Page 221 of 313 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 6252

Thread: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Re: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Quote Originally Posted by Togores View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SPitPk...ature=youtu.be

Its also now on you tube. Where you can see in g2 where I misscount and decay one time I dont need to (I thought I would got so and extra turn).

And g3 after he snap surgicals. I have the kill just casting tendrills and paying for 5 flusters but I was into the plan of finding a led, rain of filth, decay, grip, fluster or second tendrills and even I had him at 10 life in my notepad I just missed it and went for all this cantrip line where I could have missed the win (had a lot of outs, but sometimes luck is not there always) and loose.

But still a nice game of beating 2 fluster, 2 fow, surgical and caster.

Thanks to everyone for beeing cheering for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    Congrats on the win, Togores. I'm curious, at 1:00:35 in the video (when Past in Flames resolves after the second Surgical Extraction), you have 2 mana floating, 4 untapped lands, and Lion's Eye Diamond and Tendrils of Agony in hand. Tholance has only 10 life at that point, and the storm count is 5. Why not just tap two lands and play Tendrils right then? Tholance will have to use his Top to draw Flusterstorm and counter. Then, you can play LED, tap another land, and flash Tendrils back again. I suppose you don't know for sure that Tholance has Flusterstorm on top of his deck, but I can't imagine what he could have that would disrupt playing Tendrils twice in a row.

Literally on the same page of the thread.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Quote Originally Posted by rlesko
    Because Tendrils cast after PiF can't be flashed back (unless you flashback PiF first)? I haven't gone back and watched this sequence exactly but from what you are describing thats what you are attempting to do.
    Yeah, for some reason the sequencing seemed to work out in my head at the time, but of course you're right. This play doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Alexander
    The play Togores was pointing out (cast Tendrils and pay the Flusterstorm tax for 5 of the copies) is not the same play as what I was suggesting (play Tendrils twice).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Alexander View Post
    I definitely see Storm players being arrogant (myself included)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Alexander View Post

Yeah, for some reason the sequencing seemed to work out in my head at the time, but of course you're right. This play doesn't work.
    No worries, I do the same thing sometimes. The mistake I'm most guilty of making when watching coverage is forgetting you need a way to get hellbent when casting infernal tutor

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

The play Togores was pointing out (cast Tendrils and pay the Flusterstorm tax for 5 of the copies) is not the same play as what I was suggesting (play Tendrils twice).
    I should've quoted only the relevant parts; I was referring to "Why not just tap two lands and play Tendrils right then?", because that's exactly what Rodrigo should've done and the play ends there already, no need to flash back Tendrils.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Congrats again to Rodrigo again!

i have 2 questions:
    1- how was Flusterstorm? IMHO in this meta is really strong

2- would you make some changes on your list?

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

I would make 0 changes.

Flusterstorm is a good card, only sided in top 8 and g3 on finals (just 1). Also against both infect deck I played. Drew only once against infect and had another plan and brainstormed it away.

Its good against show and tell and nauseam. But I didnt played any...

Quote Originally Posted by Togores View Post
    I would make 0 changes.

Flusterstorm is a good card, only sided in top 8 and g3 on finals (just 1). Also against both infect deck I played. Drew only once against infect and had another plan and brainstormed it away.

Its good against show and tell and nauseam. But I didnt played any...
    Do you agree that your list is rather weak against eldrazi?
    Do you think you could have won against multiple eldrazis making no changes?

Your list looks like one of the best I ever saw for the Miracles MU, I just dont see it winning against most lock decks, do you think decays are enought or you just hoped to dodge as many taxes and eldrazis as possible?
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Does exist a good SB against eldrazi???

he focused on beat all others decks wich has sense imho

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    Do you agree that your list is rather weak against eldrazi?
    Do you think you could have won against multiple eldrazis making no changes?

Your list looks like one of the best I ever saw for the Miracles MU, I just dont see it winning against most lock decks, do you think decays are enought or you just hoped to dodge as many taxes and eldrazis as possible?
    He beat D&T in top 8

@Rodrigo

What would you play if you didn't have the flusterstorms?

