Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
Results 461 to 478 of 478

Thread: Magic - the Cheatering

  1. #461

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    Are people seriously debating the merits of Ned Leeds's arguments right now?
    Shhhh you're breaking Kayfabe

  2. #462
    Greatness awaits!
    Lemnear's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2010
    Location

    Berlin, Germany
    Posts

    6,971

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    Had me dying laughing. He somehow... not only forgot to side out Sower, but Tormod's Crypt as well. Against Reanimator.
    Yeah, such a coincidence to "forget siding out" your Reanimator-hate when playing against G1 against reanimator, then elaborate that your "preboarding" is thankfully hard to spot for your opponent as Sower isnt unreasonable as a 1- or 2-off in the main and then point out that the only problem for that blatant cheat was going overboard with the Crypt ... but of course that's only a problem if he draws it and his opponent sees it, so Alex had to call a judge on himself for a gameloss for "him being sloppy" instead of a DQ for blatant cheating.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

    Join us at Facebook!

    Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

    Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

  3. #463

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Yeah, such a coincidence to "forget siding out" your Reanimator-hate when playing against G1 against reanimator, then elaborate that your "preboarding" is thankfully hard to spot for your opponent as Sower isnt unreasonable as a 1- or 2-off in the main and then point out that the only problem for that blatant cheat was going overboard with the Crypt ... but of course that's only a problem if he draws it and his opponent sees it, so Alex had to call a judge on himself for a gameloss for "him being sloppy" instead of a DQ for blatant cheating.
    I thought about it some more and maybe we are being a little harsh. He could have played Reanimantor his last round of the tournament, where you would side in both Crypt and Sower. Something tells me he didn't play against Reanimator in the last round, though.

  4. #464
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,141

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    I had a very similar situation happen to me at an SCG. Playing Aggro Loam against Goblins, have 2 Knights out and had just devastating dreams for his board basically. I look with my Sylvan Library and see a Slaughter Games I had wished for against my tin fins opponent in the previous round. I'll admit I really really thought about just shuffling it away and not saying anything, but I called a judge, took my game loss, and ended up losing the match. Ended up X-2 and would've top 8'd if I hadn't have done that. It's just part of playing the game. My card literally wouldn't have mattered at all. His literally won him the game. Fuck him
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  5. #465
    Member

    Join Date

    Aug 2009
    Location

    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Posts

    1,451

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I had a very similar situation happen to me at an SCG. Playing Aggro Loam against Goblins, have 2 Knights out and had just devastating dreams for his board basically. I look with my Sylvan Library and see a Slaughter Games I had wished for against my tin fins opponent in the previous round. I'll admit I really really thought about just shuffling it away and not saying anything, but I called a judge, took my game loss, and ended up losing the match. Ended up X-2 and would've top 8'd if I hadn't have done that. It's just part of playing the game. My card literally wouldn't have mattered at all. His literally won him the game. Fuck him
    Integrity is worth more than a top8

    Good on ya

  6. #466
    Everybody's a jerk! You, me..........this jerk.
    Parcher's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2006
    Location

    DuPont Circle
    Posts

    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Look, I will suck your dick. I will suck your fucking dick. I will do it, just join my team. Iíll suck your dick. You can fuck me or get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something. Just point at something, Iíll fuck it for you. Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

  7. #467
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,141

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Crazy. Would be tough to catch too because I know as an opponent of Dredge many times, the specific lands in the GY are like the 3rd or 4th thing to worry about. Good chance opponent never even knew both his Stomping Grounds were in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  8. #468

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    They should give him a 1 year ban and then pay him to promote arena when he comes back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

    I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

    Good day.

  9. #469
    Greatness awaits!
    Lemnear's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2010
    Location

    Berlin, Germany
    Posts

    6,971

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    I was very amused about his explanation about what happened and why, especially as it's not the first time he was caught pulling off some shit. This time however it was just blatant. Looking forward to the official reaction.

    Lol @ CptHaddock
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

    Join us at Facebook!

    Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

    Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

  10. #470
    Everybody's a jerk! You, me..........this jerk.
    Parcher's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2006
    Location

    DuPont Circle
    Posts

    1,575
    Last edited by Parcher; 10-16-2018 at 09:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Look, I will suck your dick. I will suck your fucking dick. I will do it, just join my team. Iíll suck your dick. You can fuck me or get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something. Just point at something, Iíll fuck it for you. Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

  11. #471

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Crazy. Would be tough to catch too because I know as an opponent of Dredge many times, the specific lands in the GY are like the 3rd or 4th thing to worry about. Good chance opponent never even knew both his Stomping Grounds were in there
    What's worrisome is that if this is the kind of thing people are willing to do when on camera, you have to wonder what's going on when someone isn't on camera and cheats would be much harder to catch.

    They really should be putting suspected cheaters on camera as much as possible. Their attempts to avoid showing people like Bertoncini on camera just makes it harder to catch them (and in the case of Bertoncini, if they were ashamed to show him on camera, then they should've given him a lifetime ban, which they probably should have done regardless).

  12. #472

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    What's worrisome is that if this is the kind of thing people are willing to do when on camera, you have to wonder what's going on when someone isn't on camera and cheats would be much harder to catch.

    They really should be putting suspected cheaters on camera as much as possible. Their attempts to avoid showing people like Bertoncini on camera just makes it harder to catch them (and in the case of Bertoncini, if they were ashamed to show him on camera, then they should've given him a lifetime ban, which they probably should have done regardless).
    He has been playing competitively for over a decade (first pro tour in 08), who knows how much he has gotten away with.

  13. #473
    Greatness awaits!
    Lemnear's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2010
    Location

    Berlin, Germany
    Posts

    6,971

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    He has been playing competitively for over a decade (first pro tour in 08), who knows how much he has gotten away with.
    Or explain how he became national champion '08 in the first place.

    All in all its just one more sad incident in regards to paper mtg and it's issues with sleight of hand tricks. The list of big names and champions who were banned at some point for cheating is disturbing. Maybe WotC should consider to run championships only digital after the Arena release. That would remove quite some problems.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

    Join us at Facebook!

    Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

    Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

  14. #474

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    The problem isn't the people who cheat at tournaments but those who treat a children's card game like MTG so seriously to even consider this circumstance an issue in the first place. There is a reason why MTG is primarily targeted at children and juveniles and why adults playing stuff like MTG are usually frowned upon.

  15. #475
    Site Contributor
    thecrav's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2010
    Location

    Houston, Texas, USA
    Posts

    1,055

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    The problem isn't the people who cheat at tournaments but those who treat a children's card game like MTG so seriously to even consider this circumstance an issue in the first place. There is a reason why MTG is primarily targeted at children and juveniles and why adults playing stuff like MTG are usually frowned upon.
    Yes, an activity that pays out hundreds of thousands of dollars in prizes per year is a child's activity that people should not be taken seriously by anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

  16. #476
    Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Phoenix Ignition's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2008
    Location

    North Central CA
    Posts

    2,314

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Ah, the ol' "You're all wrong for caring about something more than I do," argument. Haven't seen that baby dusted off in a while but it's always good for entertainment.

  17. #477

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Yes, an activity that pays out hundreds of thousands of dollars in prizes per year is a child's activity that people should not be taken seriously by anyone.
    The money is only there to conceal the ridiculousness of treating a highly RNG-based fantasy card game about dragons and wizards as serious competition and to not make its participants look like fools.

  18. #478

    Re: Magic - the Cheatering

    Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    The problem isn't the people who cheat at tournaments but those who treat a children's card game like MTG so seriously to even consider this circumstance an issue in the first place. There is a reason why MTG is primarily targeted at children and juveniles and why adults playing stuff like MTG are usually frowned upon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    The money is only there to conceal the ridiculousness of treating a highly RNG-based fantasy card game about dragons and wizards as serious competition and to not make its participants look like fools.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)