Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic - the Cheatering

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Re: Magic - the Cheatering

People should be wary of everyone they play, not just for the fact that a few bad apples cheat, but also because people make play mistakes during long tournaments.

Some people make more than others. Sam Black isn't known for his play mistakes, certainly, so I don't see how that comparison is relevant. Knowing the names of people who make a lot of "play mistakes" seems prudent if you're going to attend a tournament that has a large prize pool.

We could discuss our opinions on whether or not penalties fit the crimes, but we all know how pointless that is. Making sure everyone is aware of who to be more wary against is all we really can do, unless any of us are high up in the WotC DCI employee chain.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Site Contributor
    Aug 2010

Played Alex in the last round of swiss, game two he wastelands me then tries to play an inkmoth and quickly pass before I notice

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    In other words: Alex was distracted by pulling off a Fetchland-tutor so his opponent could slip in an extra land? XD

It's hilarious that the biggest serial cheater in the games history seriously complains about an opponent potential having cheated him out of the tournament.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    In other words: Alex was distracted by pulling off a Fetchland-tutor so his opponent could slip in an extra land? XD

It's hilarious that the biggest serial cheater in the games history seriously complains about an opponent potential having cheated him out of the tournament.
    I thought Mike Long was considered to be the biggest serial cheater in the game's history.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    I thought Mike Long was considered to be the biggest serial cheater in the game's history.
    I thought he was just really good with the Jedi mind tricks.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    I guess up till today more stories were told about Mike than facts. It's impossible to differ fact from fiction over things that happend more than a decade ago and maybe 1-2 people witnessed in person. This is totally different from Alex, which you can google and instantly have 4+ videos at hand with him cheating ON CAMERA. The most famous story about mike was the Cadaverous-Bloom-in-his-lap while Alex has Two-Explores, draw-5-brainstorm, put-1-card-back-brainstorm and many more.

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    I thought he was just really good with the Jedi mind tricks.
    Well, he made opponents scoop without having a kill-condition left in his deck. That's why we, up this day, ask our opponents to show the Tendrils if he/she goes infinite ;D
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Well, he made opponents scoop without having a kill-condition left in his deck. That's why we, up this day, ask our opponents to show the Tendrils if he/she goes infinite ;D
    And why you should always wait for your Elves opponent to reveal the Dryad Arbor when they crack a fetch naming it. :(

Honestly don't feel the least bit of pity for Alex's opponent cheating against him. I don't like cheating at all but in this case...it made me laugh my ass off; that he complained about it publicly hoping for pity or something? That's the icing on the cake.
    Bread Connoisseur on MTGSalvation Forums
    Currently Playing:
    All flavors of storm combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Lands is a joke for Solidarity. Its like asking a morbidly obese parapalegic to run the mile with his shoes tied.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

The whole situation feels like the 1988 Olympic 100 meter field. Happy Ben Johnson got screwed over, but Carl Lewis was probably every bit as dirty and does not deserve to be celebrated.

Schadenfreude, schadenfreude everywhere.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

The irony is real
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I guess I don't understand why the OP is suggesting that the offender gets an auto-game loss for any infraction. That doesn't even make any sense. If the referee of a football game penalized the Atlanta Falcons for having 12 men on the field, then says "due to the defense's infraction, the Carolina Panthers WIN THE GAME", what would you think?
    If it was the 5th time this afternoon that the Falcons ****ed up in the same way, I'd be happy the charade was over.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Not Legacy-related, but one player "won" both the Standard Open and the Modern Premier IQ at SCG Worcester this weekend. Blatantly cheating: http://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/com..._scg_standard/

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

SCG is already at it and investigating the situation. They are holding back prizes until the situation has been resolved.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

As an armchair critic, it don't look good for Humphries.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Are Mike Long, Bertoncini, and this guy all from NY State?

As an aside of ancillary relation to this, I continue to be amazed at how lenient the entire MtG community is with cheating.

A Whore's Limit Break Uses Anal
    Jun 2006
    Carbondale, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    SCG is already at it and investigating the situation. They are holding back prizes until the situation has been resolved.
    And, if their investigation finds sufficient evidence of cheating, they will donate the money from his prizes to charity (as they did with Bertoncini). Say what you will about SCG, but that is a terrific thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    People arguing about which foil reprint is better is like a Mormon and a Scientologist having a history argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Don't you know that specifics are deadly poison to H. Machinus? They lack the enzymes to digest them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    What in the janky gay ninja hell is that 25th place deck?

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Hustle View Post
    So obvious
    When you're looking for it and you can watch it over and over, yeah. Steaming video is one of the better things that's ever happened to MTG.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information