Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Donate Button + Source Playmat / T-Shirt Discussion

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Re: Donate Button

Please try the Paypal button now. I removed some API code from it and that seems to have fixed the problem, but confirmation would be good. Thanks.

Playing solidarity on MWS because I love to masturbate.
    Aug 2008
    Arkansas

Is there a way to pay via paypal without having to use a paypal account. Or do you have an alternate payment method, I no longer do paypal since they want too much info and I use pre-paid cards online.
    Join Team Short bus We have all the special People, We allow helmets at our tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Personally I ... find MWS to be as fun as running a cheese grater down my ballsack.

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Donate works now.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

EDIT: disregard, donate works now.

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    @kiblast: we've actually been discussing the creation of new playmats as an alternative means to raise funds for site maintenance. They don't require a huge initial investment. The real sticking point is that we can't sell anything with copyrighted artwork on it, which means we need to find original, relevant artwork to use for it. I did a quick mockup of a playmat using some old artwork I did that was loosely inspired by Necropotence, but it would probably be more appropriate for Vintage, given the subject matter. It can give you a rough idea of what one might look like, though, if you're curious: click.

Basically I need to find the time to create more Legacy relevant artwork, or we need to find some royalty-free artwork that fits that description.

Thanks for your answer. I'm definitely going to try to produce some legacy-esque art and send it to you. I'm no Leonardo da Vinci but I'm not a total art scrub. If I come up with something that satisfies me and could be good enough for a playmat I'll definitely send it. Just give me some time...
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

The only one he ever feared
    Oct 2009
    Sweden's Jerusalem

Thanks all for the support. To answer some questions/comments:

Purgatory: We haven't worked out the exact details yet, because we don't know precisely what the user response will be. But I can assure you that any money donated will be put towards site costs and nothing else. If we get an overwhelming response in the first few weeks or so, we'll likely take down the Donate button until those funds have been used, and then put the button back up again in several months once those funds have been depleted. I think that method would also have the added benefit of keeping members from becoming so used to the button that they forget it's there. If it's only up for a couple weeks out of every several months, I think people may be more likely to notice/respond to it. We'll work out an exact plan soon, but rest assured that any funds donated will be put towards running the site. Thanks for your input.
    Gotcha. Sort of like how Wikipedia does their fundraising drives once a year or so. Not that I expected anything else, I just wanted to be sure.
    Currently playing:

Canadian Threshold Primer!
    Team America

My blog about Legacy, limited, EDH and stuff!

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

There you go. It's working fine now.

Thanks for all the work on the site. If has helped me and entertained me for years now.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Site Contributor
    Mar 2013
    Poland

its working.
    I'm glad I could help somehow.
    Legacy:
    Thresh
    Blade
    Miracles
    ANT
    Shardless

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Donated - glad I could help.

@Zilla: I'll PM you tomorrow (well, actually later today :))

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

I donated a small amount, and will likely help out again in the future. Definitely worth what I've gotten from this site over the years.

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

Donated. This site rocks.

Man of the Bounce
    Apr 2011
    City of Angels

@kiblast: we've actually been discussing the creation of new playmats as an alternative means to raise funds for site maintenance. They don't require a huge initial investment. The real sticking point is that we can't sell anything with copyrighted artwork on it, which means we need to find original, relevant artwork to use for it. I did a quick mockup of a playmat using some old artwork I did that was loosely inspired by Necropotence, but it would probably be more appropriate for Vintage, given the subject matter. It can give you a rough idea of what one might look like, though, if you're curious: click.

Basically I need to find the time to create more Legacy relevant artwork, or we need to find some royalty-free artwork that fits that description.
    Does Fan Art count? I have this Piledriver piece I did a while back. Its nothing amazing, but I figure I'd share anyway. Link: http://theizzet.deviantart.com/art/G...Pt-2-147065072

Original Sketch: http://theizzet.deviantart.com/art/G...iver-146788647

If anything comes from your idea it may just give me some motivation to start sketching again. haha.
    WESTCOAST
    DREDGE Playlist

Feb 2007
    San Diego

Bizarros Team Member
    Apr 2007
    Brazil - Sao Paulo

Done it !
    # The Bizarro Super Powers Team - Casting Abyssal Persecutors FTW !

Big Fat Hard Kicks, Oh My God I Want That Shit!
    Apr 2011

Can we set up a subscription to do like 5 bucks a month?

Edit: Done, 5 bucks a month... Cheaper than the paper, or some coffee, and way more useful!

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013
    France

I made a small contribution too, thanks to all the mods for keeping that site awesome!

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

I'd be curious to know how much you collected in the past day! Seems like the whole forum is responding quite well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Purgatory View Post
    I like this, and I'll be sure to set up a paypal account and chip in a few bucks when I get my salary this month.

However, I'd like to know, say that me and 99 other Sourcers each chip in $5, which totals to $500 - will you remove the donation button for ten months and use the excess to keep the site running, or where does the surplus go?
    Someone had to pay the fees in past ten years. I'd say let that person keep the excess money, it's not like someone started a sophisticated internet scam back in 2003.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Technically we wouldn't really be "keeping" any excess money in the sense that it's being pocketed. Regardless of how much we receive in donations, money will always have to go back into the site to keep it running so it'll find it's way back here one way or another. This just ensures us that we can comfortably do that for a much longer time.

And I want to give a big thank you to everyone who has supported us thus far, and to everyone who plans to in the future. It makes a huge difference guys, we truly appreciate it.

Site Contributor

Sep 2013
    DFW

Donated - Thank you to all of the people who keep the site running.

Thread Information