Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic - the Cheatering

Re: Magic - the Cheatering

The Response.

Does he honestly believe people are this gullible? Who is this kid trying to impress, and whatever happened to integrity? I'm telling you - Magic players these days have balls made of steel. How many times have we seen people on camera legitimately try to get away with something? Are people really this stupid?

The evidence speaks for itself, and it reminds me that trolls like this with idiotic pipe dreams trying to cheat to win will do whatever it takes to pay the rent.

Too bad I never squared off against him during that time period, because he would not have been able to mana screw me.

Oct 2014
    Albany, NY

Hell, NY used to be the only place you COULD play legacy, either Syracuse or Albany

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Some of his responses to these questions are so poorly worded and grammatically incorrect, I might be lead to believe English wasn't his first language. Poor grammar aside, naturally his logic makes no sense; if his method for shuffling wasn't cheating, why would he not do it all the time? For example, I don't cheat when I shuffle, so every shuffle I preform is exactly the same. The fact that sometimes you shuffle suspiciously and other times (not often, mind you) you don't, is in itself suspicious.

I laughed very hard at the idea that any TO will let him play Vintage at one of their events. The Vintage community in the NE is pretty tight, they won't stand to allow him to play.

As much as I'd hate to say this, at least Alex is smart enough to shut up and take his punishment.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Pretty funny it's published on examiner. One of the r/magictcg mods posted that examiner is so spammy reddit autokills submissions from that domain and they have to manually approve it. I guess that's why he mentioned examiner.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    As much as I'd hate to say this, at least Alex is smart enough to shut up and take his punishment.
    Are you joking? Alex shot his mouth off until they had to extended his suspension. At least Alex was effectively admitting he cheated instead of denying it, I guess.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Also the videos only show it happening sometimes, and if I thought I could cheat on camera...Wouldn't I just do it all the time and be unbeatable? There's a lot of things that logically don't add up, but I don't know what else to do but to fight it.
    Yeah, because Magic solely revolves around shuffling.

Feb 2014
    Santa Fe Texas

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Pretty funny it's published on examiner. One of the r/magictcg mods posted that examiner is so spammy reddit autokills submissions from that domain and they have to manually approve it. I guess that's why he mentioned examiner.

Are you joking? Alex shot his mouth off until they had to extended his suspension. At least Alex was effectively admitting he cheated instead of denying it, I guess.
    i thought he got an extension for making fun of players? not arguing his innocence

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    I meant this time, you're right he did shoot mouth off the first time.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Brian Pepper View Post
    i thought he got an extension for making fun of players? not arguing his innocence
    You may be right. He was also making a lot of two explore etc jokes on twitter though.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Cedric Phillips and Patrick Sullivan discuss the bannings in depth in their weekly audio recap. Ban talk begins at 21:45:
    http://www.starcitygames.com/article...-Sullivan.html

Site Contributor
    Jul 2010
    Gig Harbor, WA

Is there a reason why Alex only got 3 years when the others got 4? I would have expected Alex to get the longest since he was previously suspended for cheating and this was the first time (that I know of) for the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Whippoorwill View Post
    Is there a reason why Alex only got 3 years when the others got 4? I would have expected Alex to get the longest since he was previously suspended for cheating and this was the first time (that I know of) for the others.
    I think the problem is at least according to Patrick Sullivan that Alex was not banned for straight cheating but general sloppy play. They never really caught him in a situation where they could clearly say that he was cheating.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Quizzlemanizzle View Post
    I think the problem is at least according to Patrick Sullivan that Alex was not banned for straight cheating but general sloppy play. They never really caught him in a situation where they could clearly say that he was cheating.
    The reason is that Alex was a) less often on Camera since his suspension and b) he stopped pulling off the blatant cheats on camera. Most reports were by eye witnesses and floor judges this time and he gathered warnings for all the shit he pulls off. I guess he was banned as a result of all these warnings accumulated rather than a certain case of cheating.

Edit: still wait for an update on Sam Black
    Last edited by Lemnear; 10-31-2014 at 08:31 AM.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

This is making the rounds:
    -David DeLaney

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

That is fucked up beyond all belief.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

That is fucked up beyond all belief.
    Yea I know. It should say "fewer lands" SMH
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Wow.....of course he claims innocence. They all do. Anyone who has watched or read The Shawshank Redemption knows that. "Didn't do it, lawyer fucked me."
    Bread Connoisseur on MTGSalvation Forums
    Currently Playing:
    All flavors of storm combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Lands is a joke for Solidarity. Its like asking a morbidly obese parapalegic to run the mile with his shoes tied.

Jul 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ritual View Post
    Wow.....of course he claims innocence. They all do. Anyone who has watched or read The Shawshank Redemption knows that. "Didn't do it, lawyer fucked me."
    Where's the 'like' button when you need it
    You can follow me on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/MartinFSNielsen

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    Cedric Phillips and Patrick Sullivan discuss the bannings in depth in their weekly audio recap. Ban talk begins at 21:45:
    http://www.starcitygames.com/article...-Sullivan.html
    Sullivan dropping some ****ing logic bombs around 32-35 minutes.

More logic bombs at the 53 minute mark... would we have ever caught Jared if he never cheated on camera?

And I totally back them up on the fact that they aren't responsible for watching the players shuffling, how anyone could be upset about them not catching a shady shuffle on what's possibly 30 fps video is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Meekrab View Post
    More logic bombs at the 53 minute mark... would we have ever caught Jared if he never cheated on camera?
    A lot of the time, human nature is our friend here, in terms of catching cheats. From my layman's observations, the compulsive and/or pathological offender who would rationally turn the tap off and not indulge his/her compulsions when the risk is higher is an uncommon one.

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

"I'm not sure how to fill this huge void wahwahwah!!!!!!1!!!

It's called getting a job and/or a girl. Like seriously, grow up you big baby.
    Team Hammafist-We don't take kindly to those who don't take kindly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jander78 View Post
    You still have to appreciate a well timed "fuck yall niggas" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    WotC should either stop printing such good blue creatures or start printing more Hammerfist Giants
    "Got any trade boogas?"

Thread Information