I too am having this issue. ;_____;

EDIT: currently on a proxy
    WESTCOAST
    DREDGE Playlist

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Re: 403 Forbidden while accessing The Source

I've been seeing this at the office but not at home for a few days. Since it mentions the error page also being forbidden it sounds like theres something wrong config-wise, either in the filesystem ACLs or in Apache

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    I've been seeing this at the office but not at home for a few days. Since it mentions the error page also being forbidden it sounds like theres something wrong config-wise, either in the filesystem ACLs or in Apache
    This occurs on my phone and home computer (both Canadian IPs), but not at work (US IP). Is there any computer/connection specific information users can supply that would be helpful at this point?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I've been in Jersey for the past week, but my roommate said the source isn't working at our apartment... sad day
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Jul 2007
    The Frozen North

Hey all,

Yeah, I saw this thread a few days ago at home and didn't give it much thought...

... until I went to work last night and had it happen to me too.

Take it easy,
    Jared (from home, not work)
    "You consider me the young apprentice,
    Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes,
    Hypnotized by you if I should linger,
    Staring at the ring around your finger" - Sting

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

Any word on a potential solution for this issue? :(

Chiming in to state I also currently have the same problem. Posting this from my phone via 4G. Hope this issue gets resolved soon.

Yup, having problems,

Good at work, bad at home. At home on work laptop, through work network via my wireless signal, it does work.

Emptying the Warrens

Nov 2012

Theory:

Everyone, what wireless router are you using?

My home uses airports (apple), and the IP is Comcast.

Using a proxy. But it keeps redirecting me to the iggy pop thread.
    Emptying the Warrens: So YOU don't have to!

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

bad at work good at home
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

I was able to access on Monday from work, but not yesterday or today. I bet there is an issue with a routing table somewhere near the server.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by monovfox View Post
    Theory:

Everyone, what wireless router are you using?

My home uses airports (apple), and the IP is Comcast.

Using a proxy. But it keeps redirecting me to the iggy pop thread.
    403 errors are on the host. This is an error in a configuration of the Apache server the site is hosted on.

My best guess is that the host changed some Apache settings and this the result of misconfigured Mod Security.

It seems that no one is able or willing to speak to the site's hosting.company, or the hosting company is completely unable to figure out what went wrong (which would be kind of ridiculous, since they can see the site's logs and those should make the problem pretty evident). I guess that is easy for me to say, since I don't know anything about Apache or site hosting, but it should still be solvable.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Admins can't deal with site hosting directly unfortunately, but I've explained the situation to Zilla so he can check what's up / contact the hosting company.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

I've contacted the site's host about the issue. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. I'll keep you all posted as soon as I get more information. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience in the interim.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    I've contacted the site's host about the issue. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. I'll keep you all posted as soon as I get more information. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience in the interim.
    Thanks for the update

I'm also having this issue when trying to access The Source at home. I just wanted to add that I can get in using a proxy and/or hiding my IP.
    It's also scientifically proven that resolving Nicol Bolas during a competitive legacy event causes the caster's penis to grow a good two or three inches.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    But winning out of nowhere takes away the fun of grinding out your opponents with Manlands. Nothing is more satisfying than a game of Magic where you throw away half the fun, and claim the other half for yourself and leave your opponent with zero fun.

Quote Originally Posted by The Treefolk Master View Post
    I'm also having this issue when trying to access The Source at home. I just wanted to add that I can get in using a proxy and/or hiding my IP.
    I don't even know what that means. Will you teach me?

I have same 403 Forbidden issue and also thought I was the only one because when I was using the proxy, I could see people still posting ! I spent my last days on Salvation instead lol hahaha Now I know why it is called Salvation...

Quote Originally Posted by ahg113 View Post
    I don't even know what that means. Will you teach me?
    You need to compile the Matrix, Neo.

Its really easy, I'm in no way computer apt, I got most of my tech "tricks" from google.

To use a proxy just google "Proxy Navigation" and click on one of the links, for example: http://proxynavigation.com/

Type the URL of whatever site you'd like to go to in the text box and hit Visit, which will take you to the site. Its commonly used for visiting sites which have been banned in your network (unless the network admin has also banned proxy usage). Now it has a much more noble purpose.

To hide your IP you need some special software. The most widely used program is Hotspot Shield, which hides your IP for free (with ads, there's a paid version with no ads and extra features). If you lived outside the US you could use this program to access Youtube videos on available in the US. Here's a tutorial on how to use it, its as simple as clicking a button:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ4MRB5rYyg

Please note that, depending on the speed of your internet conenction, you might experience some/none/extreme navigation speed loss.
    It's also scientifically proven that resolving Nicol Bolas during a competitive legacy event causes the caster's penis to grow a good two or three inches.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    But winning out of nowhere takes away the fun of grinding out your opponents with Manlands. Nothing is more satisfying than a game of Magic where you throw away half the fun, and claim the other half for yourself and leave your opponent with zero fun.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    :D

Thanks Zilla!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Thread Information