Page 236 of 313 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 6252

Thread: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Re: [DTB] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Quote Originally Posted by Jin Gitaxias View Post
    Care to explain your opinion? I don't see how this card will be a problem. The draw restriction makes me think this card won't be played in decks that run either brainstorm+ponder (BUG delver) or ancestral vision (shardless bug).

As for the second ability, I have some experience vs delver decks that have boarded in mystic remora and have not had any trouble beating those.
    I know this is only anecdotal data, but imo that is better than nothing.

In short I don't understand why this card would be more worrying than the 2 spoiled white cards.
    the 1st fx is onesided+what lemnear said, it's MDckable hatebear in odd colors, the card has huge potential imo

I'm not worried about the CotV dude until it sees play outside of D+T which it probably will, there is not much to do about it things just get worse most time new relevant cards see print
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jin Gitaxias View Post
    Care to explain your opinion? I don't see how this card will be a problem. The draw restriction makes me think this card won't be played in decks that run either brainstorm+ponder (BUG delver) or ancestral vision (shardless bug).
    There is no draw restriction, "Each opponent can't draw more than one card each turn"

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    With a lethal ToA on the stack you opponent gets to draw 10+ cards right into Mindbreak Trap/Flusterstorm
    Exactly. But even hitting 1-2 Spierce, FoW, daze if your are low on storm count.
    This could push to try to have high storm count, and make the tutor chain that much worse, and leovold would never be played in decks that are not also playing DRS.

Having leovold in play, it is also possible to hide FS on top with Ponder-BS to protect it from discard.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Having leovold in play, it is also possible to hide FS on top with Ponder-BS to protect it from discard.
    Leovold is freaking stupid good in Shardless if paired with MBT. Usually they are light on counterspells so if you discard their FoW and are not shredded by Hymn+DRS beforehand, the match is in your favor, but a dropped Leovold not only messes with your Brainstorms/Ponders/Preordains just like SpiritOfTheLabyrinth does, but also draws them right into their counterspells in a situation where you cannot react to with discard at all. He is hate on two different angles which can come down by turn 2. This is a non-white hatebear on crack which fucks over opposing discard and cantrips
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Leovold does look pretty nasty, but is it really something that'll cause inordinate trouble for us? I feel like if they've Hymned and Seized us, we're in really bad shape anyway, pretty much banking on finding Past in Flames or just dying.

It also has a couple of flaws I think are worth pointing out.
    —Vulnerable to Abrupt Decay
    —Legendary
    —Doesn't go well with Cascade

Is Leo something we can't solve with Abrupt Decay or Empty the Warrens? Don't get me wrong; I actually think it's a really cool card, and it essentially turns off Tendrils. But is it really something over which we should be quaking in our boots?

A related question: it's looking like we're going to be facing down an increasingly quick clock on redundant hate in the coming months, and in decks that formerly didn't have it. Has anyone tried running seven discards again? Mainboard or sideboard? With double-PiF, double-Petition, or something else? Final related thought: I'm starting to think sideboard Daze looks more appealing than it had before, so I'm interested to hear any testing info people have to offer.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

With leovold they draw one card for each tendrills copy? If yes then my decays against shardless are much better. But they also have to play fluster or trap for him being good.
    Just slam all 4 decays vs shardless.

Oct 2015
    Paris

Yes, they will draw one card for each copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Goyfs from MM are like the last kid you pick in a kindergarten soccer match.
    You know he sucks, he knows, everybody knows, but you still need him to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    Leovold does look pretty nasty, but is it really something that'll cause inordinate trouble for us? I feel like if they've Hymned and Seized us, we're in really bad shape anyway, pretty much banking on finding Past in Flames or just dying.

It also has a couple of flaws I think are worth pointing out.
    —Vulnerable to Abrupt Decay
    —Legendary
    —Doesn't go well with Cascade

Is Leo something we can't solve with Abrupt Decay or Empty the Warrens? Don't get me wrong; I actually think it's a really cool card, and it essentially turns off Tendrils. But is it really something over which we should be quaking in our boots?

A related question: it's looking like we're going to be facing down an increasingly quick clock on redundant hate in the coming months, and in decks that formerly didn't have it. Has anyone tried running seven discards again? Mainboard or sideboard? With double-PiF, double-Petition, or something else? Final related thought: I'm starting to think sideboard Daze looks more appealing than it had before, so I'm interested to hear any testing info people have to offer.
    Agree. Leo is good, but I don't think BUG players will add it to their sideboard. Null rod is faster and protects against a lot of decks, Leo hits hard only us.
    I'm thinking me too to change something, probably in the sideboard. The first thing that comes into my mind is cutting a decay for a thoughtseize: our discard plan is strong, I think we should feed this plan that is good against everyone. We are fast, we win because opponents don't have time to drop hate or because we discarded them. This plan is weak the more the game goes on I know, my idea is that I want to increase the odds to have a discard on opening hand; on turn 5-6-7 I hope to get a bouncer/decay/krosan to handle their hate on the battlefield. I think we can also cut a flusterstorm for a thoughtseize, maybe it's also better than cutting the decay, I'm just brainstorming without editing

