Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Donate Button + Source Playmat / T-Shirt Discussion

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Re: Donate Button + Source Playmat / T-Shirt Discussion

Donate Button Update:

You may have noticed that the Donate Button is gone. In under 5 days, Source members have contributed a total of $642.95, an amount which will cover site costs for a little over a year. The staff thanks you for your generosity. The enthusiasm and strength of character engendered by this site's community is remarkable. You guys are awesome. Thank you.

If you wanted to donate but didn't get an opportunity to, you can still contribute by going to paypal and manually entering my email address, which is patrick.maeder2@gmail.com. Be sure to make a note that it's for The Source, and include your Source username if you want to be added to the Site Contributors usergroup.

Any further funds donated will simply push back the time when the Donation button will again rear its ugly head. As it stands, you won't be seeing it until October 2014.

Thanks again you guys!

EDIT: Those members who contributed have been added to the Site Contributors usergroup. Their names will appear in teal, and their default title is Site Contributor. If you don't want your title to be Site Contributor, you can override it with a custom title in your profile settings. If you don't want your name to appear in teal, just shoot me a PM and I'll change your default display usergroup back to Member.

I'm certain that a few donors were not added to the Site Contributors usergroup. This was not intentional - I simply don't have every donor's Source username. If I missed you, please send me a PM about it and we'll get you added to the group. Thanks.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: Donate Button

Quote Originally Posted by Kayradis View Post
    Alright.
    Screw merchandise.

Let's open a bar.
    /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

Re: Donate Button

Quote Originally Posted by Kayradis View Post
    Alright.
    Screw merchandise.

Let's open a titty bar.
    fixed

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

Quote Originally Posted by Occam View Post
    I've a spare mat sitting at my place -- bought it for a friend whom has always wanted to but has not picked it up yet. Didn't know it was in such demand. Btw, Swift is good, but I'd also recommend Candide by Voltaire -- a far better satirical work.

Will donate from time to time, thanks for keeping this site up and running.
    Just to let you know, I bought one of the Source mats for 150. Beyond that, people have offered 300 for others and got rejected.

However... I know the admins were wanting to get a hold of the one I obtained but I was too quick ;) I think the admins are wanting to use it as a prize for a site competition or something. I'd contact them and see if they're interested in purchasing it.
    What it takes to be a pimp:
    1. Knowing the right people.
    2. Have the money
    Not one or the other, but both.

The fastest way to become a millionare is to start with a billion dollars, then start collecting magic cards, eh? - dry cereal

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Speaking of playmats, Kayradis has a nice one with theSource logo on it. I'd be happy to buy official one like that if the admin team decides to produce them.

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

I'd be interested in Merchandise! Polos, mats, etc.
    What it takes to be a pimp:
    1. Knowing the right people.
    2. Have the money
    Not one or the other, but both.

The fastest way to become a millionare is to start with a billion dollars, then start collecting magic cards, eh? - dry cereal

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by mini1337s View Post
    Speaking of playmats, Kayradis has a nice one with theSource logo on it. I'd be happy to buy official one like that if the admin team decides to produce them.
    I'll post a picture as soon as I am home today. It's nothing fancy. Just The Source Logo with YOUR SOURCE FOR LEGACY and the website. It look pretty dope IMHO.

I'll send pics to Zilla/Di for their approval in regards to design. The whole thing was made by InkedPlaymat with a design from TheArchitech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

If some considers buying from Inked Playmats, feel free to use my referral link. It will give both of us a $5 discount which is really great. Had I known about this, I would have asked for a referral link myself before placing my order.
    Considering that most of their playmats are around $19, this is really cool.

/edit: it's only valid for 8 more days.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Site Contributor
    Jul 2013
    Austin, TX

Hey all, if anyone here would like some help with the design of a source playmat. I would love to throw my hand in to help with the design.

I'm a professional artist working in the game industry for about 10 years. Can view my work @

http://www.myelectronicdays.com/

or http://myelectronicdays.cghub.com/

I paint alot of custom playmats for people in my local area (austin,tx).. and have a great working relationship with Jeremy and Inked playmats as well.

If any mods want to PM me, I would love to help out such a great community.

Love this idea from earlier

"As far as a playmat, I would like to see an artist's rendering of some iconic legacy match-up in universe. I tend to get the most utilitarian mats and deckboxes, but I'd pay extra to see a playmat with a bunch of goblins charging down a phyrexian dreadnought, or emrakul annihilating several tarmogoyfs. "

Dave.

Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Myelectronicdays View Post
    Love this idea from earlier

"As far as a playmat, I would like to see an artist's rendering of some iconic legacy match-up in universe. I tend to get the most utilitarian mats and deckboxes, but I'd pay extra to see a playmat with a bunch of goblins charging down a phyrexian dreadnought, or emrakul annihilating several tarmogoyfs. "

Dave.
    Make it a black and white "Battle Royal" with all the iconic cards in the Legacy universe with lots of details. The concept would of course have to come from someone with a broad understanding for the Legacy metagame but it would REALLY be worth it. I'm thinking about ~30 different creatures/spells being represented with the "The Source" logo in the middle.

