Thread: Vancouver Summer Legacy Classic 2013 - August 17th - Vancouver, BC (Pacific Northwest

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Vancouver Summer Legacy Classic 2013 - August 17th - Vancouver, BC (Pacific Northwest

Greetings all.

In our efforts to expand attendance, I'm posting to announce the Vancouver Summer Legacy Classic! Come on out to beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia and take in the air of the mountains, the view of the sea, and the liberal attitudes while slinging Legacy cards to win fetches and duals!

Where: Craving for a Game, next to Simon Fraser University: Surrey Campus, which is in the Vancouver, British Columbia area (not sure? Google Maps).

1.5-2 hour drive from Seattle, 5 hour drive from Portland, or 8 hour drive from NorCal. Great city, great stuff to see, hooray Canada! Drinking age is 19 as well, if that helps.

More specifically, the tournament site will be Craving For A Game Unit 2293-10153 King George Blvd, Surrey, British Columbia, which is 20 minutes from the border crossing.

How?: How does one cross the international border between the US and Canada? Go to any border crossing nearest you and present a valid (or, I've heard, up to 6 months out of date) PASSPORT, enhanced driver's license, or Nexus card.

When: Saturday, August 17th at 1pm.

What: Unsanctioned non-proxy Legacy, decklist required. Swiss, Cut to top 8 assuming Swiss would produce at least 5 rounds.

If you don't have a deck, and you still want to play, we can loan you one!

Fees: Entrance fee will be $30 Canadian. Pre-registry can be done through Paypal if you don't want to get Canadian money. Payment can be done in USD if need be.

Prize support:

Prizes will be drafted in order of finished placement. I will scale prize support if we get more people! More people means more prizes to win!

In the event of 40 people, the expected attendance, prize support will be something like this:

40 person structure:

1st: 2 Underground Sea, 1 Tropical Island
    2nd: 1 Volcanic Island, 1 Fetchland
    3rd: 1 Tundra, 1 Fetchland
    4th: 1 Tropical Island
    5th: 1 Bayou
    6th: 1 Karakas
    7th: 1 Taiga
    8th: 1 Taiga
    9th: 1 Snapcaster Mage
    10th: 1 Snapcaster Mage

30 person structure:

1st: 2 Underground Sea
    2nd: 1 Volcanic Island, 1 Russian Marsh Flats
    3rd: 1 Tundra
    4th: 1 Tropical Island
    5th: 1 Bayou
    6th: 1 Karakas
    7th: 1 Taiga
    8th: 1 Taiga

20 person structure:

1st: 1 Underground Sea
    2nd: 1 Volcanic Island
    3rd: 1 Tundra/Tropcial Island
    4th: 1 Taiga
    5th: 1 Taiga
    6th: 1 Russian Marsh Flats
    7th: 1 Russian Marsh Flats
    8th: 1 Russian Marsh Flats

In addition to this, there will be prizes for top placing deck that didn't top 9 and didn't place Forces and duals, as well as other random door prizes!

I will 100% confirm prize support guaranteed for 15 people, no matter how many show up. This has never been a problem. If we get less than 40, I'll scale slightly to attendance.

I will also scale prize support up if we get more people!
    ---------------

Any questions? Concerns? Comments? Post here.

Updates also posted on: https://www.facebook.com/events/574396365931985/

-Matt
    Last edited by sdematt; 08-11-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Re: Vancouver Summer Legacy Classic 2013 - August 17th - Vancouver, BC (Pacific North

Reserved.

Also, post if you plan to attend. Roll call will really help in seeing what I need to provide for prize support.

-Matt

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Re: Vancouver Summer Legacy Classic 2013 - August 17th - Vancouver, BC (Pacific North

Bump! this is next Saturday!

Prize structure upgraded!

-Matt

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Bump! this is next Saturday!

Prize structure upgraded!

-Matt
    If I don't have access to my passport (it's with my folks), will I have trouble crossing the border?

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    If I don't have access to my passport (it's with my folks), will I have trouble crossing the border?
    Yes. Unless you have the upgraded driver's license (not sure if Americans have that. I know certain Canadian provinces don't have it yet) or a Nexus card.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    Get them to send it to you expedited mail if they're in the States. You'll get it in time for Saturday.

I've also heard if you have an expired passport it sometimes works. Or, your birth certificate, scan of your passport, and driver's license together might work. Just explain your situation and they may let you cross.

You could get an enhanced driver's license, but it's unlikely you'll get that finished before Saturday. Come out to this tournament! It'll be a blast :) Tell people in the Seattle area and bring friends!

-Matt

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Ended up not being able to make this, but I'll try to get my passport around for future events.

How did this go?

That's not my play, I'm just choosing to reveal it
    Oct 2011
    Portland, OR.

Portland Oregon takes it down! Congratulations to Nick Masters, who won with Imperial Painter!

Mar 2007
    RI

Quote Originally Posted by lochlan View Post
    Portland Oregon takes it down! Congratulations to Nick Masters, who won with Imperial Painter!
    Grats Nick!

Congrats Nick! How many people turned out?

Dec 2012
    Portland, OR

Claiming the title for America!!!
    I think we had about 28? I could be wrong. Top 8 was:
    B/W Dead Guy
    Elves
    Imperial Painter
    U/B Omni Clash
    UWR Delver/Stoneforge
    ANT
    Hightide
    Junk

American mountains win again.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

This time it did. I'm a bit bitter I couldn't play what I wanted to play since I loaned out cards for other people to play, but Miracles was pretty fun.

Turnout and atmosphere was great, if I might say so myself. The Fall Classic will be even bigger and even better :)

-Matt

Thread Information