Page 188 of 313 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 6252

Thread: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Oct 2013
    Berlin

Re: [DTB] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Quote Originally Posted by Sloshthedark View Post
    Thanks, the duals are altered Unlimited though...

Thanks, damn I'm still missing on jap foil CoV =/ also the Alpha Bolts have risen in price a bit, I'll never finish the set...
    Nonetheless, it's a sick deck, Martin. Wonderful.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

"Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    So dismissive.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    This thread is great. I've been able to save so much money on seasoning! Whenever I'm eating something bland, I just wander over here to borrow some of the infinite salt.

Haven't played Magic in months because of work/job/etc, but probably getting back into some Legacy now. Thanks to nevilshute for those videos, very nice to watch while I do some work!

Jul 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Patrunkenphat7 View Post
    Haven't played Magic in months because of work/job/etc, but probably getting back into some Legacy now. Thanks to nevilshute for those videos, very nice to watch while I do some work!
    Heyo Wilson, glad to see you are still alive! I hope to keep making videos in the coming weeks/months if time/energy allows for it On that note, what are the chances of some more podcast episodes? Is that completely dead now?

I think I'm going to be heading back to my old 3 storm / 2 past in flames build with Ad Nauseam in the sideboard. It's been fun casting main deck Ad Naseaums but nothing has really changed my overall view on the card's place in the deck, the way I play it anyway. I have a great deal of respect for the results Caleb Scherer has been putting up but I guess it comes down to playstyle and temperament as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nevilshute View Post
    Heyo Wilson, glad to see you are still alive! I hope to keep making videos in the coming weeks/months if time/energy allows for it On that note, what are the chances of some more podcast episodes? Is that completely dead now?

I think I'm going to be heading back to my old 3 storm / 2 past in flames build with Ad Nauseam in the sideboard. It's been fun casting main deck Ad Naseaums but nothing has really changed my overall view on the card's place in the deck, the way I play it anyway. I have a great deal of respect for the results Caleb Scherer has been putting up but I guess it comes down to playstyle and temperament as well.
    Hey man, the plan is to start back on the podcast this semester. We are also thinking about streaming some Storm with commentary, just downloaded some streaming software. We were bummed about not being able to do much last semester, but Paul's first semester in medical school coupled my work/family commitments made it really hard to find mutual time to do it. Thanks a ton for the videos, enjoyed listening to/watching them yesterday while I worked!

Edit: By the way, has anyone tried doing Google hangouts as a method for discussing Legacy/Storm? We were thinking of trying this so that we could do a live interactive show where people can comment during the discussion. We would also record and post it. Just exploring different options for producing Legacy content.

Quote Originally Posted by meffeo View Post
    Nonetheless, it's a sick deck, Martin. Wonderful.
    thanks, buddy

I like what I read there, eagerly awaiting...

hangouts - no idea, never used it

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Edit: By the way, has anyone tried doing Google hangouts as a method for discussing Legacy/Storm? We were thinking of trying this so that we could do a live interactive show where people can comment during the discussion. We would also record and post it. Just exploring different options for producing Legacy content.
    Mind explaining what that is? #kiblergoogle
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Google Hangouts is basically a cloud version of Skype video chat.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Alexander View Post
    Mind explaining what that is? #kiblergoogle
    Basically the idea would be to stream a 3-way video call live with Phil, Paul, and me (Brainstorm Show cast) so that people can comment while we discuss various topics. We would record and then post the "show" so that anyone can watch after the fact.

