Page 88 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 1947

Thread: [Deck] bUrg Tempo

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Re: [Deck] bUrg Tempo

@ MXG, Eldub & the Monster: You guys had a turney on Sunday if I remember correctly, how did you guys perform? Feedback would be great.

Greetings
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Sep 2015
    SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by Manipulato View Post
    @ MXG, Eldub & the Monster: You guys had a turney on Sunday if I remember correctly, how did you guys perform? Feedback would be great.

Greetings
    I actually played Mentor Miracles w/ 3 Daze, mostly to prove a point about Daze in Mentor Miracles allowing you to tap out to play your CB or Mentor and not have give the "opening" that plays like that traditionally create as miracles. I ended up going 4-2, losing to Soldier Stompy and Eldrazi, while beating Infect, Elves, and 2x DnT.

If I were going to Louisville, I would have played Delver in a heartbeat to get those byes.

With regard to my most recent delver list, I've played 5 MTGO leagues with the build, linked below. The first 4 went 4-1, then I got a 5-0, which brings the overall winrate to 84% with it. I wholeheartedly recommend it, maybe splitting 1 Grim Lavamancer and 1 Sudden Demise in that slot. Grim encourages Elves & DnT to overextend, and then Sudden Demise punishes that in a huge way. Also, it's worth noting you can resolve both of these cards through a Sanctum Prelate.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/527337#online
    MTGO: Maxtortion

Oct 2015
    SWFL

Greetings
    Unfortunately my morning got hijacked by my gf and I was unable to make the GPT in time. Still itching to play my latest 4C brew. The only thing I’m considering adjusting from my list above is 2x Stifle in lieu of Spell Pierce but I’m not sure when my next opportunity to play will be locally. I ordered 2x Leovold to test with, he may prove more universal than the Clique main but I need to test him.

MXG -- I take it you're still recommending a 3/3 Daze/Stifle split?

Sep 2015
    SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by eldub View Post
    MXG -- I take it you're still recommending a 3/3 Daze/Stifle split?
    I'm liking 3 Daze, and I'm liking 3 Stifle, but I don't really consider them a split. The 4 Bolt/2 Decay is definitely a split, under the category of "removal", but Stifle and Daze are occupying different roles in the deck.

I shaved from 4 Daze to 3 due to how much I disliked drawing multiples in this build due to how I wanted to quickly be able to get to 3 mana available, and then use Daze to protect that threat.

The 3 Stifle are more of a way to help support two angles: keeping your manabase intact against opposing wastelands, and as a way to use your early turns effectively to play the mana-denial game in tandem with your own wasteland in the turns before the 3 drops are online. If I were to not play Stifle, I would probably play a 20th land, a third Thoughtseize, and a third Abrupt Decay.

Oct 2015
    SWFL

Quote Originally Posted by MXG View Post
    I'm liking 3 Daze, and I'm liking 3 Stifle, but I don't really consider them a split. The 4 Bolt/2 Decay is definitely a split, under the category of "removal", but Stifle and Daze are occupying different roles in the deck.

I shaved from 4 Daze to 3 due to how much I disliked drawing multiples in this build due to how I wanted to quickly be able to get to 3 mana available, and then use Daze to protect that threat.

The 3 Stifle are more of a way to help support two angles: keeping your manabase intact against opposing wastelands, and as a way to use your early turns effectively to play the mana-denial game in tandem with your own wasteland in the turns before the 3 drops are online. If I were to not play Stifle, I would probably play a 20th land, a third Thoughtseize, and a third Abrupt Decay.
    Appreciate the quick response, makes sense to me. I may test with a similar configuration when I get an opportunity. Holding up Stifle in this build may work quite well considering we don't have any 2-drops to tap out for.

@MXG
    Why drop Snapcaster Mage in place of Baleful Strix? Here is what I see.

Strix Advantages:
    1. Strix is easier to cast for value at UB than SMwith a spell, since SM, which will often cost 3 colors and up to 4 mana (UR1 for SM/Bolt, UBG1 for SM/Decay).
    2. Strix is a better blocker.
    3. Strix is draw.
    4. With TNN (and possibly Leovold), 3+ mana is already tight.
    5. SM uses cards in the graveyard that could be used for Gurmag Angler or, in your build, Grim Lavamancer.

Strix Disadvantages:
    1. Doesn't give extra castings of cards (this is, of course, pretty huge.)
    2. No flash.
    3. 1/1, not 2/1.
    4. UB, no U1.

Also, any notes on the Eldrazi and Soldier Stompy matches?

Sep 2015
    SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by redtwister View Post
    @MXG
    Why drop Snapcaster Mage in place of Baleful Strix? Here is what I see.

Strix Advantages:
    1. Strix is easier to cast for value at UB than SMwith a spell, since SM, which will often cost 3 colors and up to 4 mana (UR1 for SM/Bolt, UBG1 for SM/Decay).
    2. Strix is a better blocker.
    3. Strix is draw.
    4. With TNN (and possibly Leovold), 3+ mana is already tight.
    5. SM uses cards in the graveyard that could be used for Gurmag Angler or, in your build, Grim Lavamancer.

