Page 108 of 313 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 6252

Thread: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Re: [DTB] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

You are not boarding Decay vs. UWR Delver? Chain is infinitely worse than Decay.

Fun fact: there are as many fetches in the deck as there are artifact mana sources.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Why would you board in decay against UWR Delver? Meddling Mage? RIP? Both get dealt with with chain, and MM with massacre which is fine to bring in against them. Having to fetch a green dual to cast a double colored spell against a wasteland deck seems miserable
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

I usually board in 2 Decays against UWR. Having a way to fight their disruption that can't get Pyroblasted can be pretty valuable.

Since we are on the subject: How do you guys deal with team America?
    I can't seem to figure out the game plan there. If I try to go out too fast I get fowed. If I try to play the late game plan, tourach and shaman stop me also. Even post SB idk what to do, since swarm isn't good enough against them,and is the only card besides an occasional CoV I can imagine siding in.

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Royce Walter View Post
    I usually board in 2 Decays against UWR. Having a way to fight their disruption that can't get Pyroblasted can be pretty valuable.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

jungle lion, good?...
    Mar 2010
    Isla de luzón de filipinas

Quote Originally Posted by kkkant View Post
    I can't seem to figure out the game plan there. If I try to go out too fast I get fowed. If I try to play the late game plan, tourach and shaman stop me also. Even post SB idk what to do, since swarm isn't good enough against them,and is the only card besides an occasional CoV I can imagine siding in.
    Save your discard spells for his counters. Do not worry about his discard spells, these help your cabal ritual in reaching threshold; and besides you have PIF for you to recycle the relevant spells later on. And btw, drop all your LEDs and petals so that you will have extra gas when executing the PIF loop. ^_^
    TJB

http://deartiyopaeng.blogspot.com/ <---- (updated) MTG related blog. ^_^

TES: 102nd out of 2000 players at GP Kyoto 2015 (Legacy)

UR Storm: 37th of 950 players at GP Guangzhou 2016 (Modern)

Quote Originally Posted by paeng4983 View Post
    Save your discard spells for his counters. Do not worry about his discard spells, these help your cabal ritual in reaching threshold; and besides you have PIF for you to recycle the relevant spells later on. And btw, drop all your LEDs and petals so that you will have extra gas when executing the PIF loop. ^_^
    Yes, that's my usual strategy, but there's when shaman gets really important. Not to mention if they have 2. If they go off without him it's much more easier.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Royce Walter View Post
    I don't have much experience in the MU. I just didn;t think you would need it. What do they bring in? RIP/Meddling Mage/Flusterstorm?
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I don't have much experience in the MU. I just didn;t think you would need it. What do they bring in? RIP/Meddling Mage/Flusterstorm?
    There are two types of hate permanents: ones that just stop you from winning (Leyline of Sanctity), and ones that mess up with progressing your normal plan of cantripping, building up your graveyard, and finally pushing through their stack disruption. Against the latter actually dealing with them goes a long way towards making you able to win a game that goes on for a lot of turns. This is why I'm not partial to cards like Wipe Away and Hurkyl's Recall, and tend to be more willing to rely on Abrupt Decay.

Regarding Team America: if you have an Empty, board it in. Board out some amount of hand disruption, since it quickly becomes dead if discard is their primary form of interaction. Cards like Carpet go a long way towards making you able to combo off from a low resource base. Basically, have the highest impact cards you can in your deck, and don't board out any cantrips.

Also, boarding in Xantid Swarm is fine against Delver decks if it looks like they've overloaded on stack interaction. Generally for me to do it, I have to see Flusterstorm + more counterspells that they've clearly boarded in over all of their removal. I'm pretty hesitant to bring it in against BUG decks in general because they may still have Liliana to deal with it, but if you see a lot of Stifle/Spell Pierce/Flusterstorm in game 2 in place of Hymn/IoK/Thoughtseize/Liliana, go for it.

This sunday will be a big tournament here in Argentina (last one i finished 2nd with Storm), and I'm planning to attend with this list, although im a bit unsure about some SB choicess:

My main doubt regarding the SB is between Confi and Surgical. My biggest concern is combo, since this version is a little slower and better positioned vs miracles than the regular one, im thinking Surgical may be the way to go (dredge is really trending here).
    Deluge could be a pyroclasm, but i like it isnt color demanding at it can hit a teeg no questions asked.
    About the discard split, since im a little slower but not so life dependant, i can afford to MD the 2 seizes, specially since hatebears are a bigger problem G1.