Pros:
    -Interactive
    -Fluid
    -Visual makes things more entertaining

Cons:
    -Not as streamlined as a planned-out podcast episode
    -More difficult to figure out because we've never done it
    -Would basically be a complicated podcast episode if no one tuned in live or got involved in the chat

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Cons:
    -Not as streamlined as a planned-out podcast episode
    -Would basically be a complicated podcast episode if no one tuned in live or got involved in the chat
    Isn't it possible to just ask questions beforehand? I think a Storm FAQ would be great anyway, and it might also be helpful to do it periodically to keep up with current metagame evolutions.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Alexander View Post
    Isn't it possible to just ask questions beforehand? I think a Storm FAQ would be great anyway, and it might also be helpful to do it periodically to keep up with current metagame evolutions.
    Yeah for sure. We have done Q&A podcast episodes before which is certainly a fun option. For reference here is the Storm episode we did last year: http://www.thebrainstormshow.com/pod...-tendrils-ant/.

I was watching a Google Hangouts episode of a group of miniatures gamers which is where I got the idea. It's basically like streaming meets podcasting - we would be streaming a group discussion with an active chat and then later post the episode on YouTube or our website for people to view if they want to. This is just a thought for down the road if people think it would be fun or interesting. I talked to the guys this morning, and we are planning to record a podcast episode on Thursday night to hopefully get back into the groove (means the episode would probably be posted this weekend). I miss talking about Legacy and especially Storm!

hello i'm new player of storm and i have some questions for sideboard plans , i play strict maindeck and sideboard of Caleb scherer
    for repeal : 2 Dark Petition
    1 Past in Flames
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    2 Preordain
    1 Ad Nauseam
    4 Ponder
    4 Infernal Tutor
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Flooded Strand
    1 Bloodstained Mire
    3 Cabal Therapy
    4 Cabal Ritual
    1 Swamp
    2 Island
    3 Duress
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Rain of Filth
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Volcanic Island

Sideboard
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Disfigure
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    2 Xantid Swarm
    2 Chain of Vapor
    1 Cabal Therapy
    1 Rebuild
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Tropical Island

i ask you'r help for this mu

burn :
    -3 duress
    -3 cabal therapy
    -1 island
    -1 ad nauseam
    -1 gitaxian probe
    +3 abrupt decay
    + 2 disfigure
    + 1 tropical island
    + 1 tendrils of agony
    + 2 chain of vapor

uwr miracles
    -1 island
    -2 lotus petal
    -1 rain of fliths
    -2 cabal ritual
    -2 preordain
    -1 dark petition
    + 3 abrupt decay
    + 1 sylvan Library
    + 1 tropical island
    +1 cabal therapy
    +1 tendrils of agony
    + 2 xantid swarm

death and taxes
    -3 duress
    +2 chain of vapor
    + 1 cabal therapy

what do you think ? , i wait your responses , thanks :)

Quote Originally Posted by mechint View Post
    hello i'm new player of storm and i have some questions for sideboard plans , i play strict maindeck and sideboard of Caleb scherer
    for repeal

what do you think ? , i wait your responses , thanks :)
    first of all just delete the Sylvan library from your decklist, please... then:

Burn
    +3AD +2CoV +EtW +Trop, +CT, +ToA,
    -Island, -CR, -RoF, -LP, -GP, -1 Preordain, -Ad Nauseam ,-2 Duress

dropping discard means you're always in a reactive position and always shock yourself in front of Eidolon/Pillar, so I'd leave 4CT for sure... AD might not even have a target whole game, also Disfigure vs. Pillar, not good... discard usually buys you a turn at least

Miracles
    unclear, I'd agree with what is at your disposal +EtW, the Library might be actualy ok, but come on, I also don't lie XS but there is not much space for improvising... you can have a fast or more grindy setup... I'd leave all LP all Tutors, or SB out AN and all LP and won't ever go under 3CR

D+T
    +2 Disfigure +2CoV +CT +EtW
    -3Duress -CR -GP -Preordain

thanks for you response , i'm not sure for miracles , miracles play rest in peace after side and cabal ritual is not good versus rip :/

and versus tempo ( ***** , team america , grixis ... )
    -2 preordain
    -1 ad nauseam
    -2 dark petition
    -1 island
    -1 rains of fliths for
    + 2 swarm
    +1 cabal therapy
    +1 trop
    +1 tendrils
    +1 etw
    + 1 tropical island