Strix Disadvantages:
    1. Doesn't give extra castings of cards (this is, of course, pretty huge.)
    2. No flash.
    3. 1/1, not 2/1.
    4. UB, no U1.
    Good question. Your Strix advantages are exactly why I'm playing the bird. Basically, Snapcaster is a "payoff" card while Strix is way to help get you to the payoff cards. This deck's "payoff" cards, especially when you go True-Name and Leovold heavy, are so strong, that all you really need is to get there, which Baleful Strix helps facilitate.

With regard to Strix's disadvantages, I like to think of Strix's card draw as a way of both increasing your virtual spell density and land density. The land density is especially important because I really want this deck to have a virtual 20 lands, while only playing 19. Strix and Stifle both help with this. Of course, Snapcaster does this too by flashing back Ponders and Brainstorms, but only can do so once you have 3 mana already online.

On the casting cost of Strix, I think of the deck as base UB anyway, so this shouldn't be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by redtwister View Post
    Also, any notes on the Eldrazi and Soldier Stompy matches?
    Well, I was playing Mentor Miracles, not this deck, so keep that in mind :)

Against Soldier Stompy, I lost G1 to a Turn 1 Chalice, followed by a Suppression Field, followed by a Cavern'd Soldier Ringleader. Game 2 I Dazed a Turn 2 Chalice and Mentor ran away with the game. Monks > Soldiers. Game 3, I kept a hand that had 4 cantrips, 2 fetch lands, and an EE. My opponent led T1 Thalia into T2 Chalice, meaning I couldn't EE on 0. The game just kind of fell apart from there as I floundered until I died. I probably should have mulled that hand game 3, since it would have also lost to an early Suppression Field.

Eldrazi, honestly, I think I just got nut drawn. Game 1, on the play, my opponent went Eye Mimic Mimic Endless one for 2, and then I had to Force his turn 2 TKS, then died shortly after he resolved some fatty which I don't remember. Game 2, he had a slower draw, but it was all Caverned TKS and Reality Smashers. I just couldn't get anything going in time. I also drew all 4 Mentors, (kept 1 opening hand, then drew 3 more) which would have been great except it meant that my hand was entirely 3 mana 2/2s.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

If you have ever thought about trying Dark Confidant instead of Snapcaster Mage... don't. It was terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    If you have ever thought about trying Dark Confidant instead of Snapcaster Mage... don't. It was terrible.
    I played him as a 2off for a couple of month in my 4c Delver shell and he was great, cant confirm that. I know a other italian player who plays him as a 3off and he also really like him.
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

I played him as a 2off for a couple of month in my 4c Delver shell and he was great, cant confirm that. I know a other italian player who plays him as a 3off and he also really like him.
    I think is right time for bob, im italian player and se tester it, i make 5-0 with 4c and bob 10 december on mtgo

Decklist here: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/526110#online

Any question is welcome

that's me and my spanish friend loving bob, altrhough I've stopped playing the deck for a while, bob was great all around vs a lot of decks.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/530541#online

this is a list that poped out online recently, no red for bolt, but more black for disfigure and hymn, looks tasty

@ordal, I didn't know you were italian, do we may have known each other already maybe?

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by NegatorITA View Post
    that's me and my spanish friend loving bob, altrhough I've stopped playing the deck for a while, bob was great all around vs a lot of decks.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/530541#online

this is a list that poped out online recently, no red for bolt, but more black for disfigure and hymn, looks tasty

@ordal, I didn't know you were italian, do we may have known each other already maybe?
    What do you play now?
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

What do you play now?
    played a couple of time with Ben's list, it wasn't bad, and more skileld delver player are actually using it with good result all along, I alwasy meet it, and it seems to beat me all the time, jeez
    I'm playing Punishing Jund or 4c Midrange (Tomas Mar's list), was also testing a full grixis control build I found online.

Yesterday I lost to a similar list of Jarvis (I was asking for infos but he didn't spill the whole bean) it's basically the same I would say, with one leovold replacing probably a snappy (even if I understood he was running only one snapcaster)

I probably need a bit of more practice, all in all, because I've switched deck but I've lost both time to the deck I was playing myself before (on 4c delver lost to jund, on jund lost to 4c delver... xD)

EDIT

Every time I see stifle lists they triggers my attetions:
    ORDAL's list and this one
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/523858#online are juicy on the paper, but I wonder:
    Why not the 4 of of stifle? Is really one stifle per game enough?
    I can get that it's not useful vs eldrazi, but maybe that should be the only match up in which it's dead? or Am I wrong?
    Last edited by NegatorITA; 12-19-2016 at 10:45 AM.

played a couple of time with Ben's list, it wasn't bad, and more skileld delver player are actually using it with good result all along, I alwasy meet it, and it seems to beat me all the time, jeez
    I'm playing Punishing Jund or 4c Midrange (Tomas Mar's list), was also testing a full grixis control build I found online.

