Page 51 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1947

Thread: [Deck] bUrg Tempo

Oct 2012
    Germany

Re: [Deck] bUrg Tempo

I got bored yesterday and didnt want to play Miracles or Esper Blade so i just threw together a new burg list:

2 Nimble Mongoose
    3 Tarmogoyf
    3 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Delver of Secrets
    1 Green Sun's Zenith

4 Stifle
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Lightning Bolt
    1 Dismember
    1 Abrupt Decay
    2 Spell Pierce

4 Wasteland
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Taiga

SB: 2 Ancient Grudge
    SB: 2 Golgari Charm
    SB: 2 Flusterstorm
    SB: 2 Pyroblast
    SB: 2 Envelop
    SB: 2 Submerge
    SB: 1 Counterspell
    SB: 1 Pithing Needle
    SB: 1 Abrupt Decay

It workerd really well in the matches and Green Sun's Zenith was awesome every time i drew it. Nimble Mongoose is still the best card in the deck and Green Sun's Zenith allows you to play 3 copies without having goose when you dont want him( TNN, Goyf, Stalker etc.). But you also have the option to tutor up a Shaman which is helpful against Reanimator and other graveyard decks or you can just use it to fix your mana. The Sb was a minute choice and there sure is space for improvement but 2 grudes and 2 Golgari Charm are set for me.

I tested a bit the BUG matchup with YP configuration (with 2 forked bolt in place of f/i and Edric) and it seemed to me BURG is pretty far ahead.
    Mana denial + early burn works great as always, and Pyromancer is way better than Goyf in this matchup.
    They have lots of trouble trying to stabilyze the board.

I won 7 games out of 9 overall.

In my play testing the worst creature really seems to be Delver.
    It gets killed super fast even through counter backup and mostly gets pitched to FoW.

My question is: Can we do without him and play

4 DRS
    4 Nimble Mongoose
    4 YP

for our creature suite or do you think Delver is (still) an auto- inclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    In my play testing the worst creature really seems to be Delver.
    It gets killed super fast even through counter backup and mostly gets pitched to FoW.

My question is: Can we do without him and play

4 DRS
    4 Nimble Mongoose
    4 YP

for our creature suite or do you think Delver is (still) an auto- inclusion?
    Honestly I think Delver is a no-brainer inclusion in a tempo deck where half cards can make it flip.

Sam S
    Dec 2011
    Newmarket, ON

'Spy Kids' (What Eric Rill calls the YP deck)

Is a Grixis splash green deck for DRS. This is why there is 0 copies of abrupt decay, goose or goyf. It also let's you play around Submerge very easily, and all your threats are a different color and is attacking on a different axis than each other.

I played the deck again at a local side event @ a PTQ (SB -1 Misdirection, -1 Mizzium Skin, -1 Submerge, + 2 Spell Pierce, +1 Jitte)

Match 1 I drew god hands against dredge. 1-0
    Match 2 Vs Elves, Game 3 ended on turns with me and a drs equipped with a Jitte against an empty board. 1-0-1
    Match 3 vs bUrg w 4 Truename, game 3 goes to time with both of us with no creatures in play 1-0-2
    Match 4 I defeat the Mirror (TNN instead of edric). 2-0-2
    Match 5 vs UWR Delver. Game 1 I get blown out by stifle.... Game 2 I draw nothing. 2-1-2, I drop because I can't top 8 now.

I was likely playing too slow, as a result of my draws. I find the deck pretty complex, with so many lines available. I'm going to keep testing. I'm fascinated by the number of decisions available to this deck.

Sep 2011
    Honolulu, HI

http://decks.mtgoacademy.com/Deck/189919

RE: "Spy Kids" - I know that everyone loves the G splash, but what's wrong with this Grixis deck?

I guess it depends on if you want the option to flex between Reanimator and beat down or just focus on pure beat down.
    "Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference."

Re: [Deck] bUrg

Beatdown with just 4 young pyromancers?
    They are gonna die pretty quickly i guess

- Team RUG-STAR Berlin -

A king should never sit easy upon the Iron Throne
    Mar 2008
    Columbia, Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by sawatarix View Post
    Beatdown with just 4 young pyromancers?
    They are gonna die pretty quickly i guess

- Team RUG-STAR Berlin -
    Agreed. x/1 creature is going to die really quickly in this meta. I'm surprised he was successful. Mongoose is such an underrated house. No respect. No respect...
    Rest in peace, Grandpa Morphling.

Nemeses Slain:4

Sam S
    Dec 2011
    Newmarket, ON

I grow tired of these negative dismissive opinion from self proclaimed experts.

Why do you guys post? To stroke your own egos or to actually explore other people's ideas?

Sep 2011
    Honolulu, HI

Quote Originally Posted by Tormod View Post

Why do you guys post? To stroke your own egos or to actually explore other people's ideas?
    Who's being dismissive and self-proclaimed?
    "Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference."

