Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Legacy Achievements

Oct 2010
    London & Helsinki

Re: Legacy Achievements

Gentlemen's agreement: Resolve three spells through opponent missing Chalice of the Void triggers.
    Spaghetti for everyone: Win after surviving two resolved Annihilator 6 triggers.
    Oh! The glory: Win a sanctioned match with Barren Glory.
    Jace Bourne Ultimatum: Win with Jace ultimate, with 1 card left in your library.
    Time marathon: Take 42 consecutive extra-turns after passing turn back to your opponent.

Have seen all these before.

(V) (;,,;) (V)
    Jul 2008
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote Originally Posted by Mammutti View Post
    Spaghetti for everyone: Win after surviving two resolved Annihilator 6 triggers.
    I've seen this outdone in standard (3 attacks, all connected). Legacy shouldn't be too hard...
    Tinkering with some crafting theory. Here

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Shame-drazi: The first time I ever played Emrakul in this format, I hardcast him and lost that game. This is also a Spaghetti for everyone, since I attacked him three times.

Combo backfire: I once won a round at an SCG where I played only one card over two games: a basic mountain.

Absent-minded magician: I once had an opponent go to his draw phase and draw a card off my deck. Uh, judge?

David vs. Goliath: I once beat Storm in Game 3 on a mull to three while playing Lands. My three was a fetchland, a dual land and a basic land.

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    Shame-drazi: The first time I ever played Emrakul in this format, I hardcast him and lost that game. This is also a Spaghetti for everyone, since I attacked him three times.

Combo backfire: I once won a round at an SCG where I played only one card over two games: a basic mountain.

Absent-minded magician: I once had an opponent go to his draw phase and draw a card off my deck. Uh, judge?

David vs. Goliath: I once beat Storm in Game 3 on a mull to three while playing Lands. My three was a fetchland, a dual land and a basic land.
    He did expect the Spanish Inquisition: I lost a match with PSI against Lands.

Better lucky than good: Beat storm combo with zoo. (IIRC I have never lost this matchup - too bad I'm not that lucky in any other matchups).
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    Absent-minded magician: I once had an opponent go to his draw phase and draw a card off my deck.
    Guilty as charged. :-(

BOOM! HEADSHOT!: Win a game before your opponent's first turn.

Just keep digging: cast eight or more 1-mana cantrip effects before completing a combo kill.

Revenge of the Nerds: Lose a game to a deck registration error.

It's just a jump to the left: Cast three or more Emrakul, the Aeons Torn in a single game.

Brain fart: Put the wrong card back from a Brainstorm.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Revenge of the Nerds: Lose a game to a deck registration error.
    Revenge of the Nerds part II: Start a match on game 3 because you both got a deck reg error.

(Happened to me in my first GPT)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Thumbs Down: Win a game with a Krark's Thumb in the exiled zone.

Site Contributor

Jun 2010

We're gonna need a bigger boat!: win the game while controlling 25 or more non-token permanents.

I've done this with Enchantress at SCG Sacramento a year or two back.

Aug 2013
    Georgia

Mirror on Your Forehead: Make the opponent discard at least 3 copies of one card from a blind Cabal Therapy.
    Watt Just Happened: Win by Misdirecting the opponent's Lightning Bolt to his face.
    Sharp-Duressed Man: Whiff a Duress on an opponent twice in one match.
    No Secrets Here: Fail to flip a Turn 1 Delver if Secrets for at least 6 turns in a row.
    Congratulations! You Are Great Debugger!: Resolve Surgical Extraction or Extirpate on enemy Wirewood Symbiote and exile all 4 copies.
    Ain't Nobody Got Time Fo' Dat!: Fail all five flips for Ral Zarek's ultimate.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Brain fart: Put the wrong card back from a Brainstorm.
    I did this twice in a single turn to lose a match for a top 8 spot in a Vintage local for a Sapphire.

It was turn 4 of turns, my opponent has 0 cards in hand and nothing of note on the board. I play a Jace, 0 Brainstorm. Draw Time Walk and Tinker and Brainstorm. I have Blightsteel in my hand, so all I need to do is put him back with another card and Tinker then Time Walk and win. I completely fail to do that for some reason. Realizing this, I play Brainstorm, and then again, completely fail to put Blightsteel back.

