Page 105 of 313 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 6252

Thread: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Re: [DTB] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Blog post on the list.

Old thread.

TL;DR: Decks with permission suits based around countermagic have a hard time interacting with naturally drawn Tendrils, so it's generally better against them than trying to resolve Infernal Tutor / Ad Nauseam.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Jan 2015
    Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Jona View Post
    Blog post on the list.

Old thread.

TL;DR: Decks with permission suits based around countermagic have a hard time interacting with naturally drawn Tendrils, so it's generally better against them than trying to resolve Infernal Tutor / Ad Nauseam.
    So, this is the same idea as Grinding Station, yes? Just naturally build up a board with 8 lands and 7 cards in hand, then force through your Tendrils?

It seems like an inefficient use of sideboard slots to jam more copies of Tendrils/PiF just so you can beat Miracles, when you already can through other Abrupt Decay though.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
    So, this is the same idea as Grinding Station, yes? Just naturally build up a board with 8 lands and 7 cards in hand, then force through your Tendrils?

It seems like an inefficient use of sideboard slots to jam more copies of Tendrils/PiF just so you can beat Miracles, when you already can through other Abrupt Decay though.
    Abrupt Decay isn't an efficient answer to Miracles' plethora of counters and Top, though. Decay makes sure you don't lose to Counter-Top, and can break Karakas-Clique, but it can't help you beat a hand of counters.

Jan 2015
    Chicago

I'm not saying just with Abrupt Decay, you certainly still have discard/Xantid Swarm to help you out alongside it.

I'm not saying just with Abrupt Decay, you certainly still have discard/Xantid Swarm to help you out alongside it.
    Yes, I understand that. Discard + Tendrils is, imo, better against counters than discard + Swarm, though, since the opponent has a much harder time interacting with Tendrils than Swarm.

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

I'm sorry, but have you even read either of the links I posted?
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Exactly. Basically there is just one card that can beat grinding station: Flusterstorm.

So in easy words get rid of flusterstorm and that's pretty much it.
    Your comboturn has to start with discard spells to get rid of countermagic,then rituals and finally stormspell(s).

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by sawatarix View Post
    Exactly. Basically there is just one card that can beat grinding station: Flusterstorm.

So in easy words get rid of flusterstorm and that's pretty much it.
    Your comboturn has to start with discard spells to get rid of countermagic,then rituals and finally stormspell(s).

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Also Stifle to be fair ;)

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

@sawatarix
    I dindt wanted to just post your fb full of mtg stuff. So prefer to ask here.
    You played 3 obsesive research. Also mentioned greta sinergy with cabal therapy.
    Why u did this? Only against liliana and if they cath it with hymn? Its not just 1 mana draw vs all other decks? I know some combo with led but dosnt seem so good. Excepto if y bs let tutor on top crack led and draw into the card.
    Can u explain bit more?

You mean my decklist from the Big magic Open Series in Yokohama/Japan?

click here: http://www.sanc.jp/bmo03/legacy/17.html

On 37th you will find my decklist with 3 obsessive research in the maindeck. These are simply mistakes :D
    Should have been Duress.

You also get an idea of the metagame in tokyo right now so check it out !

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Ok!
    Hahaha
    You usualy test weird cards so I wanted to know why this. And because it has sone sinergy as I told was not a craze idea. Also I saw there is not much discard there. Lots of delver and elves.

Dear ANT buddies, a bit off-topic, but. I have been traveling in Eastern Europe for some days now, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova and am currently in Romania. Going to Hungary tomorrow before Slovakia, Tsjekkia, Germany, Denmark, Norway. Do you know if there are any sunday legacy tournaments in those countries? It would be nice to meet some of you (preferably if you live on my route). Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    So, you basically got high and bailed out of a hospital so that you could play ANT and drop while undefeated.