Mar 2008
    Columbia, Missouri

I've simply had some pretty good success at the two SCG's I brought my list to, and having played Legacy for the past twelve years, I feel like I hold a good perspective on the format. I'm not saying that young pyromancer is a horrible decision, but it does force you to be more proactive than most tempo lists want to be. As well, being an x/1 in the land of Zealous Persecution and Golgari Charms seems risky. However, free Cabal Therapies are very powerful. Also, Eric Rill performed really well with it (obviously,) so that can discount some of my argument. I'm simply stating the parameters from which we are operating, and what I perceive to be the optimal manner from which to approach the deck's construction in the current metagame.

I played against Pe5e (who posted a list above)
    With storm and i lost several games,so his list is at least well suited against combo,that's for sure.

However i kinda dislike the creatures in the deck,2 nimble mongoose looks pretty poor.at least i would run 3 geese and 0 gsz.
    Gsz was initially ment to be the 5. goose because it's so good :-)

- Team RUG-STAR Berlin -

This is The Source, man - everyone is an expert. Because everyone is so good, nobody explores other people's ideas unless those people top 8 several times in 200+ player tournaments. Without consistent success in huge tournaments that might not even exist in your area, how can you even prove that your idea is worth testing?
    Re: Eldritch Moon and Emrakul

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    You're right that the set symbol is a pretty big giveaway though, and it's not like anyone was expecting anything else after the last block. It's like they brought out Neil Pert and Alex Lifeson, then announced a "mysterious special guest" would be joining them. Well of course it's fucking Geddy Lee.

Sam S
    Dec 2011
    Newmarket, ON

Looks like another Spy Kids list top 8'd SCG Legacy yesterday.

But since all the so called source experts here have made up their mind, theres nothing to talk about.

Oct 2012
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by sawatarix View Post
    I played against Pe5e (who posted a list above)
    With storm and i lost several games,so his list is at least well suited against combo,that's for sure.

However i kinda dislike the creatures in the deck,2 nimble mongoose looks pretty poor.at least i would run 3 geese and 0 gsz.
    Gsz was initially ment to be the 5. goose because it's so good :-)

- Team RUG-STAR Berlin -
    Slightly changed my list( -1 Fetch + Sylvan Library) above. The list still is a bust! If you really really want to play 4 Goose then cut the Library for it. But Zenith stays for me for sure. Having the option to choose between Goyf, Goose or Shaman is a fexibile option I dont want to miss. Another ascpect for me is that Zenith increases your creature count without having to play more creatures. If you zenith for a threat Zenith gets reshuffled so you still have the exact same number of threats left in your deck. It adds a shuffle effect for cantrips, flips delver and lets you play around Spell snare/Chalice of the Void/Counterbalance. Sure, Goose is amazing and i totally stand behind that, but for me 3 goose are enough since he is so hard to kill and we have 8 cantrips to find it. Goose #3 would be worse in some MUs too( for example Combo).

As for the SB: I still play the same as above but i think about cutting Counterspell for another Golgari Charm. That card is just so good! Besides Plague wind the Opponent, you can overextend into Supreme Verdict, Pernicious Deed or EE, dodge Abrupt Decay and killing every echantment this deck has problems with( Choke, Rest in Peace, Counterbalance, Sneak Attack, Blood Moon etc.).

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

The list was just soooooo bad lol
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Oct 2012
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    The list was just soooooo bad lol
    Its LSV. He can win with a potatoe.

Mar 2008
    Columbia, Missouri

Looks like another Spy Kids list top 8'd SCG Legacy yesterday.

But since all the so called source experts here have made up their mind, theres nothing to talk about.
    Man, I'm only stating why I don't believe it fits well within the parameters of the environment or the deck. I said that "it seems bad," not that "it is bad" or that "it's not worth testing." I'm open to being wrong, but I also think it's important to challenge beliefs with assessment and support from critical, logical assessments. If there is anybody who is dismissive, it appears to be you. You also seem to be looking to incite arguments and condescending, passive-aggressive remarks denoting anyone else's opinions. Instead of simply posting simple reports of every single time you go more than 1-x in a weekly four round tournament, why don't you contribute some valuable assessments of your card choices and these 4-color delver lists that have top 8'ed in the past two weeks? Why are certain things working in these lists or your lists, and why not? What is failing you? What is exceeding your expectations? What is beating your deck? It appears to have some merit, as there has been success, so maybe I should try it out. However, you appear to be the one who isn't open to opinions. I think we're simply trying to challenge the choices that have been made and open up a healthy discussion.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by pe5e View Post
    Its LSV. He can win with a potatoe.
    Tbh, his opponent in match 1 (the only one I watched) played like shit. Sorry.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Thread Information