Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the best TNN deck?

Re: What is the best TNN deck?

I'm playing what a lot of people are calling Esper Deathblade with TNN, and I gotta say it's just rediculous. I have two builds, the one I like the best is a Delver version, and I run a single trop for the DRS activations as Tin Fins is in my meta. I first built a bit more of a "control" version with Baleful Strix, but haven't touched it since I built the Delver version. I'm not entirely sure I have quite enough instant/sorceries, but so far it's been good.

I believe TNN is a huge boon to another archetype that has been all but lost in the passing years and growing consistency of 3-c and more lists: Mono-Blue control. I don't think mono-colored decks have what it takes these days for the most part (a few aside, goblins, DnT, Omni-Tell), but I think a UW Control shell could benefit greatly from this True-Named Nemesis. I haven't put anything together, but I think it's a tip-top idea that I'm in the brainstorming part of building. I think it rounds out the 3-slot nicely for CB, and lends itself to either side of a battle (attack/block), as well as pitching to force in a pinch. It's Next-Level Morphling (and I played when Morphling was at it's best; it was scary), and I intend on treating it so. Have my four copies, and I'm ready to truly abuse it. You can check out the Esperblade thread in Developing competitive for my lists, as well as UW Stoneforge thread.

-ABC

I'd argue /b is the worst color for TNN, because /b gives Tombstalker and Engineered Plauge/Golgari Charm which are the best answers to TNN in the format, and I'd rather use Vendillion Clique or Spirit Tokens in order to have asymetrical threats under Engineered Plague.

U/g/w makes the most sense to me, U/w/r comes 2nd.

Black is played for discard. Pairing discard with counters is Imo one of the strongest disruption suites possible, while giving you a good amount of information. Also, I don't see why you didn't mention Zealous Persecution, a perfect solution to protecting your tnn while killing theirs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I think that Esper Deahtblade is the best shell for TNN to shine, I think it does the best work in a shell with Deathrite shaman, stoneforge mystic and planeswalkers.
    I do very much look at the GP and I think that WUR delver with TNN is a better deck then Esper Deathblade with TNN but I think that TNN is much better and more important in esper Deathblade.

Thinking about it another time Bant blade is probably the best shell for TNN, that's probably also the reason it's the only deck running 4. It has the noble hierarchs and GSZ to play it as early as turn 2 it has the stoneforge mystics to make it game ending it has the dazes and FOW to protect it from getting countered. It has exalted trigger from noble hierarch and quasali pridemage to make it a faster clock. And it has a really good late game which means that leaving it behind to make your opponent unable to attack (while your not attacking as well) will probably give you the best situation at the end. Still I think WUR delver is a better deck I only think it profits less from TNN

UWB seems like the natural combination - Stoneforge Mystic is the ideal card to pair with TNN and you have Thoughtseize to strip away any narrow answers the opponent might have.

Thread Information