Quote Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
    He beat D&T in top 8
    Getting extremely lucky, to be fair
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

Luck? He made a meta call and was rewarded. Look back through this thread and you'll see many players advocating to forgo warping your deck to beat a match-up that will likely never be that winnable (Eldrazi). DnT, well I wonder how many times Togores has played that match up. Likely more than he'd like to admit. I'm sure he knows what he needs to do to avoid a T2 Thalia, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    Luck? He made a meta call and was rewarded. Look back through this thread and you'll see many players advocating to forgo warping your deck to beat a match-up that will likely never be that winnable (Eldrazi). DnT, well I wonder how many times Togores has played that match up. Likely more than he'd like to admit. I'm sure he knows what he needs to do to avoid a T2 Thalia, etc.
    He didnt got lucky against death and taxes.

Lost G1

Gets a turn 1 in G2

G3 keeps a probe + teraphy hand, his opponens has a single threat and he gets a turn 2 win though wasteland

Thats not standard. thats lucky, and by no means im saying that in an offensive way.

Also, as a meta call, predicting no eldrazi was extremely wrong since the deck was the most played in day2, so if it was a meta call he was wrong and got lucky getting none of them (as he admitted), Im missing your point

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

Yes, luck is part of this as always but ANT is capable of winning T1 (it is a combo deck...) and BTW Gitaxian Probe into Therapy is pretty good. My point with Eldrazi is that he'd have likely lost either way and since he didn't dilute his SB he had plenty of room other match ups.

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

I got really lucky. Thats true. Taxes is almost not represent.
    I had 6 cards sb vs them. 3 decay, 2 echoing and 1 empty.

Not a lot but not nothing.

Bye
    Bye
    Merfolk 2-0
    Infect 2-1 win on mull to 5
    Burn 2-0
    Bug delver 2-1
    Sharldess 2-0
    Grixis 2-0
    Grixis control 2-0
    ---
    Rug 0-2
    Grixis 0-2
    Merfolk 2-1
    Lands 2-1
    Bug delver 2-0
    Infect 2-1 (beats me with his mull5)
    Shardless 2-1
    Taxes 2-1
    Miracles 2-1

That where my matchups. 0 eldrazi, that was the plan. Didnt faced any. That was better as expected. I thought I would face 2 and end like 1-1 against them.

If you expected DnT would you play dread of night or massacre or both?

Jul 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

You don't need to get "extremely lucky" to beat D&T with no hosers. Nor was Togores "extremely lucky" in the semi finals. I think, all things being equal, the matchup favors us if not by a lot, and having ~4 spot removal spells (bounce, decays, disfigure etc) will often be enough. That doesn't mean we can't lose, obviously. Sometimes you are on the draw, in the blind, and mulligan to a six card hand of 3x cantrips, land, ritual, LED. In those spots we are very, very likely to lose if they found Thalia in their 8-9 top cards. Even a wasteland/port draw can sometimes be good enough in a spot like that.

But I'm going to be candid here, and perhaps come off as arrogant, but it feels to me that newer storm players have a tendency to get to a point where they feel like D&T is a worse matchup than it actually is. I won't guess as to why.

That's not to say I think we are massive favorites, but I do believe we are favored. Force me to put percentages on it and I'd say something like 55/45 in our favor.

If I was heading into a tournament execting D&T to make up a large portion of the decks on the top tables (think Miracles, currently) I'd for sure be packing 2x massacre or something similar to suppliment my chains of vapor because it will skew the match enough in our favor that we can usually avoid losing those games where we stumble and can't get in under their lock pieces. But with the deck being somewhat few and far between I don't think it's unreasonable to go into a tournament with no hosers in your board.

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Huge congrats to Togores! A bit belated, I know, but I haven't been on the source in a while. I just watched that final, what a masterful match! I'm glad that such a powerful moment is recorded.
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

Re: [DTB] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Wow, that was quick. Back in DTB.

Mar 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden

Re: [DTB] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

How should I play/sequence in order to beat grixis Delver? A friend of mine recently built it and I'm currently 2-X against it after a couple of hours of playtesting. I've also had trouble against it before he built it, but now I'm able to play test more. If it's of any relevance he's also a storm player (focusing more on high tide than ANT, but varying between the two).

Should I mulligan more aggressively? Towards what? How do you approach the matchup?

Thread Information