Page 109 of 313 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 6252

Thread: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Re: [DTB] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Quote Originally Posted by Tvox View Post
    Also, just to be a stickler, sudden shock could be countered by counterbalance, the only target for it'd probably be Snapcaster beats though...
    Actually, that was the reason I said it won't be countered rather than can't be countered.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloshthedark View Post
    I disagree, IT->EtW is great T1/T2 (note that Kai does not play Ad Nauseam MD) against most decks and in fact I kill most Miracles players with EtW postboard especially, on the other hand I haven't explored something like 3x EtW as a SB plan vs. Miracles (to narrow imo)
    This opens you up to all kinds of countermagic though. Empty is good for the same reason Tendrils are: people can't interact with storm triggers. So yeah, I'll have to agree with Togores here, Empty is at its best when you have multiples and you can cast them from your hand early often. I have actually done this ages ago, but I don't feel the metagame is anywhere near a point where this is good right now. Although, to be fair, it might be good vs. BUG Delver. Pretty sure it isn't worth the 3-4 slots though.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Sep 2014
    Worcester, MA

been a while since i've posted, but i have only just started playing regularly again after a break post GP NJ.

currently prepping for the tales event in PA this coming weekend, and i've been messing around with my sb

what i have sleeved up for this weekend is (stock mb w/ 7 discard, 1 preordain, 1 sdt, and 1 grim tutor)
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Xantid Swarm
    2 Chain of Vapor
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    2 Massacre
    1 Krosan Grip
    1 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Tendrils of Agony

i've been working with another friend to try and lay out a plan for sideboarding for every relevant deck that we might run into (and yes, obviously sb guides aren't meant to be followed explicitly so things might change, but its a good way to bring up some basic discussions)

one for example is decay vs chain against wasteland decks. obviously chain is much easier to cast off a basic island, but against decks like uwr that run red blasts or dnt that can just vial a bounced hate bear back into play, is the decay worth turning on their wastes? rug delver? what about decks like bug? no red blast and a chain on a null rod or drs might be enough if needed, but unless we are ready to go off chain is useless against a card like lili.

another topic that people seem to be divided on is siding out ad nauseam in certain matchups. miracles is a good example. personally i like keeping it in, as it provides a late game draw spell and can sometimes just act as that t1 crutch when they keep an opener without force. even while bringing in the second tendrils i feel like the upsides of leaving ad nauseam in are just too strong.

i'll post my full in/out sideboard list when im finished, but in the meantime i think these points are fine for discussion (and i realize they have been discussed before, but they remain relevant questions with answers that change and the topic of discussion in this thread is always cyclical)
    ---
    ┐('~` )┌

Oct 2013
    Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Do you guys find yourselves not needing a Bob/Pyromancer type of threat to bring in against miracles?
    I'd suggest the 3rd and the 4th AD + the evergreen Krosan Grip, just to be sure that in response to a [whatever threat] they won't be able to tap the Top and draw that goddamn Flusterstorm left on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

"Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    So dismissive.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    This thread is great. I've been able to save so much money on seasoning! Whenever I'm eating something bland, I just wander over here to borrow some of the infinite salt.

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by meffeo View Post
    I'd suggest the 3rd and the 4th AD + the evergreen Krosan Grip, just to be sure that in response to a [whatever threat] they won't be able to tap the Top and draw that goddamn Flusterstorm left on top.

WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

Oct 2013
    Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by CabalTherapy View Post
    Where's the LIKE button?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

"Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    So dismissive.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    This thread is great. I've been able to save so much money on seasoning! Whenever I'm eating something bland, I just wander over here to borrow some of the infinite salt.