Yesterday I lost to a similar list of Jarvis (I was asking for infos but he didn't spill the whole bean) it's basically the same I would say, with one leovold replacing probably a snappy (even if I understood he was running only one snapcaster)

I probably need a bit of more practice, all in all, because I've switched deck but I've lost both time to the deck I was playing myself before (on 4c delver lost to jund, on jund lost to 4c delver... xD)

EDIT

Every time I see stifle lists they triggers my attetions:
    ORDAL's list and this one
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/523858#online are juicy on the paper, but I wonder:
    Why not the 4 of of stifle? Is really one stifle per game enough?
    I can get that it's not useful vs eldrazi, but maybe that should be the only match up in which it's dead? or Am I wrong?

Im player of Nebraska Magic team, usually i play painter........... me and my team we set for dark confident becasue is strong and take all remavol for make easy street to goyf, btw bob improve miracle matchup, mirror and we think deck need somthing to make card advantage and we dont like painful.
    For stifle i think in this deck there isnt so manu space, and i think isnt a real plan, but have two great reasons right now: save from other waste our mana base, and for miracle.......... i think delver for beat miracle main deck need avrupt and stifle.

Ps i dont know you, maybe your name help me, i havent played lady Nebraska legacy main event because i had to start for holiday, my friend won it with reanimator ub

Quote Originally Posted by ORDAL View Post
    Im player of Nebraska Magic team, usually i play painter........... me and my team we set for dark confident becasue is strong and take all remavol for make easy street to goyf, btw bob improve miracle matchup, mirror and we think deck need somthing to make card advantage and we dont like painful.
    For stifle i think in this deck there isnt so manu space, and i think isnt a real plan, but have two great reasons right now: save from other waste our mana base, and for miracle.......... i think delver for beat miracle main deck need avrupt and stifle.

Ps i dont know you, maybe your name help me, i havent played lady Nebraska legacy main event because i had to start for holiday, my friend won it with reanimator ub
    I'm giovanni colombi, I'm friend with Maggi, Lari, Palmetta, and others ;)

Yeah, when I played the deck, I always had the feeling it would lose gass after a while, so confidat suited perfectly the need for card draw :)
    mmm I see, so stifle is there mainly as defense, to save ourself from opposite treats rather than using it all out (but I guess, it can still be done?)
    For that reason I'd say in other delver people used to play up to 2 Vendilion as defense toward miracle, but I guess here we can't run many of them because of the unstable manabase ( I see you running one)
    What I didn't like about Goyf, is that usually it's too small, we don't have neither many sorcery, neither artifact creatures like strix or planeswalkers, was goyf alright for you?

I'm giovanni colombi, I'm friend with Maggi, Lari, Palmetta, and others ;)

Yeah, when I played the deck, I always had the feeling it would lose gass after a while, so confidat suited perfectly the need for card draw :)
    mmm I see, so stifle is there mainly as defense, to save ourself from opposite treats rather than using it all out (but I guess, it can still be done?)
    For that reason I'd say in other delver people used to play up to 2 Vendilion as defense toward miracle, but I guess here we can't run many of them because of the unstable manabase ( I see you running one)
    What I didn't like about Goyf, is that usually it's too small, we don't have neither many sorcery, neither artifact creatures like strix or planeswalkers, was goyf alright for you?
    Im fan of goyf, btw i hate pyromance and dont like gurmag but all of this choice are all pretty personal.
    Yeah vendilion is fantastic, i cut one goyf for her, maybe for second vendilion we hai to and more lands.

Im fan of goyf, btw i hate pyromance and dont like gurmag but all of this choice are all pretty personal.
    Yeah vendilion is fantastic, i cut one goyf for her, maybe for second vendilion we hai to and more lands.

Will give the deck another go

A question on the sideboard:

Skylasher?
    How is the match up vs D&T?
    Last time I switched deck from 4c delver to Jund it was because I got paired with : Maverik, Jund, Merfolks, and Elves...

Will give the deck another go

A question on the sideboard:

Skylasher?
    How is the match up vs D&T?
    Last time I switched deck from 4c delver to Jund it was because I got paired with : Maverik, Jund, Merfolks, and Elves...
    Ahahha skylasher was a fun test...........
    Taxes isnt bad matchup, we have a lot of removal main and post side, prelate dont do so much vs our picks, 3 dibolic edict are very strong. So dread of night sulfur elemental are insane, and we recicled vs miracle,
    My name is Michele bacci........... btw when i come back in italy ill male dome test ok mtgo

Ahahha skylasher was a fun test...........
    Taxes isnt bad matchup, we have a lot of removal main and post side, prelate dont do so much vs our picks, 3 dibolic edict are very strong. So dread of night sulfur elemental are insane, and we recicled vs miracle,
    My name is Michele bacci........... btw when i come back in italy ill male dome test ok mtgo

No yep, I can exclude we met last times, well skylasher was... anti delver? ahah I'm more concerned vs midrange... or lands :X altrhough this list has stifle to buy time vs lands

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

New article from Friedman about his current 4c Delver list incl. boarding guide.
    http://www.gatheringmagic.com/benfri...-color-delver/
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Thread Information