Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [SCD] Waste Not

Re: [SCD] Waste Not

I'm actually interested to see how this card plays out.

I'm not of the belief that it's good, mind you – I'm just patiently waiting to see if someone can make this ostensibly casual card tick in Legacy. I don't think it's a stretch to say that these abilities are powerful, even if the underlying mechanic is bad. (I think it's fair to compare it to Lion's Eye Diamond. Not in terms of power level, but in the sense that the upsides are good enough to look for a place where its drawbacks are minimized.)

I do wish this card was a little cleaner, though. These choose-your-own-adventure cards aren't particularly interesting, for the most part – nearly all the decisions regarding them happen in deck construction, not in play. I also feel like they're the result of a design process parallel to the creeping complexity that brought us Balduvian Shaman and Remove Enchantment. Instead of designing for flavor, now we're designing to maximize "value."
    The proper plural must be "hall of fames." You wouldn't say Halls & Oate, now, would you?

Feb 2007
    San Diego

Re: [SCD] Waste Not

I don't want to build a pox decklist for myself. I am yet interested to see what a decklist would look like while trying to optimize WasteNot.

If only it was 1cc :(

Thread Information