No idea what the hell was wrong with me that day...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sep 2010
    Warsaw, Poland

Mirror on Your Forehead: Make the opponent discard at least 3 copies of one card from a blind Cabal Therapy.
    Did it actually in sanctioned tournament turn 1 naming on blind "Brainstorm" XD.

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    I'd like to add these two legacy-achievements of mine.

Like a Boss!: Put more than 12.000 Goblin Tokens into play without using an "infinite-combo" and lose the game without conceding.

Flash-drazi: Put Emrakul the Aeons Torn into play during your opponents turn in response to the first spell played this turn.

Solution:
    (1) Krenko, Mob Boss vs. Platinum Emperion feat. Lightning Greaves
    (2) Tap Aether Vial (at 15 counters) and cut yourself through a Moat
    Another solution to (2) that I've done: Fetch for a Tropical Island, exile 2x Simian Spirit Guide to cast Violent Outburst, cascading into Hypergenesis, putting Progenitus and Emrakul into play in response to my opponent's Thoughtseize.

Not mine personally, but still a good one that I witnessed nonetheless:

Stop Mindscuptling Yourself: Win a game by ulting Jace TMS yourself.

Mar 2011
    Philadelphia, PA

Lucky #8 - I activated my Aether Vial at 8 to Vial in my Ashen Rider to exile my opponent's Energy Field, then attacked for the win. I'm playing Goblins, I did this at GP DC.

Gang-Bang - After my opponent cast Show and Tell, he put in a Griselbrand vs my Siege-Gang Commander. At his end step, I cycled gempalm Incinerator and killed the Grizzle with the trigger.

Aug 2013
    Georgia

Karakas is Crazy: Bounce Thalia with Karakas and win on the same turn.
    The First Rule of Fight Club...: If someone asks you if you're from The Source, tell them you don't know what they're talking about, sir.
    Winception: Using Solidarity, win in response to your opponent winning in response to you winning.
    Touhou is Harder: Win a match against Burn without taking a single point of damage.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Soul Read: Blind-hit the remaining three copies of a card from opponent's hand with Extirpate.

My friend did that against an opponent playing Life from the Loam. He declined to hit the three copies of Verdant Catacombs being targeted, nor did he go for Life from the Loam. He targeted the 1-of Brainstorm in the yard and was rewarded when his opponent showed 3 copies in grip.

Pilerakul : Forcing a opponent into trading a piledriver with an Emrakul.

No swords? : Win a round opening each game with lackey into siege-gang.

Site Contributor
    Jul 2010
    Gig Harbor, WA

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    My friend won a game with his opponent casting a large Blue Sun's Zenith because Plagiarize had been cast earlier in the turn.
    Was this at SCG Seattle last month? If so, I was sitting next to them when that happened. She cast Plagiarize followed by Spiral then later in the turn cast the Zenith. Apparently earlier opponents (and she) didn't realize that she would draw the cards instead.

Quote Originally Posted by bjholmes3 View Post
    Watt Just Happened: Win by Misdirecting the opponent's Lightning Bolt to his face.
    Should also include winning off your opponent's Chain Lightning.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Quote Originally Posted by Whippoorwill View Post
    Was this at SCG Seattle last month? If so, I was sitting next to them when that happened. She cast Plagiarize followed by Spiral then later in the turn cast the Zenith. Apparently earlier opponents (and she) didn't realize that she would draw the cards instead.
    Yes. Unfortunately, I didn't actually see the play.

Natural Born Nitpicker
    Oct 2010
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by davelin View Post
    They might be giants - survive a hit from an eldrazi and win
    Dan Signorini one-upped that one on camera back in the day - not only he survived a hit from Emrakul and won, but he killed the spaghetti monster in combat.

(The SCG Open he won over two years ago - in the finals he blocked Emrakul with three Tombstalkers, stifling the annihilator trigger.)
    - What are letters?
    - Kinda like mediaglyphics except they're all black, and they're tiny, they don't move, they're old and boring and really hard to read. But you can use'em to make short words for long words.

Thread Information