Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Cheating or clever use of the rules?

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Re: Cheating or clever use of the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by thefreakaccident View Post
    To be clear, it is actually favorable for you if your opponent forgets the tabernacle.

I'd call a judge on that.
    All creatures have "At the beginning of your upkeep, destroy this creature unless you pay {1}."

Hue hue hue.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Calling people out on the forums by name should be a bannable offense without significant proof to validate this claim. I know on LoL forums and such if you call out a player by name you're automatically permanent banned from the forums on that acct. That being said, Jeremiah did what any smart player would do. He used the current crap rules about missing triggers to his advantage. He didn't cheat, he realized he had no outs so he figured he'd give it a shot.
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Roodmistah View Post
    Calling people out on the forums by name should be a bannable offense without significant proof to validate this claim. I know on LoL forums and such if you call out a player by name you're automatically permanent banned from the forums on that acct. That being said, Jeremiah did what any smart player would do. He used the current crap rules about missing triggers to his advantage. He didn't cheat, he realized he had no outs so he figured he'd give it a shot.
    What about reading the original claim we discussed about the last 8 pages before posting in such a sensible topic? It's about giving your opponent time to respond/announce trigger rather than ignoring their possible interactions and rushing to resolution.

Both sides of the Story we heared are completely different and there's still the questionable role of the Judge in this game. Question of doubt in Jerry's favor.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Even still, I don't think it's right to put players on blast like this.
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Roodmistah View Post
    Even still, I don't think it's right to put players on blast like this.
    I agree to this because the's no undoubtful prove of the case. It was however the same kind of Community feedback that caught cheats like Kira the great glass bouncer and bring them to the table
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Thread Information