Thread: RiP MB?

Site Contributor
    Jan 2013

RiP MB?

Does anyone just MB Rest in Peace/graveyard hate in general?

I think it's relevant in some form vs. the majority of decks - enough to warrant it. The same can be said about creature removal, and most decks MB that...

Just wondering if anyone does/if they like it or not. (Obviously meta dependant)

Re: RiP MB?

Yes.

It's called Miracle control with RiP and Helm

http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=4560&d=226422

I've got it MD in my enchantress deck. (I don't run Replenish.) I'm also using Energy Field and have a single Helm MD; I like that it's an engine card that doesn't need enchantresses on field in order to work (unlike Solitary Confinement), and I like that it punishes certain matchups that can be rough (Reanimator, chiefly, but splash effects on Deathblade, RUG and the handful of decks still running Scavenging Ooze / Knight of the Reliquary).

Of course, I'm not playing all that competitively at the moment, so keep in mind that my experiences are pretty low-grade in terms of advice.
    The proper plural must be "hall of fames." You wouldn't say Halls & Oate, now, would you?

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Yes it's good. See most Miracles lists in the past 3-6 Months.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2013

I meant as a standalone, not part of Helm. And so far, I've found it to be very good.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Stasis often runs one and I run a single one main in Painter.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Mar 2007
    RI

It's been explored a bit in Death and Taxes as a 1-2 of MB, basically just preboarding against Deathrite/Nimble+Goyf.dec and RoF/Cabal Rit+PiF.dec. I think it's pretty good, not sure that it's more practical than Jotun Grunt in an open meta though.
    TPDMC

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Teluin View Post
    I meant as a standalone, not part of Helm. And so far, I've found it to be very good.
    I would be running RiPs without the Helm. I run the Helm because it's really good with RiP.

We covered this at length in one of the podcast episodes. In short, so many decks rely upon or are heavily changed by the graveyard. Every RUG creature except Delver, Knight of the Reliquary, Deathrite Shaman, Snapcaster Mage... the amount of stuff you hose with it is huge and is well represented in the format.

If a deck isn't particularly graveyard based, I'll side out all but one so that I can still go with helm combo if necessary. If the matchup warrants brining in enough sideboard cards, I'll take out the last RiP and Helm, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Thread Information