Page 170 of 313 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 6252

Thread: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Re: [DTB] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

I thought so earlier too (hence my last post). Looking at Ovino's website however, it seems that Cryptic Command is actually supposed to be Dark Confidant. Look at Guido Citino's list.

Ovino Legacy Top 8 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro95 View Post
    I thought so earlier too (hence my last post). Looking at Ovino's website however, it seems that Cryptic Command is actually supposed to be Dark Confidant. Look at Guido Citino's list.

Ovino Legacy Top 8 2015
    Oh I see, now it makes sense (too bad I was hoping for some crazy tech ).

Feb 2014
    Germany

hey guys, which is our best card vs miracles?

Quote Originally Posted by index View Post
    Traditionally decay.

Quote Originally Posted by index View Post
    I'm going with Tendrils. :P

Bryant Cook

Caleb Scherer​'s first article for theepicstorm.com:

http://www.theepicstorm.com/from-ant-to-tes/

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post

Congratulations.
    No reason to spam this here.
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

I don't mind the post. It's helpful to get the insight and it's "storm." The 2 decks seem to improve with discussions that examine the components and their function. I have to admit that the article is rather short and on the surface though.

Especially since the topic is aimed at ANT players.

Agreeing with CabalTherapy.

The fact that the reason for switching to TES (DTT) is now obsolete, makes this "article" even more senseless.
    Nothing gained reading this.
    Currently looking for (only within Europe):
    4 Russian INFERNAL TUTOR (nm, non-foil)
    4 Russian MISTY RAINFOREST (nm, non-foil)

If you have any of those cards or know someone who is maybe willing to trade/sell, please pm me!

MTGO: ilCannone

Hey guys, I have two questions.

One, does this deck just fold to MUD or Stompy decks with Trinisphere or Chalice?

Why this deck over TES? I was interested in playing Storm and everyone locally says to play TES since it is faster. But, that deck isn't a DTB. Why is this one the current DTB? Thanks!

@Windmill

If you are prepared for MUD decks and have 2-3 Hurkyl's Recall or Rebuild in your ANT deck, you'll be fine. If you don't you might just need to mulligan more aggressively for duress or fast kills. Chain of Vapor and Abrupt Decay are okay here but they each have their weakness. Chain can't get through chalice on one and Decay needs you to perfectly fetch your wastelandable green source on endstep and then untap and go off. Often by the time you can decay something they have multiple hate pieces in play.

The big difference in the two decks is the lines of play the decks are built to use better:
    -turn 1-2 Ad Nauseam kills - TES
    -turn 1-2 Empty the warrens kills - TES
    -turn 3-4 Past in flames kills - ANT
    -turn 3-4 Natural count to ten kills - ANT

ANT usually executes its combo with perfect information in the midgame allowing it to abuse threshold and TES often plays the odds in the early game to avoid seeing hate cards or getting a low life total.

Find out how you like to win the game and you'll know which deck to play.

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Windmill View Post
    Why this deck over TES? I was interested in playing Storm and everyone locally says to play TES since it is faster. But, that deck isn't a DTB. Why is this one the current DTB? Thanks!
    There are certainly some points which make ANT the superior storm deck. Apart from what has been said already, the most important thing is that TES doesn't play Past in Flames main. Undoubtedly, it is
    the best engine card available in Legacy and not playing it main is a crime. In addition, TES's manabase is abysmally bad. Three colours, one basic, 13 lands provide a struggle through every Tempo MU (but of course, TES wins always
    on turn 1 or 2. sure thing..., no lands needed at all). Also ANT is more streamlined which is good because you have your 3 ways of winning and most of the time killing lines won't be that difficult to notice. On the other hand, speaking from my play experience with this pile of TES, you will have to figure out how to win from the start, cantrip aggressively and sometimes fold to a Wasteland, a stranded hand or too much preasure.

You have to ask yourself if you want to drive a full-pimp monstertruck or a shaky dirt buggy.
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

Aug 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post

Excellent trolling, I love it.

Also, honestly, it is completely appropriate to post this here and while its not ground breaking it is more valuable than the majority of posts in this thread. I appreciated the point of view of TES from an ANT pilot's perspective.

Haha :) thank you guys. Glad to here this deck doesn't fold to MUD after sideboard (I don't mind sideboard in for it in my local meta) and I am glad to hear it has multiple lines of play to get around graveyard hate. Will try to find some good primers so I can learn the deck.

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Hello again.
    Sorry for the delay but I had to write the vintage report for our team page because I won the vintage tournament at the ovino.
    So the legacy part had to wait.

I decided to play a md nauseam list with 2 tendrills. At the end the double tendrills was not good enought but that happens when you have no time to test after a ban list.