Any opinions will be well recieved! :)
    MD
    - Badlands, another B comes handy but R also
    - EtW needs 4 therapy, no excuses, Thoughseize is fine I have a 2/1 split, could be the other was or just 1/1

SB
    - agree on Mox, other G source would be just better, but I'm not sure how relevant is 2 Xantid Swarm - I think MU where you want it you want it soon, so 3. is a minimum, 2 is kind of TES number
    - 2 AD is low, you're really low on cards vs. Miracles, I suggest 3rd and a Pyroblast as a consideration - very flexible as a counter/killspell
    - if Dredge is the suspect, SE is great, otherwise Extirpate (or split) has better application against Reanimator/Sneak and Show, usable vs. Miracles

- I think Ad Nauseam is ok vs. Miracles, but the role is very different, it's simply a lategame draw X mustcounter

Why would you board in decay against UWR Delver? Meddling Mage? RIP? Both get dealt with with chain, and MM with massacre which is fine to bring in against them. Having to fetch a green dual to cast a double colored spell against a wasteland deck seems miserable

I found kill their relevant guys good strategy, 2 Massacre, 2 pyroblast, 2 AD, it wasn't close w Cruise, it's not close now ... as noted CoV does really poor job vs Pyroblast and when it's clear you need to resolve it or die (which turn is bounce usualy cast)

hard, depends on version, I have just Needle for them, I'm fine as long as there is no extensive GY hate, Dark Confidant + Surgical Extraction is probably the worst... 2 local players play 4C Tempo with SB Nihil Spellbombs, that is very unpleasant and I find myself losing often... EtW is best bet

Jul 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Just in case some of you missed it, we are hosting another Danish Legacy Masters (DLM) in Copenhagen on the 17th of May this year. It will also function as a trial for GP Lille

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...y-Masters-2015
    You can follow me on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/MartinFSNielsen

Quote Originally Posted by nevilshute View Post
    Just in case some of you missed it, we are hosting another Danish Legacy Masters (DLM) in Copenhagen on the 17th of May this year. It will also function as a trial for GP Lille

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...y-Masters-2015
    I'm following the page and hope to make it this time

What a lovely sunday.

I went to a legacy tournament today in Tokyo (Ikebukuro at the so called "Big Magic Store")
    I took my Deck from 2 weeks before,you can find the decklist above in this thread. Plus i made a few changes, namely + preordain + swamp + rain of filth - thoughtseize - bayou - lotus petal.

We only need discard against delverdecks and controldecks, but as you all know legacy is not all about those 2 archetypes. You often get paired against midrange decks like shardless bug, jund or death and taxes where the 7th discard spell is undesired. Another preordain came in to make the deck more fluent.

Because there is no Ad Nauseam in the deck anymore i cut the 4th lotus petal for a rain of filth which is basically the 5th dark ritual. It enables 2 things: fast ******** for your cabal rituals and a lot of mana for a tutor chain win.

Swamp came in for Bayou because RUG Delver is Tier 1 again.

The tournament started with only 26 players but because of the high entrance fee the prizes were brilliant: An german fwb UNderground Sea NM- for the winner and a revised Byou Ex for the second.

Long story short,this is my tournament record:

2:0 Mud Post

My opponent played a interesting version with expedition map to search for cloudposts i guess.
    I had the 1 off burning wish in my hand and put 12 goblins on the board on turn 1.
    Then he cracked expedition map and searched for.......tabernacle of pendrel vale
    obviously.Didn't expect that in a mud deck.
    But i he was unable to find a creature so i reassembled a game winnning hand a won via pif loop.
    The next game i won on turn 2 after some cantrippin.

2:0 RUG Delver

I love to play against RUG Delver because every pilot claims that RUG Delver is really favoured here. Erm...no? ;D
    Both games i kept a hand with many lands and finished him both games with tutor chains.
    Rain of filth was huge as it generated +4 mana during game 2!

2:0 Jund

Nothing special here, both Ad Nauseam and Past in Flames don't give a shit on discard.

2:1 omnitell

again,even against omnitell 6 discard apells are enough. Remember that we have xantid swarms for additional preotection.

Final: 2:1 Pox

I made 14 goblins during game 2, he top decked his one off toxic deluge he still had in his deck.
    But otherwise a deck i want to face each round.

50 and victory

Look what i got, this beauty and goblin tokens from the store.
    I really enjoy the time here in Tokyo and i look really forward to the Legacy GP Kyoto in April.

