your land count to 22-23 lands and no other things like Tar-Pit or Karakas or basics...
    Currently I'm playing a 20 lands build with 2 Wasteland, so I don't really can put another "utility lands" in there.

Greetings
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Im trying this list at the moment. Any thoughts on this?
    Thinking about cutting 1 Liliana and one Jace for more Ponders or Gitaxian Probes.

2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

2 Liliana of the Veil

4 Deathrite Shaman

4 Stoneforge Mystic

2 True-Name Nemesis

2 Vendilion Clique

2 Dig through Time

2 Ponder

2 Treasure Cruise

4 Brainstorm

3 Abrupt Decay

4 Force of Will

4 Swords to Plowshares

1 Umezawa's Jitte

1 Batterskull

1 Plains

1 Island

2 Marsh Flats

3 Polluted Delta

2 Misty Rainforest

1 Verdant Catacombs

1 Scrubland

2 Tundra

3 Underground Sea

1 Tropical Island

1 Savannah

1 Karakas

1 Bayou

2 Wasteland

Sideboard.

3 Chill

2 Containment Priest

2 Meddling Mage

1 Helm Of Obedience

3 Thoughtseize

1 Null Rod

1 Grafdigger's Cage

1 Council's Judgement

1 Toxic Deluge

1 Engineered Plague

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by nossirag View Post
    Im trying this list at the moment. Any thoughts on this?
    Thinking about cutting 1 Liliana and one Jace for more Ponders or Gitaxian Probes.

2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

2 Liliana of the Veil

4 Deathrite Shaman

4 Stoneforge Mystic

2 True-Name Nemesis

2 Vendilion Clique

2 Dig through Time

2 Ponder

2 Treasure Cruise

4 Brainstorm

3 Abrupt Decay

4 Force of Will

4 Swords to Plowshares

1 Umezawa's Jitte

1 Batterskull

1 Plains

1 Island

2 Marsh Flats

3 Polluted Delta

2 Misty Rainforest

1 Verdant Catacombs

1 Scrubland

2 Tundra

3 Underground Sea

1 Tropical Island

1 Savannah

1 Karakas

1 Bayou

2 Wasteland

Sideboard.

3 Chill

2 Containment Priest

2 Meddling Mage

1 Helm Of Obedience

3 Thoughtseize

1 Null Rod

1 Grafdigger's Cage

1 Council's Judgement

1 Toxic Deluge

1 Engineered Plague
    Hi,
    so, nobodys writing something about your post

The list looks very clunky to me and a bit overloaded on removal.
    The list also lacks a bit of disruption/protection in form of TS & SP.

You play 22 lands but 7 of them are non-blue ones, could be a bit hard sometimes...

If your meta is full with fair creature decks and no combo/control decks it might be ok but it's way to focused on removal for my taste.

Also Jace & Lili are really meta dependent.

Greetings
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Hi,
    so, nobodys writing something about your post

The list looks very clunky to me and a bit overloaded on removal.
    The list also lacks a bit of disruption/protection in form of TS & SP.

You play 22 lands but 7 of them are non-blue ones, could be a bit hard sometimes...

If your meta is full with fair creature decks and no combo/control decks it might be ok but it's way to focused on removal for my taste.

Also Jace & Lili are really meta dependent.

Greetings
    Thanks for your answer :)
    I allready did cut 1 lili for ponder.
    For non fair decks I just want to win with all the hate I got in my sideboard.
    Maybe I should cut more planeswalkers for disruption.
    What would be the ideal lands list I'm having a hard time calculating this.

I've been playing around with a heavier green splash since wastelands are on the decline and I have to say that my 4c list has been fairly resilient so far. Its been holding its own mana-wise versus both dnt and stifle bug delver--probably the 2 heaviest resource denial decks out there. However, I've basically cut all of the non-color producing lands as well as the planeswalkers to increase my aggression.

This is my current list, I'm currently debating between meddling mage #3/thoughtseize #3/jtms #1 in the board. I mostly want something to better my combo matchup (especially snt) and I've currently trying out the 3rd meddling mage to get more threats postboard.

Creatures (15)
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Tarmogoyf
    3 True-Name Nemesis

1 Batterskull
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Force of Will
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Treasure Cruise

3 Polluted Delta
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Tundra
    1 Bayou
    1 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    1 Karakas

SB: 2 Thoughtseize (potentially swap to 2x vendilion cliques since 2 discard spells are really not consistent enough)
    SB: 1 Blue Elemental Blast
    SB: 2 Containment Priest
    SB: 1 Flusterstorm/Blue Elemental Blast #2 (Undecided about this slot as well; the deck really wants hard counters to blood moon+pop)
    SB: 3 Meddling Mage (potentially -1 mm, +1 thoughtseize)
    SB: 2 Pithing Needle
    SB: 2 Engineered Explosives
    SB: 1 Spell Pierce
    SB: 1 Sword of Feast and Famine

Thread Information