1 Ad Nauseam
    1 Past in flames
    2 Tendrils of Agony
    4 Infernal tutor

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Gitaxian probe
    2 Preordain

3 Cabal therapy
    4 Duress

4 Dark ritual
    4 Cabal ritual
    4 Lion's eye diamond
    4 Lotus petal

4 Polluted delta
    4 Misty rainforest
    2 Underground sea
    1 Volcanic island
    1 Tropical island
    1 Bayou
    1 Island
    1 Swamp

SIDEBOARD:

4 Abrupt decay
    3 Xantid swarm
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Krosan grip
    2 Massacre
    1 Sensei divining top
    2 Echoing truth

Round 1 death blade
    G1 I resolve a nauseam and kill him showing that I play 2 tendrills md.
    G2 vendilion + counters get me.
    G3 Was one of the COOL games. He starts on discarting my tutor and surgicaling it. After some more things, a masacre on his guys he is at 13 life. I end up needing to go of. And draw with a gitaxian the tendrills. He has a negate up and i end up casting a tendrills for 7 storm. Just to kill him. He didnt want to play the negate on a copy and concedes. Nice game (:

Round 2 infect
    G1 I natural tendrills him and win passing his daze, pierce and forcing thru a stifle. Forcing to use his mana before.
    G2 double invigorate is cool
    G3 He had gitaxian me turn 1. And I drew flusterstorm. Got his 2 invigorates with my flusterstorm turn 3 because he didnt liked to pass priority against my lone island.

Round 3 Ant
    G1 he mulls and a discard from him and one fron me makes him unable to win in the next turns. So I win
    G2 I pif him after getting 3 cabal rituals of a therapy.

Round 4 miracles
    G1 his hand is top, balance, fow. He forces my duress on his balance and I never recover.
    G2 I grind his balances and tops with decays and end up winning.
    G3 were i time out and I can win if he dosnt have another snapcaster of fow (hardcaststed) on top of his library where if he has it I loose. So I select to get a draw and dont risk to loose because ods is that he has a counter is hight. At the end he had double fow on top.

Round 5 junk most awesome game.
    G1 he plays a discard on my drainstorm instead of infernal. And plays a lili. This allows me to discard the tendrills and get hellbent to go of.
    G2 this is a real awesome game.
    He has:
    25 life
    2 confidant
    rest in peace
    Deathrite shaman with batterskull.

My hand is:
    2 cabal ritual (no *****)
    1 dark ritual
    2 lotus petal
    4 lands or so.
    3 life!!!!!!
    I rip ad nauseam and I die next turn, so I have to got for it even its like no chance I win. But, why not.
    So storm 6
    Cast my things. Reveal:
    Delta
    Brainstorm (2 life)
    Dark ritual (1 life)
    I do some math and get to the conclusion that im short and have to risk it.
    Land
    LED (1 life).
    I do more math.
    Cast brainstorm of petal and find:
    Infernal
    Tendrills
    Pif.
    I have just 7 mana in pool casting the ritual and cracking the led.
    So i infernal for tendrills and storm for 11. Thats 22 life.
    Pasa turn.
    My opponent reveals for his confidant:
    Hymn
    Bam 1 life.
    Im on the edge of my seat.
    Second confidant inquisition
    Bam GG
    I feel like the luckiest guy in the room. This all with like 15 guys looking.
    Was just fun.

The next 2 rounds was a loss against miracles. Where the 1st was if she dosnt have a fow as 3rd cars of his sensei (the unknown) I win. Obviusly there was a fow there. And g1 she won because she had no card in hand, no mana, and a top. I went of and she had a daze I didnt expected.

The other miracle round was like he has to find blue card and fow with his brainstorm. Because he has land and no more mana in hand. He finds it and I loose.

Then bug delver also beats me, because I was never able to force his stifle when I had a natural storm. Even beeing low on lands and cracking a fetch that make me shuffle with a brainstorm.

So this ended here. Now I think I would play more krossan grip, the card just seemed really fine and I want more. Also would cut the tendrills and play the top main.

So guys, until next storm day!

Jun 2010
    Italy

Hi guys, considering the slight shift in the metagame I want to ask all of you if going back to 2/3 burning wishes maindeck could have some merits. I see a comeback of surgical effects and burning wish (on paper) seems to be a solution to threat density against discard, to surgical extraction on tendrils/infernal, to hatebears maindeck (having access to removals and board-sweapers like massacre).
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    Hi guys, considering the slight shift in the metagame I want to ask all of you if going back to 2/3 burning wishes maindeck could have some merits. I see a comeback of surgical effects and burning wish (on paper) seems to be a solution to threat density against discard, to surgical extraction on tendrils/infernal, to hatebears maindeck (having access to removals and board-sweapers like massacre).
    What do you think?
    I think if you want to play Burning Wish storm, playing TES seems to be a more natural solution than going back to a TNT hybrid of sorts.

What do you think?
    Am I missing something? I thought increased hatebear count was induced by Omnitell omnipresence to the point Miracles also played it, even Surgical Extraction which was rarely played there before, I understand dangerous reminiscence of previous metagame (like the subconscious believe that "bears" work if it worked before) but why would the count increase? W hatebear count shoud be the same like year before (+Wingmare isn't an argument), I don't really understand SE as a GY hate of of choice other than being good against Ant

What do you think?
    Still running my list from page 159, with recall/rebuild instead of chains.

Thread Information