Come around guys !

greetings
    Kai

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Do you guys find yourselves not needing a Bob/Pyromancer type of threat to bring in against miracles? I've tried both and they've been pretty mediocre and those slots could really be something more useful. Maybe I'd go up to a 3rd Decay and a couple of bolts or something. Meddling Mage has been pretty good lately against me and having varied removal that is cheap to kill off bears seems good. My current SB

2 Decay
    3 Xantid Swarm
    2 Massacre
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Ad Nauseam
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    2 Chain of Vapor
    3 Young Pyromancer

If I added a bolt or two I'd probably cut back on a massacre as well and go to Maybe a Pyroblast or two? Also how has the Misers burning wish been for those that play it?

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Burning Wish does what it's supposed to do - protect you against Extraction effects on your Tendrils and not losing to a single Deathrite Shaman in case you have to discard it. It also makes Ad Nauseam slightly better, because in contrast to Infernal, you don't need to have an LED to get Tendrils.
    I'm not entirely sure if it's worth it for me anymore, but that might have to do that BUG decks are seriously underplayed over here.

Also, I would play Sudden Shock again before touching Lightning Bolt. They kill all the same things, but one won't ever be countered.

deckstats.net archive

Quote Originally Posted by sawatarix View Post
    What a lovely sunday.
    Congrats! 5round standings is so spike.... german Sea magnetism

still no EtW, interesting

Do you guys find yourselves not needing a Bob/Pyromancer type of threat to bring in against miracles? I've tried both and they've been pretty mediocre and those slots could really be something more useful. Maybe I'd go up to a 3rd Decay and a couple of bolts or something. Meddling Mage has been pretty good lately against me and having varied removal that is cheap to kill off bears seems good. My current SB

2 Decay
    3 Xantid Swarm
    2 Massacre
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Ad Nauseam
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    2 Chain of Vapor
    3 Young Pyromancer

If I added a bolt or two I'd probably cut back on a massacre as well and go to Maybe a Pyroblast or two? Also how has the Misers burning wish been for those that play it?
    I don't play creatures againt Miracles for ~year and I don't thing I need that, sadly most expect at least Xantid Swarm which randomly blanks other creatures ... Pyroblast is very good if you expect UWR to show up, it attacks Miracles, S+T, UWR from unexpected angle and is even better if playing SDT

I 4:0 last lgs with Dark Confidant for fun build but I'm very sceptical about creatures because once the tech is known you get into serious trouble as most of the SB is just air

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

I have tested empty a few times and have had no good times with them. Or being not worth sidding. Or every time I would just tendrills my opp. Or I dosnt matter if empty or tendrills none of both where good. The obly good plan with empty is when u draw it naturaly. Wich is a bit meh.
    I also usualy dont side as plan A creatures vs miracles but I do depending on my opp and how I think he will side.

Mar 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Jona View Post
    Burning Wish does what it's supposed to do - protect you against Extraction effects on your Tendrils and not losing to a single Deathrite Shaman in case you have to discard it. It also makes Ad Nauseam slightly better, because in contrast to Infernal, you don't need to have an LED to get Tendrils.
    I'm not entirely sure if it's worth it for me anymore, but that might have to do that BUG decks are seriously underplayed over here.

Also, I would play Sudden Shock again before touching Lightning Bolt. They kill all the same things, but one won't ever be countered.
    Burning wish has been really good in my experience, giving me a second tendrils when I didn't have enough business for a natural storm count that'd do it.

Also, just to be a stickler, sudden shock could be countered by counterbalance, the only target for it'd probably be Snapcaster beats though...

Quote Originally Posted by Togores View Post
    I have tested empty a few times and have had no good times with them. Or being not worth sidding. Or every time I would just tendrills my opp. Or I dosnt matter if empty or tendrills none of both where good. The obly good plan with empty is when u draw it naturaly. Wich is a bit meh.
    I also usualy dont side as plan A creatures vs miracles but I do depending on my opp and how I think he will side.
    I disagree, IT->EtW is great T1/T2 (note that Kai does not play Ad Nauseam MD) against most decks and in fact I kill most Miracles players with EtW postboard especially, on the other hand I haven't explored something like 3x EtW as a SB plan vs. Miracles (to narrow imo)

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Years ago when I tested the timo gp wining list I played 3 etw sb vs canadian. Sidding 2 of them in because they are so good. Was ok but not great.

Thread Information