That's some hardcore shit.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Rokkastut View Post
    Dear ANT buddies, a bit off-topic, but. I have been traveling in Eastern Europe for some days now, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova and am currently in Romania. Going to Hungary tomorrow before Slovakia, Tsjekkia, Germany, Denmark, Norway. Do you know if there are any sunday legacy tournaments in those countries? It would be nice to meet some of you (preferably if you live on my route). Cheers
    I don't know about sunday tournaments, but on Saturday, there are enough tournaments in Germany. Every 1st/3rd Saturday in Berlin and like every Saturday in the south triangle of Germany Munich/Nürnberg/Ingolstadt for example. There are enough Sourcers in Germany or Denmark to pick you up
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Sunday tournaments are rare in Germany because stores generally aren't allowed to sell cards on Sundays. This week, there will be Legacy & Modern in Bottrop though, and http://www.trader-online.de/ host their tournaments on Sundays. You shouldn't go there for Legacy unless you really, really want to play though. In Dortmund, there is a weekly Legacy Tournament on Tuesdays, between 10-20 players usually. Sunday March 8th will also see Legacy in Bochum, which is my favourite tournament to go to because the atmosphere is always pretty cool. Feel free to PM me if you're interested in any of these.

deckstats.net archive

There is a small legacy tournament in Kassel this Sunday. About average 10 to 13 people.

Sep 2010
    Warsaw, Poland

In Poland it very depends where you stay for example in Warsaw there is a small group of legacy player 10-16 ppl playing almost each week. Same for other big cities - if you planing to play some tournament you should check mtgnews.pl/forum/ it's probably best place about Poland MtG you can easy use translator to read it or ask in English.

Quote Originally Posted by sawatarix View Post
    You mean my decklist from the Big magic Open Series in Yokohama/Japan?

click here: http://www.sanc.jp/bmo03/legacy/17.html

On 37th you will find my decklist with 3 obsessive research in the maindeck. These are simply mistakes :D
    Should have been Duress.

You also get an idea of the metagame in tokyo right now so check it out !
    how many players attended?

+I love deck 48. =D .... 3 Brainstorm and 1 Infernal tutor

Quote Originally Posted by Rokkastut View Post
    Nothing in Czech republic, I have a totaly free weekend once - there is 0 legacy obv.

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Ended today top 4 with ANT in my monthly legacy league. 58 ppl loosing vs golddiger of my friend who won the event.
    If interest I will write decklist (with all the weird card choices included a spell atributed to Drafna).

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Quote Originally Posted by Togores View Post
    Ended today top 4 with ANT in my monthly legacy league. 58 ppl loosing vs golddiger of my friend who won the event.
    If interest I will write decklist (with all the weird card choices included a spell atributed to Drafna).
    I would always expect the result from Europe, since the result of scg weekly legacy tournament, at least for me, is dubious enough to get any conclusion.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Hello all. First time poster here. I apologize if this has been discussed already, I did not read all 105 pages of the thread

I wanted to ask about Carpet of Flowers. I simply don't understand why it is regularly cited as a go to sideboard card vs RUG delver.
    1) It forces you to fetch a nonbasic, meaning you are playing into wasteland.
    2) They can often Daze their lands back to hand, and then not even replay them depending on the situation.

I was in a tourney last week, on the draw. Mull to 6, kept a 1 lander.
    Him: Delver, pass.
    Me: Fetch, Trop, Carpet, pass.
    Him: Wasteland, kill trop, Ponder, pass.
    Me: No lands, generate 1 mana from carpet, cast ponder, he dazes (Carpet now generates no mana).
    Him: Sits back on delver and me with no lands.

Am I just looking at this from too narrow a perspective?
    Can someone explain some game situations in which the card is worth the sideboard slot?
    Do you also board it in place of lotus petal against blue control decks in which the game typically can go longer?

Can someone also explain Defense Grid over Xantid Swarm? Is this just a personal preference/metagame call?

Swarm Pros:
    Grid is not killed by common removal (which generally, but not always, is boarded out against you)
    Swarm comes down a turn earlier (very important vs reanimator and S&T)
    Swarm cannot be spell pierced

Grid Pros:
    Affects all instant speed spells, not just countermagic
    Does not die to swords/bolts
    Does not require fetching of a forest land

Thanks all.

Thread Information