Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Magic - the Cheatering

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Re: Magic - the Cheatering

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I did. Long story short: You can't win against a judge and his playing buddy in a national championship.
    And you obviously complained to the HJ?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    And you obviously complained to the HJ?
    Of Course! Ended up in a roundtable between my opponent, the judge, the HJ and me. As the judge told his bullshit (there were several warnings and altered game decisions involved) while his buddy just quietly nodded and I disagreed with that story, the judge accused me lying to the HJ. That was a nice ending of a tournament I plowed through the 7 rounds before. Wasn't a MTG tournament though, just to mention.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Wasn't a MTG tournament though, just to mention.
    Sooo...

Oct 2011
    Denmark

The semi-pro roshambo circuit needs to get their judges straight?
    "Brainstorm and Fetchlands are interesting although I don't know if Brainstorms alone are worth it right now, because Stifle is a common card. " -Peddi 2015.

Best CCG card ever ...

http://www.twitch.tv/magic2/v/15695467

Minute: 1:27:05 . Match Brian Kowal vs Justin Cohen (Junk vs Amulet).
    Am i missing something or Kowal dredge 3 for LFTL and then also draw a card?

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by pochy View Post

Nope, he did.

He even motioned towards drawing, then dredging and STILL drew, and no1 (!?!?) caught it.

Good catch, that was actaully a rather well executed cheat. Even if by some miracle he actually did draw that card by mistake I bet he noticed it as he kind of paused then checked his hand and then played the Loamwithout moving it to his hand, thus making two hand notions that would reveal drawing two cards.

ok, then if someone want to report this to Wizard, please feel free to do it cause i really don't know the correct way for doing it x'D (sice i really can't understand nothing of the actual website of Magic lol... i really loved the old one :( )

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

ok, then if someone want to report this to Wizard, please feel free to do it cause i really don't know the correct way for doing it x'D (sice i really can't understand nothing of the actual website of Magic lol... i really loved the old one :( )
    Who is the responsible person, for this?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Done. Using Twitter to contact Helene for cheats on camera always worked out for me in the past to report cheats.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

That entire match is full of odd things, such as Cohen not bouncing for his bounce lands when they have been Ghost Quarter'd in response to the Amulet trigger (to the point I was surprised he didn't accumulate enough warnings to get a game loss). The chat was raging pretty hard at some point about an extra land being played at some point as well, no clue if that really happened or someone said it and everybody repeated it. Might be worth looking into.

Also, slow play, but apparently nobody cares about that.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

so appearently, bentoncini is off the banlist and does its stuff again. also there are quite a few rumors on youtube that catching cheaters on stream and calling it out results in banning the caller!

there are even player getting caught and ignored by the judges

wtf is happening?
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    so appearently, bentoncini is off the banlist and does its stuff again. also there are quite a few rumors on youtube that catching cheaters on stream and calling it out results in banning the caller!

there are even player getting caught and ignored by the judges

wtf is happening?
    Source? Any links?

They did DQ a team for cheating...
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/...-dq-2018-08-03

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

source is basically this guy, but also the comments are somewhat enlightning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1IbhxIqCh8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zo10UKm2sw

but when you search for cheats there are quite a few more.

what interesting is, that basically all cheats are either drawing extra cards or "tutor" cards via fetchlands. Actually another good reason to ban them, but thats a parallel discussion that belongs into the banthread.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

He is a known troll. Like, got an article posted to the Daily Stormer kind of troll. There is a bunch of history about him here.

Anything he says should be ignored unless you can find other evidence to back up his claims. It's not he claimed there where a bunch of pedos in the judge program without any evidence. Oh wait...
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

well, i dont care who this guy is actually, the footage he refers to is from livestreams. so maybe he jumps on it, but it happened.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

ok thanks, back to topic then.

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/co...jq&sh=246f2acc

alex got a warning for marked cards. considering his history its very likely not coincidence and that he is still not banned for life is kinda strange as well.

also saito has some rumors going.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    ok thanks, back to topic then.

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/co...jq&sh=246f2acc

alex got a warning for marked cards. considering his history its very likely not coincidence and that he is still not banned for life is kinda strange as well.

also saito has some rumors going.
    The only surprising thing is that after all this time he hasnt moved on and away from the game.

I have a militant stance on the matter: If you near always top 8/16 in large events of hundred of players in a game full of RNG, you have to be a cheater by default.

Join us at Facebook!

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

Ive got a friend who has made it to the worlds and he qualified on mtgo (where cheating is impossible) and almost exclusively played there and made it to T8 pretty often in big events. He is also pretty good on paper events and almost always went T16. And I know for sure he doesnt cheat, because we actually discussed if we should start working on our cheating skills to stand a chance (back in 2013 when i opened this topic), but we are way too afraid of getting caught.

So yeah, I dont think every good player is cheating and some are just very lucky on RNG it seems, but Im also pretty sure that a lot of pros play to the extend of the rules, which are very kind in regards to errors.

Thread Information