Elves
    -2 preordain
    + 2 chain

Shardless
    -2 preodain
    -1 dp
    -1 petal
    -1 cabal ritual
    +2 chain
    +1 etw
    +2 disfigure

thank you for your patience, but I find it very hard sider with the deck :)

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

Dear Stormriders

Please tell me do you SBin flusterstorms vs Elves? I've found it useful in early game to protect my hand and counter fast order. But it is a dead card for rest of the deck except 17 cards. Dead draw in middle-lategame

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by OlegtheSuper View Post
    Dear Stormriders

Please tell me do you SBin flusterstorms vs Elves? I've found it useful in early game to protect my hand and counter fast order. But it is a dead card for rest of the deck except 17 cards. Dead draw in middle-lategame
    I just played my first (casual) matchup against Elves the other day. I lost both games, but game 1 I made a bit of a stupid call and went for EtW instead of Ad Nauseam. Lesson learned. It's a poor excuse, but I was a bit rusty after about a week of nofuntimes. (I'm counting the prerelease, in which I managed to pull THREE KOR KNIGHTS, AN ELDRAZI DO-NOTHING, AND A HEDRON ALIGNMENT. Thanks, Obama. At least I went 3-1 in Sealed.)

What about Sudden Shock? Seems like it gets around most of Wirewood Symbiote's shenanigans, but it feels too narrow to use in multiples. Any other thoughts? What about Mindbreak Trap? I'm curious about this matchup.

Jul 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Empty always comes out vs Elves for me. It's an unsustainable route most of the time.

I don't bring in countermagic vs elves

Empty always comes out vs Elves for me. It's an unsustainable route most of the time.

I don't bring in countermagic vs elves
    true, G1 is hard to win with EtW, G2 might be because their deck is diluted with discard but I'd stick to better Ad Nauseam ... I board in Ad Nauseam and +/- 2-3 bounce/sweeper/AD

Sudden shock? - never played it, but should be better than disfigure if you have 2R duals, I wouldn't care about Elves specifically while building a SB

Quote Originally Posted by mechint View Post
    thanks for you response , i'm not sure for miracles , miracles play rest in peace after side and cabal ritual is not good versus rip :/

thank you for your patience, but I find it very hard sider with the deck :)
    there is usualy only 0-2 Rip

Tempo - ok, but XS is not good vs discard, where AN might be decent and the 2nd Island is probably there because of such decks so I'd go up a land

Elves - I'd add disfigure

Shardless +/- ok, depends if they splash W, I'd leave 4 LP, EtW might (not) be good I'd play it onplay or G3

- note that there is no general guide (unless Caleb has some), your own experience and critical view on your game is your best guide... I haven't created the list, I wouldn't play it, just writing down what I'd do if I were you

Aug 2010
    Seattle, WA

Yeah for sure. We have done Q&A podcast episodes before which is certainly a fun option. For reference here is the Storm episode we did last year: http://www.thebrainstormshow.com/pod...-tendrils-ant/.

I was watching a Google Hangouts episode of a group of miniatures gamers which is where I got the idea. It's basically like streaming meets podcasting - we would be streaming a group discussion with an active chat and then later post the episode on YouTube or our website for people to view if they want to. This is just a thought for down the road if people think it would be fun or interesting. I talked to the guys this morning, and we are planning to record a podcast episode on Thursday night to hopefully get back into the groove (means the episode would probably be posted this weekend). I miss talking about Legacy and especially Storm!
    There was a doomsday google hangout like 2 years ago I want to say?

was enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasDowd View Post
    There was a doomsday google hangout like 2 years ago I want to say?

was enjoyable
    Oh cool! Any idea if this was recorded and posted somewhere?

And to add to the above comments - I board out Empty vs Elves.

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

Because Elves seems to be playing Ruric Thar over Gaddock Teeg lately, maybe Deathmark is better than Disfigure?
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Thread Information