Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Donate Button + Source Playmat / T-Shirt Discussion

Big Fat Hard Kicks, Oh My God I Want That Shit!
    Apr 2011

Re: Donate Button + Source Playmat / T-Shirt Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Hi, quick update:

We sent out our last shipment of GP playmats today. They should be arriving on Thursday. I'll send out tracking numbers to people whose orders shipped today.

As for the rest mats in the first run, they should be arriving tomorrow or the next day. Unfortunately, the fucking post office only sent us 20 of the 100 shipping boxes we asked for, so while we'll have the mats in a day or two, we won't be able to ship them until they send us more packaging, which should be early next week. Sorry for the delay. This is my first time shipping large volumes of stuff, so we're still learning the ropes. I appreciate everyone's patience.

For everyone that hasn't already done so, if you want a mat, post here and say how many you want. That will give me a solid idea of how many I should order in the second print run. I'm keeping a list of everyone who's posted here saying they want one (or more). Opportunity to order will be first post, first served, with priority for site contributors as a thank you for their support. If you want to contribute to the site, you can make donations via paypal to patrick.maeder2@gmail.com. If you do, be sure to include your Source username in the paypal notes so I can add you to the Contributors group.

Don't worry though, you'll get a playmat either way. :)
    If possible I would love to bump my order up to two! Grab one for a mate out here.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2010

Got my playmat in the mail today, looks absolutely incredible and I will certainly be using it in DC

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

Hi, quick update:

We sent out our last shipment of GP playmats today. They should be arriving on Thursday. I'll send out tracking numbers to people whose orders shipped today.

As for the rest mats in the first run, they should be arriving tomorrow or the next day. Unfortunately, the fucking post office only sent us 20 of the 100 shipping boxes we asked for, so while we'll have the mats in a day or two, we won't be able to ship them until they send us more packaging, which should be early next week. Sorry for the delay. This is my first time shipping large volumes of stuff, so we're still learning the ropes. I appreciate everyone's patience.

For everyone that hasn't already done so, if you want a mat, post here and say how many you want. That will give me a solid idea of how many I should order in the second print run. I'm keeping a list of everyone who's posted here saying they want one (or more). Opportunity to order will be first post, first served, with priority for site contributors as a thank you for their support. If you want to contribute to the site, you can make donations via paypal to patrick.maeder2@gmail.com. If you do, be sure to include your Source username in the paypal notes so I can add you to the Contributors group.

Don't worry though, you'll get a playmat either way. :)
    I didn't know non GP playmats had already been shipped out! I thought I had made it into the first wave. No worries. Can you put me down for 2 playmats for whenever the next print run happens?

I'd be interested in an single mat in the second wave.

Put me up for one in the second batch. Maybe this will encourage me to start becoming an active member of the community...

Oct 2013
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    I didn't know non GP playmats had already been shipped out! I thought I had made it into the first wave. No worries. Can you put me down for 2 playmats for whenever the next print run happens?
    I'd like to double-check if I'm in the first run or the second. My original request was made here on 11/6. Thanks!

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

I want to make sure everyone is absolutely clear, since there's some mixing of terminology going on. Let me just give a rundown:

The first printing batch contained 100 mats. Because there was a rush to get mats to people in time for the GP, the printer agreed to overnight 30 of those 100 to me so I could mail them to GP goers.

The remaining 70 mats have yet to arrive (they're coming in the next couple days). They are spoken for, but no one outside of GP attendees have received information on how to order one yet. For example, danyul, you're still on track to get your mats out of the first print run. In fact, all of the Site Contributors who have said they wanted mats will get theirs out of the first print run. A few non-members of the Site Contributors group are also on track to get their mats out of the first print run.

Those that don't get in on the first print run will be able to get them out of the second. I'll do my best to make sure the second order contains enough mats to get everyone else that wants one in the immediate future. It will probably take another month or so to get that order processed and shipped, but we should be able to get them before Christmas.

I feel bad that some people are getting them right away and others have to wait, but the first run was sort of a trial... I wanted to make sure that the mat quality was good, and that the print quality matched our expectations before investing too much money in a giant order. I'm pleased to say that the quality is outstanding. The mats look and feel really nice.

If it makes you guys feel any better, I'm waiting to take my mat until the second print run, so I'm definitely motivated to get it done quickly.

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by stage View Post
    I'd like to double-check if I'm in the first run or the second. My original request was made here on 11/6. Thanks!
    It's close, but I think you're going to make it in on the first batch. You're 10th in line for normal members, and there are about 52 going to Site Contributors. I believe we have 74 mats left in the first print run, so you should be under the wire on it.

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by Gobo17 View Post
    I would like to check my status too. My original request was 11/7. Is a list at the opening post possible?

Thanks for all the great work
    You're a Site Contributor, so you're in the first run.

