Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
Results 421 to 430 of 430

Thread: Magic - the Cheatering

  1. #421

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    At a certain point you just have to acknowledge and remember that MTG is a game for losers, outsiders and people with other disorders (social or whatever) and that such an environment is naturally prone to deviant and insincere behaviour. This fact, next to the game's dependence on RNG is the reason why treating MTG too seriously or regarding it as legit "competition" is and has always been laughable if we were honest. I'm pretty sure that most of the so-called pros have some way or the other the shape the game's odds to their favor.

  2. #422
    WTP's Choice
    CabalTherapy's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2010
    Location

    Berlin, Germany
    Posts

    681

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    At a certain point you just have to acknowledge and remember that MTG is a game for losers, outsiders and people with other disorders (social or whatever) and that such an environment is naturally prone to deviant and insincere behaviour. [...]
    If that's a serious statement, then it's by far one of the most stupid things I have ever read on the source.
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

    Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

  3. #423

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    At a certain point you just have to acknowledge and remember that MTG is a game for losers, outsiders and people with other disorders (social or whatever) and that such an environment is naturally prone to deviant and insincere behaviour. This fact, next to the game's dependence on RNG is the reason why treating MTG too seriously or regarding it as legit "competition" is and has always been laughable if we were honest. I'm pretty sure that most of the so-called pros have some way or the other the shape the game's odds to their favor.
    A way to shape the odds of the game to your favour despite RNG? So you mean skill...

  4. #424

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    ok thanks, back to topic then.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/co...jq&sh=246f2acc

    alex got a warning for marked cards. considering his history its very likely not coincidence and that he is still not banned for life is kinda strange as well.

    also saito has some rumors going.
    The fact they'll ban people for life for spreading Internet drama or for non-Magic-related crimes committed about a decade ago but haven't done the same for serial cheaters like Alex Bertoncini (or Stephen Speck) is a complete joke.

  5. #425
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,536

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    The fact they'll ban people for life for spreading Internet drama or for non-Magic-related crimes committed about a decade ago but haven't done the same for serial cheaters like Alex Bertoncini (or Stephen Speck) is a complete joke.
    That I do agree with. I wonder how many times Alex needs a suspension before we stop doing this dance.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

  6. #426
    get outta here, humanity.
    iamajellydonut's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2009
    Location

    Butugychag
    Posts

    2,042

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    source is basically this guy, but also the comments are somewhat enlightning.

    [REDACTED]

    [REDACTED]
    So, this is my first post in over two years and I am only posting now to express my annoyance that I was tricked into watching a Jeremy Hambly video.

    He is most easily summed up as a less charismatic Alex Jones.

  7. #427

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    So, this is my first post in over two years and I am only posting now to express my annoyance that I was tricked into watching a Jeremy Hambly video.

    He is most easily summed up as a less charismatic Alex Jones.
    Dude, seriously, you start that up again after the thread split and lock? You should have stayed away.

    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...=1#post1053727

  8. #428
    plays Mountains
    Ace/Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2011
    Location

    Philadelphia Area
    Posts

    1,962

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Jelly's not wrong though... there should be a 'douche-canoe' warning.

  9. #429
    ..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Humphrey's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2008
    Location

    Germany
    Posts

    642

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    people shoud argue about WHAT people say, not who (or how)
    also i wasnt aware this guy is that "famous" considering his relatively low viewcount.
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

  10. #430
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,536

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    What you say is often second to WHY you say it. People with known agenda's who are the only voice in a conversation can be safely assumed to be pushing said agenda.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)