Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heart of the Storm #5 - Hero's Come Back!

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: Heart of the Storm #5 - Hero's Come Back!

Quote Originally Posted by davelin View Post
    A few more questions for you! Thanks!

Round 2 Game 1 –
    You mentioned thinking about Silencing-walking before Brainstorming towards the end. Any particular reason you decided not to go that route?

The moment I saw blue mana and cards in his hand I feared Force of Will and suddenly burning the second Gemstone Counter for Silence appeared a lose play if the following Brainstorm bricks (while eating the last counter). I choose to push to not give him more draws to find FoW while depleting my Mine

Round 4 Game 1 –
    I think typically the recommended route is to float a Blue mana post-DimRet to be able to cast any cantrips drawn. Any reason why you went Black instead?

I had doubts that I can generate enough mana to cast cantrips into a finisher so I rather gambled for drawing Infernal/Wish and/or a red IMS + DR/RoF/LED. In fact that black mana enabled me casting Infernal. In essence I wanted access to RB post Returns and by floating B this was able with 1 IMS drawn.

Finals Game 1 –
    Mid-game you casted Chrome Mox in order to cast a Wish. Were you not afraid of Stifle here? Would that be a terrible play for your opponent here given that you were not dropping any lands?

That was my intent. I wanted him to stifle the Mox, so I can take out the double FoW basically with a single Duress. As he was conservative with his Stifle, I had to use Wish into Therapy to get rid of the FoW's so the remaining Duress can still take out his Stifle. However he choose to counter the Wish (FoW pitch Stifle) at this point, and to my demise, was even able to draw another Stifle
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

One more! Round 4 game 1 - why did you imprint ponder on mox instead of using a land and keeping ponder for the next turn?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

One more! Round 4 game 1 - why did you imprint ponder on mox instead of using a land and keeping ponder for the next turn?
    Because I had Gemstone, Ritual, Petal, Wish, Chrome Mox and 2 Ponder available and if I imprint Ponder to Mox and find the nuts in my casted Ponder, I still have access to black AND red mana in that turn to combo via Ritual + Wish.

In case, that I had used the Gemstone to cast the Ponder, I would have had only Petal and Chrome Mox (blue via Ponder) left and would have been unable to cast Ritual + LED + Wish that turn. The result would have been, that he could have used his Ooze in hand to flashback the Therapy and stripping my Wish, resulting in me loosing the game (likely, unless I topdeck the next Tutor).

Keeping the second Ponder for the next turn doesn't make sense if he's flashbacking Therapy on Wish after you pass the turn.

You see, that the decision was more critical than appeared on first sight and made the difference between winning and loosing.

Edit: 576 views within a day! Love you guys
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I doubt, I deserve all that attention.

Shipping playmats is maybe a bit expensive. May I send you some signed german foils instead? :)
    Sir,

It would be a pleasure to play in GP Washington with some piece of Elves! signed by you.

Hahah!

That's be hilarious as well!
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

Because I had Gemstone, Ritual, Petal, Wish, Chrome Mox and 2 Ponder available and if I imprint Ponder to Mox and find the nuts in my casted Ponder, I still have access to black AND red mana in that turn to combo via Ritual + Wish.

In case, that I had used the Gemstone to cast the Ponder, I would have had only Petal and Chrome Mox (blue via Ponder) left and would have been unable to cast Ritual + LED + Wish that turn. The result would have been, that he could have used his Ooze in hand to flashback the Therapy and stripping my Wish, resulting in me loosing the game (likely, unless I topdeck the next Tutor).

Keeping the second Ponder for the next turn doesn't make sense if he's flashbacking Therapy on Wish after you pass the turn.

You see, that the decision was more critical than appeared on first sight and made the difference between winning and loosing.

Edit: 576 views within a day! Love you guys
    Hmm...I see where you are going but your outs on the Ponder was only a LED. A dark ritual would only give you access to black mana with only a Wish in hand. A Rite would only give you 3 total mana post-Wish. While holding back on the Ponder would mean a flashbacked Therapy stripping Wish, two ponders would give you more options to find your business.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Hmm...I see where you are going but your outs on the Ponder was only a LED. A dark ritual would only give you access to black mana with only a Wish in hand. A Rite would only give you 3 total mana post-Wish. While holding back on the Ponder would mean a flashbacked Therapy stripping Wish, two ponders would give you more options to find your business.
    There was still the option to reveal Tutors, Cantrips or EtW with that Ponder. 2 Ponders are ugly if the first one reveals solid options.

Anyways, I felt that durdling with cantrips might lose me the game here easily, but I get your idea :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kayradis View Post
    Sir,

It would be a pleasure to play in GP Washington with some piece of Elves! signed by you.

Hahah!

That's be hilarious as well!
    Your choice ;)

Join us at Facebook!

Hi, Lemnear! grats to your success with the deck, and thanks for your awesome report.

reading your detailed report is exciting.

TES is strong but sometimes hard to play flawlessly.

I have some success with ANT and DDFT but do pretty bad with TES.

I read all your HotS, they are very helpful. expecially in analysing the decision tree under certain situations.

now you made me want to play this deck again :)

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

You're welcome. :)

Hope the boarding-tech makes it way through the Legacy community. I demand a trademark ... lol
    I know this was a joke, but you're definitely not the first person to do that.

EDIT- Also, in Round 2 game one, you mentioned that you were weighing the options on either IT>IT>ETW chain, or just going with AdN. But you didn't have enough mana for the chain unless I am missing something? Or did you mean to wait a turn?
    Team Hammafist-We don't take kindly to those who don't take kindly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jander78 View Post
    You still have to appreciate a well timed "fuck yall niggas" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    WotC should either stop printing such good blue creatures or start printing more Hammerfist Giants
    "Got any trade boogas?"

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by HammafistRoob View Post
    Yeah, it was a joke. It just made sense to remind people about it.

@entreri_fans
    Thx, for your support.

Join us at Facebook!

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Congrats on the clean sweep!

How do you manage to keep such good notes? Do you write your hand down? I'm hesitant to do that since my opponent can read those notes too.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    Congrats on the clean sweep!

How do you manage to keep such good notes? Do you write your hand down? I'm hesitant to do that since my opponent can read those notes too.
    Thx alot. I dare to quote myself from this thread:

I'm often asked in this Forum about how to take that notes. I use stenography combined with the usual shortcuts for cards. Not many people can read stenography so I have not to fear I give out information. I cipher my starting grip notes like LR for "lange Ranken" aka ToA aka Tendrils of Agony. Most important is that we have no time limit and i can take notes during the turns of my opponents and mid-round due to the pretty non-interactive nature of the deck (during opponents turn).
    ;D

Join us at Facebook!

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

More than 1000 views in less than 3 days! Thx to all the readers!

Join us at Facebook!

excellent report... I want your prize support! how much was the entry?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Sloshthedark View Post
    excellent report... I want your prize support! how much was the entry?
    30€

Join us at Facebook!

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by HammafistRoob View Post

EDIT- Also, in Round 2 game one, you mentioned that you were weighing the options on either IT>IT>ETW chain, or just going with AdN. But you didn't have enough mana for the chain unless I am missing something? Or did you mean to wait a turn?
    Sorry for the delay, I missed your edit here.

I had Gemstone (1 counter left), Petal, LED, U.Sea and a Dark Ritual ... That's 8 mana and enough for Infernal -> Infernal -> MB EtW.

In the scenario with the Infernal -> Ad Nauseam I just let either the Petal or the Gemstone unused (can't remember which one), therefore the remark "without a mana floating" which may had confused you. I'm sorry

Join us at Facebook!

Thread Information