Like a big big fight happening around the logo stretching all over the playmat! Brainstorm whirling around a Fetchland and two other cards, a Natural Order killing a Dryad Arbor and summoning a Craterhoof Behemoth. I see a Goblin Lackey being stopped cold by a Deathrite Shaman that then casts a Stoneforge Mystic that is about to grab Umezawa's Jitte. I see Doomsday being cast off Dark Ritual right next to a spinning Sensei's Divining Top and a smashed in Counterbalance, destroyed by an Abrupt Decay right next to it. On the bottom we see a very tight pack of Lord of Atlantis, Master of the Pearl Trident, Coralhelm Commander and also Silvergill Adept which has just come off a Aether Vial while all of them are being held back by a Peacekeeper. On the right side, Show and Tell is being cast and puts Griselbrand into play while right next to it, Knight of the Reliquary has just entered the battlefield (with Karakas in the background). We see Infernal Tutor right next to two broken Lion's Eye Diamonds, all coming out of the mouth of the guy on Ad Nauseam with Tendrils of Agony in the background, reaching out to physically grab and abuse a Snapcaster Mage, Dark Confidant and other iconic Legacy creatures. Three tiny Tarmogoyf are facing off a gigantic Emrakul, the Aeons Torn but viewed from a cliff to provide good perspective and not make the Tarmogoyfs actually appear small on the playmat. At some point we see Force of Will burning down a Goblin Charbelcher with several Goblin Tokens (off Empty the Warrens) jumping out of the cannon on the Charbelcher and running towards a Tundra and being shutdown by a Terminus.. Oh boy...

And in the middle of all of this: "The Source - Your Source For Legacy - mtgthesource.com".

Of course, there's so much more to add to this but I hope I was able to convey how I imagine this to look like! Hell, I'd easily pay 50€+ for something like that!
    4. Stifle Standstill.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013
    France

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Make it a black and white "Battle Royal" with all the iconic cards in the Legacy universe with lots of details. The concept would of course have to come from someone with a broad understanding for the Legacy metagame but it would REALLY be worth it. I'm thinking about ~30 different creatures/spells being represented with the "The Source" logo in the middle.

Like a big big fight happening around the logo stretching all over the playmat! Brainstorm whirling around a Fetchland and two other cards, a Natural Order killing a Dryad Arbor and summoning a Craterhoof Behemoth. I see a Goblin Lackey being stopped cold by a Deathrite Shaman that then casts a Stoneforge Mystic that is about to grab Umezawa's Jitte. I see Doomsday being cast off Dark Ritual right next to a spinning Sensei's Divining Top and a smashed in Counterbalance, destroyed by an Abrupt Decay right next to it. On the bottom we see a very tight pack of Lord of Atlantis, Master of the Pearl Trident, Coralhelm Commander and also Silvergill Adept which has just come off a Aether Vial while all of them are being held back by a Peacekeeper. On the right side, Show and Tell is being cast and puts Griselbrand into play while right next to it, Knight of the Reliquary has just entered the battlefield (with Karakas in the background). We see Infernal Tutor right next to two broken Lion's Eye Diamonds, all coming out of the mouth of the guy on Ad Nauseam with Tendrils of Agony in the background, reaching out to physically grab and abuse a Snapcaster Mage, Dark Confidant and other iconic Legacy creatures. Three tiny Tarmogoyf are facing off a gigantic Emrakul, the Aeons Torn but viewed from a cliff to provide good perspective and not make the Tarmogoyfs actually appear small on the playmat. At some point we see Force of Will burning down a Goblin Charbelcher with several Goblin Tokens (off Empty the Warrens) jumping out of the cannon on the Charbelcher and running towards a Tundra and being shutdown by a Terminus.. Oh boy...

And in the middle of all of this: "The Source - Your Source For Legacy - mtgthesource.com".

Of course, there's so much more to add to this but I hope I was able to convey how I imagine this to look like! Hell, I'd easily pay 50€+ for something like that!

I totally agree with this, I think it would be pretty cool.
    Something like that for instance? http://www.gatheringmagic.com/mj-sco...994-magic-art/

Site Contributor
    Jul 2013
    Austin, TX

love it. I could definately mock something up.. might take a week or so (maybe longer, as I do alot of 40k work for Games Workshop as well, and they run up my after studio time). Definately a ton of characters.. but I think it would be worth the effort.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

This would be simply amazing.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Site Contributor

Jan 2010

I'd pay for something like this.

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

This is fucking awesome. We have a legit artist (your stuff looks amazing dude) and a legit art concept. This needs to happen. Take my monies.

Edit: black and white is pretty classy. I think if the finished product looks slightly sketchy (as in, an actual sketched drawing) I think that would look very nice and would save you time/effort on shading and coloring and stuff.

Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

It's also something to show to people who still believe Legacy was only Fast Combo vs. Force and ask them: [I]"Just look at it. Do you still feel that way?"
    4. Stifle Standstill.

Site Contributor
    Jul 2013
    Austin, TX

Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    This is fucking awesome. We have a legit artist (your stuff looks amazing dude) and a legit art concept. This needs to happen. Take my monies.

Edit: black and white is pretty classy. I think if the finished product looks slightly sketchy (as in, an actual sketched drawing) I think that would look very nice and would save you time/effort on shading and coloring and stuff.
    I've already started sketching it out. I can keep it black and white if thats what people want. Color could look slick also. I spend almost 11+ hours a day on my cintiq painting, so I don't mind either way.

man.. that original goyf art.. took me atleast 5 minutes to figure out where a face might even be.

Site Contributor

Jan 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Myelectronicdays View Post
    man.. that original goyf art.. took me atleast 5 minutes to figure out where a face might even be.
    It's a lot easier to see in the original, without the future sight frame around it:

Site Contributor
    Jul 2013
    Austin, TX

ty sir

Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

I would very much prefer a black and white style as I've always appreciated that style; I like my cards not blending too much with the colors on the playmat. On the other hand of course, white playmats are a pain in the ass to keep physically clean, I assume.
    4. Stifle Standstill.

Thread Information