Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the most expensive tournament legal card?

Apr 2014
    phillipines

Re: What's the most expensive tournament legal card?

i think when you got cards like that,i will sell it for sure...

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    OK, in light of what has been posted earlier, would the following deck (all carts in mint condition) be the most expensive 60 card legal vintage deck?

Alpha edition:

Black Lotus
    5 moxen
    Timewalk
    Time Vault
    Time Twister
    Ancestral Recall

Summer Magic:

Sol Ring
    Demonic Tutor
    4 Serendib Efreet (deck needs a win condition)
    the 40 duals

Worldwake:

4 foil Russian Jace, the Mind Sculptor (deck needs a secondary win condition)
    Deck doesn't need all 5 colors in equal quantity, but probably needs 4 Summer Hurricane to kill opposing Serendibs and Jaces in the mirror. Would also make it even more expensive.

Oct 2011
    Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    I've got no evidence this is the most expensive because there are no records of any being sold. With that being said it possesses the highest demand (being and island) and scarcity (2-3 in existence) of any card possibly printed, 2 factors in determining price. If it were ever to be sold it would probably fetch any asking price. OCCAM could probably direct you to a price on these if there was one. I think he is one of the 2 people who own one.

It might be worth mentioning that there are a couple non foil ones as well..(possibly 3)... Foil obviously being more rare / sought after.

There are other test prints / misprints that that can raise a pretty penny but there are no recent records of sales. my most favorite being City of traitors. Although with the recent ruling gaea's cradle might exceed others value. It however may not be tournament legal. There are foil survival of the fittests as well with original foil printings. They were rumored to be around 1k since there are so many that have been printed.

Does anyone know if there is a forest, matching the island?
    "Brainstorm and Fetchlands are interesting although I don't know if Brainstorms alone are worth it right now, because Stifle is a common card. " -Peddi 2015.

Apr 2014
    phillipines

you own the cards?very nice

Thread Information