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Odds are, if you can resolve City of Solitude, you can also resolve Past in Flames, Ad Nauseam or Infernal Tutor.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Quote Originally Posted by Jona View Post
    Odds are, if you can resolve City of Solitude, you can also resolve Past in Flames, Ad Nauseam or Infernal Tutor.
    Yeah basically you just increase the amount of business spells in your deck or let's say 'must counter spells'. Most of the time it has been a 3 maan duress for me.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Running the double PiF main deck already helps me out against counters a bit. I like the third and maybe the fourth decay just because I need to kill stuff like CB, Cage, and RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Jona View Post
    No! And it is not a cc3 Duress either. It doesn't care about Flusterstorm and hardly gets hit by Counterbalance. It is like a permanent Silence effect and works for me very well. Additionally, it tests the water if it is too dangerous or clear. But if you guys don't like it: even better for me since the surprise factor is preserved (at least at bigger tournaments).
    WantToPonder
    Team MTG Berlin

Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

i was about to say that. i can't win against my opponent which always leaves a flusterstorm on top with his SDT, since i can't discard it away :(

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

One trick that is mana intensive and tough sometimes but works is to decay the top so they are forced to flip it, then you can discard their spell. It's not as simple as something like city of solitude, but it is a line.
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Jan 2015
    Chicago

Also, that's what Xantid Swarm is for.

Jul 2008
    NJ USA

I don't think a 3 mana protection spell is a good idea. Xantid Swarm is nice, but I keep on finding that it dies to the removal that my opponent's correctly don't side out. So maybe City of Solitude or Defense Grid would be nice, but they sure walk into Daze and Spell Pierce a lot.
    Anyways here is the list that I have been running to success in local Legacy tournaments and on MTGO.

2 Underground Sea
    1 Bayou
    1 Volcanic Island
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Island
    1 Swamp
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Verdant Catacombs

4 Dark Ritual
    4 Cabal Ritual
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    2 Preordain
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Duress
    4 Infernal Tutor
    1 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Ad Nauseam
    1 Past in Flames
    1 Tendrils of Agony

2 Xantid Swarm
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    2 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Empty the Warrens
    4 Abrupt Decay
    2 Chain of Vapor
    2 Massacre

new topic:
    has anyone experience with countermagic in the mainboard?

My friend in japan plays this at the moment,have a closer look:

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

The deck is cool, but here it seems force/daze is only viable to counter opponent threat/combo/discard. but sometimes we just go off before these things become relevant

our counter spell is still bad with LED/Infernal interaction, which means we can't protect our own combo against opponent counter spell

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Seems unnecessary... Just PiF yo. Who cares about counters when you can go off multiple times? Went 3-0-1 tonight with my last list -3 pyromancers, +1 KGrip, +1 Lightning Bolt, +1 Pyroblast, mostly because I lacked decays and KGrips. Beat Elves, Jund, and UB Tezzerator. That seems like a real bad match up. Chalice+force and such is pretty bad for us. Luckily I somehow fought through game 1 chalice on 1 and a force in hand because PiF is a good card. He locked me out in game two with Chalice, 3ball and then after I decay the chalice on 1 a second chalice. Seems rough.

I did some test ganes yesterday.

Daze is almost always a hardcouterspell until turn 3.
    Remember that this is the turn when we usually win the game.
    We can counter deathrite shamans,counterbalances and hymn to tourachs easily with daze,so it's supposed to be a proactive counterspell.

Countering a Turn 2 Thalia isn't that bad actually.

I don't want to push this deck idea but my testing games where actually not that bad.

But i would cut fows for additional cantrips/petals

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by mishima_kazuya View Post
    I don't think a 3 mana protection spell is a good idea. Xantid Swarm is nice, but I keep on finding that it dies to the removal that my opponent's correctly don't side out. So maybe City of Solitude or Defense Grid would be nice, but they sure walk into Daze and Spell Pierce a lot.
    Nice; I like your statement, especially because it shows that you a) did not properly read about City of Solitude and b) have not tested it.
    WantToPonder
    Team MTG Berlin

The Dragonstorm

Daze seems funny to try
    Did you ever use daze then drop the bounced land for mana?

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Daze gives you a storm for the cost of one landdrop.

Semms nice. But idk if in the 1st turns its good to fall back on lands...

Thread Information