I'd REALLY like to play cards like massacre, disfigure, dread of night......but you need to run multiple copies of them if you want to see them early, but I don't think we have too much room in the sideboard

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Agree. Leo is good, but I don't think BUG players will add it to their sideboard. Null rod is faster and protects against a lot of decks, Leo hits hard only us.
    Eh? Is Storm the only Legacy deck playing cantrips, or what?
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

How does Notion Thief interact with this card and isn't Notion Thief at least in the same category? It doesn't see much play.

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Notion usualy is better. Because in the shardless mirror its insane. It cant be destroyed by decay. And its not played. Because its to narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Eh? Is Storm the only Legacy deck playing cantrips, or what?
    Other decks run wasteland, it's not easy to reach BGU under mana denial and without deathrite. Leo can be killed by decay, bolt, StP. It can be bounced by Karakas and you can play only one of them. Leo's second ability is devastating only against us; it's annoying in general, but why shardless players should run this over notion thief (that is still not used)? Just because it's better with ANT? I don't think (and I hope) it's worth it.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Other decks run wasteland, it's not easy to reach BGU under mana denial and without deathrite. Leo can be killed by decay, bolt, StP. It can be bounced by Karakas and you can play only one of them. Leo's second ability is devastating only against us; it's annoying in general, but why shardless players should run this over notion thief (that is still not used)? Just because it's better with ANT? I don't think (and I hope) it's worth it.
    Speaking of Wasteland, it cuts both ways: Leo clashes with colorless sources. Might still see play, but the more I think about it, the more it looks like a really busted card that doesn't quite fit into an existing framework.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub

Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?

Jul 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Played a League. Didn't do too well but had some good and interesting games. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...V_E1rcoop_tEE3

Also. Been a while. Hope you all are well
    You can follow me on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/MartinFSNielsen

Quote Originally Posted by nevilshute View Post
    Played a League. Didn't do too well but had some good and interesting games. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...V_E1rcoop_tEE3

thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by nevilshute View Post

Let the Iggy flow through you...

Does anyone have a good suggestions for a SB card to replace a flusterstorm? Was playing extirpates but I'm not sure I want them for a larger tournement like the scg tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by TokugawaEdo View Post
    Does anyone have a good suggestions for a SB card to replace a flusterstorm? Was playing extirpates but I'm not sure I want them for a larger tournement like the scg tomorrow. Any suggestions?
    Maybe additional discard. Flusterstorm can help in a variety of match ups but seems strongest against other combo decks.

I'd say the same, thoughtseize could be an option, useful also against D&T and in general vs combo.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by TokugawaEdo View Post
    I've never been a fan of countermagic, but I can see the use for it in certain matchups. If you're running it to fight fast combo, why not try Surgical Extraction or Pithing Needle? Each has plenty of crossover value, too, though I've only ever run them as singletons, so I don't know how much good they'd do in multiples.

I'm testing a fourth Cabal Therapy in the 'board at the moment, but I didn't have any matchups in which I'd have wanted it today. For the record, I went 2-1, beating Dredge and Elves and losing to Miracles (that matchup I still need a load of practice to fight, but I haven't had much opportunity).

I was considering a seventh discard in the sideboard against fast combo and dedicated control matchups (e.g., Show and Tell, Stoneblade, or maybe Delver) in which point-kills or bounce wouldn't be likely to get me very far. I still bring in Chain of Vapor against some control decks, but I only replace Preordain if that's what I'm doing. I also usually switch out Petition for a second Tendrils in such matchups.

The obvious problem with combo is the likelihood that they'll be on the play. There, discard is pretty much useless. Doesn't mean it isn't useful [EDIT: for being on the play or against other matchups], just that it's no good if they can pull off a T1 when we haven't had the chance to play lands yet. What's everyone else think?

On a different note, has anybody tried anything like the maindeck Daze plan?

Omae wa mou shindeiru

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

I updated The Storm Box!

Relevant changes from previous version:

Infernal Tutor - Dark Petition

(Rewrote Infernal Tutor bit, Petition wasn't mentioned before.)

Burning Wish - Grim Tutor

Just slightly updated.

Chain of Vapor - Echoing Truth

Section on Chain rewritten, Truth wasn't mentioned before.

Daze

Wasn't mentioned before.

Carpet of Flowers

Somehow wasn't mentioned before.

I also rewrote most of the other sections and included guidelines for how many copies to run of the core cards.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Thread Information