Thread: [SCD] intuition

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

[SCD] intuition

intuition

Other than being an instant speed tutor for 3 mana what are some intuition targets that have synergy regardless what your opponent chooses?

Example

Life from the loam
    Dark depths
    Thespian's Stage

Or 2 lands of choice?
    Last edited by Jander78; 08-01-2013 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Corrected card spelling...
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Re: [SCD] intuition

Controllish Intuition piles include:

Life from the Loam
    Punishing Fire
    Grove of the Burnwillows

Life from the Loam
    Academy Ruins
    Engineered Explosives (or any artficact which can be sacrificed, although this is the most common. Post board Tormod's Crypt might also be relevant. )

Life from the Loam
    Volrath's Stronghold
    Shriekmaw/Eternal Witness/Snapcaster/Any creature

Some old builds of It's the Fear ran Genesis instead of Stronghold due to the fact that Genesis provides card advantage, at the cost of tapping mana during your upkeep.

Gigapede
    Unburial Rites
    Iona/Elesh/Griselbrand/Relevant Fatty

Life from the Loam
    Raven's Crime
    Worm Harvest

Life from the Loam
    Lands that do stuff (Wasteland, Maze of Ith, Cycle lands, Rishadan Port, Tabernacle, etc)

Triple Lingering Souls

Insant/Sorcery fodder for Snapcaster Mage

Snapcaster
    Noxious Revival
    CARD

To find any 1-off.

It can also be used as a Demonic Tutor for something that's in your deck as a 3-off. In the times of Intuition Countertop, Intuition grab Counterbalance lock you out was not uncommon
    Last edited by The Treefolk Master; 07-31-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    It's also scientifically proven that resolving Nicol Bolas during a competitive legacy event causes the caster's penis to grow a good two or three inches.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    But winning out of nowhere takes away the fun of grinding out your opponents with Manlands. Nothing is more satisfying than a game of Magic where you throw away half the fun, and claim the other half for yourself and leave your opponent with zero fun.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Pile - guaranteed to get Island
    Misty Rainforest
    Scalding Tarn
    Flooded Strand

Pile - guaranteed to get Iona into play
    Gigapede
    Iona, Shield of Emeria
    Unburial Rites

Pile - guaranteed to frustrate your opponent
    Life from the Loam
    Academy Ruins
    Engineered Explosives

Pile - guaranteed to get AJ Sacher to cream his pantaloons
    Snapcaster Mage
    Unearth
    Baleful Strix/Stoneforge Mystic/Vendilion Clique
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Mar 2007
    RI

The old classic:

1) Accumulated Knowledge
    2) Accumulated Knowledge
    3) Accumulated Knowledge

Obviously executed with the 4th Accumulated Knowledge in hand (bonus points if Helm of Awakening/Sapphire Medallion is in play).

Koby mentioned some of my favourites already, but here's another that can be really useful:

Eternal Witness
    Eternal Witness
    Unearth

You could just grab a single Witness and something else, but I love the double-Witness because it allows you to get both Witnesses into play (or to keep one in your hand) in addition to getting back another card from your graveyard (often just Unearthing another, more efficient beater).
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

@Goas: do you mind to fix the link in your signature, I can't download/read the updated primer. I remember you wrote a nice extensive primer (almost a book lol) on BUG River rock, I'd like to have a look at it again.

Anyways, I had fun raping opponents with this when I was playing Aluren 2-3 years ago:

Cabal Therapy
    Cabal Therapy
    Cabal Therapy

GG.
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

Quote Originally Posted by kiblast View Post
    @Goas: do you mind to fix the link in your signature, I can't download/read the updated primer. I remember you wrote a nice extensive primer (almost a book lol) on BUG River rock, I'd like to have a look at it again.

Anyways, I had fun raping opponents with this when I was playing Aluren 2-3 years ago:

Cabal Therapy
    Cabal Therapy
    Cabal Therapy

GG.
    Here's the link from the River Rock Thread: http://freepdfhosting.com/612dd90a55.pdf
    It's also scientifically proven that resolving Nicol Bolas during a competitive legacy event causes the caster's penis to grow a good two or three inches.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    But winning out of nowhere takes away the fun of grinding out your opponents with Manlands. Nothing is more satisfying than a game of Magic where you throw away half the fun, and claim the other half for yourself and leave your opponent with zero fun.

Quote Originally Posted by kiblast View Post

Yar. I meant to a few days ago when I realized I allowed the PDF to time out, but I couldn't remember how to edit my signature in the Profile tab (do you?).

I did fix it in the thread, though: it's the link The Treefolk Master posted. I really need to update the primer to reflect the current state of things. I will, but I'm not sure when; it's on my (large!) to-do list. At least I updated things a bit in the thread.
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

great ideas guys

Im noticing a trend of

flashback cards
    and recursive spells

one i just found out was 3x demigod of revenge... GL control decks.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Lol. Good luck casting your 5 R/B dude plus intuition, but damn if that isnt a hot pile
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

EOT Intuition, untap, Seething Song/Double Dark Ritual into Demigod; or Intuition end of opponent's turn after your 4th Land Drop for protection against Daze, then untap, draw and drop a land, Demigod it up. It's not impossible, but not as strong as tons of other 3-card piles you could pick instead of 3 Demigod.

-ABC

Past in Flames
    Cabal Ritual
    Infernal Tutor?

I feel that this should be a thing. Too bad that 3 mana is kinda high for storm decks that want to go off turn 2/3/4.

Thread Information