Thread: [Blog Post] Delver of Secrets in Legacy Part 1: RUG & Deckbuilding Theory

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

[Blog Post] Delver of Secrets in Legacy Part 1: RUG & Deckbuilding Theory

Due to GP DC taking place this week, I decided to write two articles about Legacy Delver this week. This first one I posted, and it's focusing on RUG, with some history lesson / general theory thrown in. The second one, tomorrow, will focus on BURG and BUG and will come to a conclusion as to which one to play in DC.

Delver of Secrets in Legacy Part 1: RUG & Deckbuilding Theory
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Re: [Blog Post] Delver of Secrets in Legacy Part 1: RUG & Deckbuilding Theory

@Jona: just curious, what's your take on the Probe vs no-Probe debate?

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

While I do think that getting to cast Probe once in the first two turns of the game is pretty sweet, I don't think you'd want to play multiples: First, there's just not enough room if you want play more than one Spell Snare. Second, drawing more than one Probe is often pretty embarassing - despite the deck not really caring about life total all that much, it is still relevant. Further, drawing it later in the game just makes it a Sorcery speed Peek, and well, people don't even play that one. Any time you have to cast it for U, it's just awful.
    If you only play one Probe, though, you're only going to have it in your opener about 10% of the time. I just don't see how that's worth having such a bad card in your deck, so I wouldn't play it at all.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Jona View Post
    While I do think that getting to cast Probe once in the first two turns of the game is pretty sweet, I don't think you'd want to play multiples: First, there's just not enough room if you want play more than one Spell Snare. Second, drawing more than one Probe is often pretty embarassing - despite the deck not really caring about life total all that much, it is still relevant. Further, drawing it later in the game just makes it a Sorcery speed Peek, and well, people don't even play that one. Any time you have to cast it for U, it's just awful.
    If you only play one Probe, though, you're only going to have it in your opener about 10% of the time. I just don't see how that's worth having such a bad card in your deck, so I wouldn't play it at all.
    Thank you!

and now the article! I'm looking forward it!

Good Article. PM me if you have th bUrg article online, I can link it in my primer ;-)

Thread Information