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

You're a Site Contributor, so you're in the first run.
    I donated but haven't been contacted for my shipping info. Just an fyi :)
    What it takes to be a pimp:
    1. Knowing the right people.
    2. Have the money
    Not one or the other, but both.

The fastest way to become a millionare is to start with a billion dollars, then start collecting magic cards, eh? - dry cereal

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Not contacting people with that info until I have the rest of the first print run and the necessary boxes to ship them in my possession. Should be early next week.

Feb 2012
    Oslo

Hi Zilla

First of all, thanks for doing this. Amazing stuff.

I'm mostly a reader of this forum. It has great content and I really enjoy learning more than writing my self.

I have no idea if what line I'm waiting in, or when I would be able to buy the mat, but I'm ok waiting until the second print run. I really don't need it that fast since I'm not going to any major tournaments before christmas. I would love to get it early, but if it helps you out or makes you able to get yours first, I'm fine waiting.

From Norway, thanks to everyone making me better at magic by discussing and providing great content.

J

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Hi Zilla,
    Please write down my name for a mat from the next print run.
    You can PM me specs when you received the new load.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2013
    Paris

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Hi Zilla,
    Please write down my name for a mat from the next print run.
    You can PM me specs when you received the new load.
    Same please

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

I want to make sure everyone is absolutely clear, since there's some mixing of terminology going on. Let me just give a rundown:

The first printing batch contained 100 mats. Because there was a rush to get mats to people in time for the GP, the printer agreed to overnight 30 of those 100 to me so I could mail them to GP goers.

The remaining 70 mats have yet to arrive (they're coming in the next couple days). They are spoken for, but no one outside of GP attendees have received information on how to order one yet. For example, danyul, you're still on track to get your mats out of the first print run. In fact, all of the Site Contributors who have said they wanted mats will get theirs out of the first print run. A few non-members of the Site Contributors group are also on track to get their mats out of the first print run.

Those that don't get in on the first print run will be able to get them out of the second. I'll do my best to make sure the second order contains enough mats to get everyone else that wants one in the immediate future. It will probably take another month or so to get that order processed and shipped, but we should be able to get them before Christmas.

I feel bad that some people are getting them right away and others have to wait, but the first run was sort of a trial... I wanted to make sure that the mat quality was good, and that the print quality matched our expectations before investing too much money in a giant order. I'm pleased to say that the quality is outstanding. The mats look and feel really nice.

If it makes you guys feel any better, I'm waiting to take my mat until the second print run, so I'm definitely motivated to get it done quickly.
    Thanks for the clarification, Zilla! I was about to get the sads thinking I was going to be in the second print run batch too (sue me, I have little impulse control!).

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Since all indications are playmats being a success, what are the chances of shirts and the like happening? Please put my name on the waiting list for The Source sheer babydoll nighty please.

Apr 2011

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Since all indications are playmats being a success, what are the chances of shirts and the like happening? Please put my name on the waiting list for The Source sheer babydoll nighty please.
    I am working on getting some quotes for shirts as we speak. I might make a seperate thread so we don't get lost in the noise.

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

Thanks Zilla for the clarification! I went back and reread your post and indeed I was confused by them wordses. My badz. I am mucho excited to rock that playmat in the near future.

IRT shirts, are you thinking about cotton T-Shirts or come polyester collared golf type shirts? My lifestyle is currently in the 0-2 bracket as far as financial security is concerned so my wardrobe better supports T-Shirts with graphics on them, because I am an adult child. Some of our more successful members might prefer the collared style shirts.

Thoughts?

Apr 2011

Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    Thanks Zilla for the clarification! I went back and reread your post and indeed I was confused by them wordses. My badz. I am mucho excited to rock that playmat in the near future.

IRT shirts, are you thinking about cotton T-Shirts or come polyester collared golf type shirts? My lifestyle is currently in the 0-2 bracket as far as financial security is concerned so my wardrobe better supports T-Shirts with graphics on them, because I am an adult child. Some of our more successful members might prefer the collared style shirts.

Thoughts?
    Both are being considered, with quotes worked up. :-D

Edit:

Update from the preferred printer:

"We can generate a quote with a cheap 100% cotton t-shirt, gildan, a badger dri-fit s/s, Nike legend dri-fit s/s, and a Nike polo dri-fit. Quantity discount for printing will apply only if the same logo, same size, and same color scheme is used on all garments, as long as that is met, you’ll be able to mix and match garments."
    Last edited by Technics; 11-13-2013 at 01:28 PM.

RawR Bitch
    Sep 2007
    Norwich, CT

Good god the anticipation is killing me. I can't wait to show this off at SCG Providence! Making all the b's swoon.
    Co-Founder of Team Awesome - I heard Randy Buehler say a while back that good players give themselves the most number of turns to find the answer.
    The Source on MTGO - Predator8785 and RockOut
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Women come and go, turn one protection is forever.

Thread Information