Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gw - LandHoes a.k.a BeastCrakers 2.0

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Re: Gw - LandHoes a.k.a BeastCrakers 2.0

I just set the testing aside, becasue MWS sucks. You know, I play Thresh and I get my two-lands opening hand every time, while with this deck I always open with one Wasteland. Bah...

On the quwestions, tips and tricks:

First of all, I don't think that Titan's attack triggers are bad per se. Yes, you can't use the mana, but then again, these triggers are powerful enough on their own - they ramp you, they clear the library, they make 4/4s. I wouldn't cut the Titans completely.

On the RUG mu: when you're ramping and ramping, while they Forked Bolty your Cobra, Daze your important critter, fly over the beasts with double Delver and then Bolt you the turn before you win with superior number of 6/6 Schwarzeneggers, it's not that funny as one would may think.
    Thragtusk. Bringing life to your points since M2013. Order now and save your money.

Terravore does nothing. One factor I like about the deck is that it completely laughs at RiP and similar cards.

On sequencing: this deck is all about interaction. That and about ramping and triggers. I'm nto sur if if might be reasonably goldfished.

I think I'll try replacing the beasts with thragtusks and see how that works.

What do you think about the treetop villages?

About goldfishing, I'm trying to get a feel for the deck, and often I sac all my lands with kotr or something.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by pfiremc13 View Post
    I think I'll try replacing the beasts with thragtusks and see how that works.

What do you think about the treetop villages?

About goldfishing, I'm trying to get a feel for the deck, and often I sac all my lands with kotr or something.
    Treetop might be fine, in fact it looks a bit better than four-of Waste. Maybe the best approach is to buils a KotR/Titan toolbox made of one of each Wasteland, Karakas, some manland (Nantuko monastery is bigger, yet it needs threshold and doesn't tap for colored mana) and maybe Maze of Ith?

Yeah, true

I was thinking of keeping in the 4-of waste, but it really isn't necessary

I don't think it's worth it to run monastery. The threshold especially I don't like.

Treetop village should be a 2-of so you can fetch both with prime time.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    and maybe Maze of Ith?
    There is a fun interaction with Maze of Ith and Knight of the Reliquary in which during the damage phase after damage you can untap you knight to get a land (including fetch) to get in 1-2 more landfalls and more knight growth. That is when it's not holding back annoying fliers or whatever.

Additionally, if you know a use for the mana there is an infinite mana combo with an attacking Argothian Elder, Maze of Ith & any other lands.

Could that be our finishing move?

Hahahahaha

Maybe, just maybe, as a gsz target... :P

And with soul of the harvest....

When would you need that though?

Veteran Explorer + Lotus Cobra can generate 4 mana on the turn you suicide the Explorer. VE is a terrible top deck and forces basics, but I totally want to find a way to use it. Is there a way to use Mulch and get value out of it?

You would have to run black for cabal therapy.

I suspect you would be looking at a completely different deck. You can try, though

Looks sweet! any update list? Thanks.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

I have this deck built online, and thus have tried many-many versions. What are the qualities of the deck that you like? When I have time I will post the lists that emphasize those qualities.

I guess the most consistent one :). But i'd love to see the different variations though.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

I need to force myself and do something with my GW base. I'm considering to build some variation of this theme, the only thing that makes me feel unsafe are the "Flip Delver, Bolt Cobra" games where I lose before stabilizing.
    I'm still uncertain on how to approach the deck, I'm on the verge of turning this into an Inverted Bell Curve (dot) Deck with a heavy emphasis on turn1-2 ramp, then de facto skipping the 3-5 cmc slots and go straight into the realms of Thragtusk, Prime Titan, Ramp. Baloth, Sylvan Primordial and Sundering Titan. IDK. Seems a bit too silly.

Thread Information