Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Re: Theros thread

Minokul, the Grisletaur
    Legendary Creature - Minotaur Mothafucka

Annihilator: 7, Banding, Flying, First Strike,
    Haste, Hexproof, Islandwalk, Lifelink,
    Rampage: 7, Trample, Vigilance

Whenever Minokul attacks, draw fourteen cards.
    Whenever Minokul blocks, attacking player
    discards fourteen cards.

"We wished the old forgotten cards like Show and Tell
    to become at least a little bit playable." Mark Rosewater.

_____________________________________ 14/14

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

I bet 10$ that there won't be a cheap (2 or less cmc), playable minotaur in Red. Screw that, i'd bet 1000$.

And if we get a red planeswalker, i'd bet it sucks. And if we got a red chaos enchantment, it will cost 4RRR and be casual random shit as always.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    I bet 10$ that there won't be a cheap (2 or less cmc), playable minotaur in Red. Screw that, i'd bet 1000$.
    Otoh, I still pity that I didn't hoard the Didgeridoos when Changelings were introduced in LRW.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

And if we get a red planeswalker, i'd bet it sucks. And if we got a red chaos enchantment, it will cost 4RRR and be casual random shit as always.
    I doubt we're getting another red Planeswalker so fast, considering red got a "good" walker in M14. Elspeth is going to be white again. We'll habe to wait and see about the other two.

@Bed Decks Palyer: That's a God card.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    MaRo and others have said over and over that they hate how Legendary lands play and they only make them for rare exceptions that won't force you to risk manascrewing yourself, i.e. that you don't want to play in too many copies (Eye of Ugin, Maze's End).

Legendary duals will not be printed in the near future.
    MaRo said he hated the Legendary lands because any additonali copy you have in you hand/draw is dead. That's why they changed the legend-rule to Print Legendary Lands again.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I doubt we're getting another red Planeswalker so fast, considering red got a "good" walker in M14. Elspeth is going to be white again. We'll habe to wait and see about the other two.

@Bed Decks Palyer: That's a God card.
    New chandra didn't see Standard play the first two weeks from releas. It'd be hilarious if it end as a 10$ junk mithic again

10$ bought duals once. I remember bitching because they costed 3$

Feb 2012
    Tienen

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    You don't understand shit if you are comparing it to Show and Tell, it costs 1. Compare it to Aether Vial. That's like saying why play Merfolk when you can Show and Tell Emrakul.
    Have you bothered to read the textbox of the card? It costs 3 generic to activate. It can be put in play in the first turn, but it costs as much as a S&T to activate, and if you want to cast and use it in the same turn, it's even more expensive.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Have you bothered to read the textbox of the card? It costs 3 generic to activate. It can be put in play in the first turn, but it costs as much as a S&T to activate, and if you want to cast and use it in the same turn, it's even more expensive.
    What he mean it's that a much, much harder to answer it since you play it on T1 and can generate mana advantage all game long like a vial. It's more comparable to a vial than a SnT, unless they print some truely broken 10 mana minotaurs. But if the most they print are 5-6 cmc ones, Digeridoo act like a pseudo-vial that need mana but is faster for larger creatures.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

New chandra didn't see Standard play the first two weeks from releas. It'd be hilarious if it end as a 10$ junk mithic again
    It would be so satisfying to see her fail, especially after Maro acting so smug about her being so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Digeridoo is just one-sided, which is a big plus. But seriously, they would need to print a bunch of broken Minotaurs to make it remotely useful. S&T is still going to be better.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Digeridoo is just one-sided, which is a big plus. But seriously, they would need to print a bunch of broken Minotaurs to make it remotely useful. S&T is still going to be better.
    Except that it really really shouldn't be compared to and used like S&T, because it really really is Minotaurus Vial. /didgeridoo

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

You play didgeridoo, turn two cast standstill. Turn 3 vial in a minotaur. Profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Feb 2012
    Tienen

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post

Minokul, the Grisletaur

discards fourteen cards.

Can be pitched to Force of Willl, so I guess it'd be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post

Minokul, the Grisletaur

discards fourteen cards.

I like it, but it dies to Go For The Throat. Needs moar indestructible or protection from ~.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by ahg113 View Post
    I like it, but it dies to Go For The Throat. Needs moar indestructible or protection from ~.
    Hexproof?

Flying + Islandwalk is a BIT redundant ;)
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    You play didgeridoo, turn two cast standstill. Turn 3 vial in a minotaur. Profit.
    Great so its a vial that that you have to pay for and is extremly limited in scope.

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    You don't understand shit if you are comparing it to Show and Tell, it costs 1. Compare it to Aether Vial. That's like saying why play Merfolk when you can Show and Tell Emrakul.
    its like a mix of both cards really. Here's why. Its like aether vial because it cost 1 and is an artifact. its like Show and tell because it cost 3 to activate... COINCIDENTALLY show and tell has a CMC of 3, imagine that? Additionally if you are playing a horde of minotaurs that curve out very low like merfolk aethervial is better cause you dont have to pay to activate it. If you are playing a bunch of minotuars that are very high CMC and expecting to cheat them into play, Show and tell is better casue it doesnt get pithing needled, or gripped. If you are planning to activate it the turn you cast it you are now looking at comparing it to Sneak attack, except it doesnt give the creature haste and you dont sacrifice it.

There are going to have to be some godly minotuars for this to be used over all of the other options.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Hexproof?

With flying you may block Hypnotic Specter and with islandwalk you have no fear that the opponent gang-blocks your Minokul with double Jokulmorder. Worldspine Wurm, however, still remains a bit troublesome...

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Hexproof?

True, then I guess indestructible to save from Wrath.

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by ahg113 View Post
    True, then I guess indestructible to save from Wrath.
    Better to give him:
    "0: exile <this> and return it to the Battlefield at the begin of the next end of turn."
    This way it's also terminus proof ;)

Quote Originally Posted by kingtk3 View Post
    Better to give him:
    "0: exile <this> and return it to the Battlefield at the begin of the next end of turn."
    This way it's also terminus proof ;)
    Would also save him from Diabolic Edict sac effects as well. Better suggestion is good.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    Great so its a vial that that you have to pay for and is extremly limited in scope.

its like a mix of both cards really. Here's why. Its like aether vial because it cost 1 and is an artifact. its like Show and tell because it cost 3 to activate... COINCIDENTALLY show and tell has a CMC of 3, imagine that? Additionally if you are playing a horde of minotaurs that curve out very low like merfolk aethervial is better cause you dont have to pay to activate it. If you are playing a bunch of minotuars that are very high CMC and expecting to cheat them into play, Show and tell is better casue it doesnt get pithing needled, or gripped. If you are planning to activate it the turn you cast it you are now looking at comparing it to Sneak attack, except it doesnt give the creature haste and you dont sacrifice it.

There are going to have to be some godly minotuars for this to be used over all of the other options.
    Thefact the you can cheat them into play at instant speed, and they stick around permanently makes it much more like vial. And you obviously are only going to play it if you are running high cost dudes to cheat in. Think of it as an aether vial that doesn't need you to run a curve. Also getting dudes under a standstill is awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Thread Information