Page 224 of 313 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 6252

Thread: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Re: [DTB] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

This card does nothing against us...

Its worser than the other hatebears, play massacre and race them. Thats the plan ^^

I don't think it does literally nothing, but you're right in that it doesn't hurt us as much as all the 2 drop hatebears they have. Having our nonbasics etb tapped is pretty annoying though, and being aware of the card doesn't hurt, that's all I'm saying. Say you have a fetch and a basic in your hand and they're about to hit 3 mana. Usually you'd be fine playing the basic first and keep the fetch for later, but in this case it would be safer to play out the fetch and keep the basic in hand.

Aug 2015
    Norcal

Hey storm dudes.

I'm looking to piece together an ANT deck to play for fun as a second deck.

There seems to be quite a bit of variance between the lists. Can anyone point me to a good stock 75 for a person new to the deck?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytron View Post
    Hey storm dudes.

There seems to be quite a bit of variance between the lists. Can anyone point me to a good stock 75 for a person new to the deck?
    Take any. Most lists vary about 3-4 cards essentially, with the pilot choosing Dark Petitions, SDTs, Preordains, additional PIF or storm spells in the respective slots
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Thanks for all the replies on the burn match, I wasn't expecting so much detail. I know the match isn't especially complicated, but when there's THAT MUCH in the room (7 of 30ish people I was told later) I figured it was worth looking for more specifics. Luckily this week more of the regular legacy players showed up and there was a much greater variety of decks and I only played 'next' to burn.

I've been such a huge fan of DP and SDT which is likely because of how I play the deck. I've been a control player for years and so I have a tendency to wait until I have all of my bases covered before I go off so I tend to end up with time to build up to them. Granted I'm still making minor tweaks here and there to find what I'm most comfortable with like going down a land, trying out city of solitude again, etc., while working to improve my game when I can. My biggest short coming that I'm trying to work on is knowing when it's correct to just cross my fingers and shove. The control player in me keeps screaming not to go in blind so this is rather difficult to get used to again, even after so much time playing similar combo decks in extended and what used to be called type 1.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Hey storm dudes.

Hello, Jaytron!

Lemnear's right; the core of AnT's main- and sideboard comprise almost an entire 75. Things that vary a bit are land count, number/configuration of business spells, and sideboard answers for non-Miracles hate.

Double-Petition builds are easy to learn but they're a bit less resilient than double-PiF or multi-Tendrils builds. I hope that helps!
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Aug 2015
    Norcal

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Take any. Most lists vary about 3-4 cards essentially, with the pilot choosing Dark Petitions, SDTs, Preordains, additional PIF or storm spells in the respective slots
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    Hello, Jaytron!

Lemnear's right; the core of AnT's main- and sideboard comprise almost an entire 75. Things that vary a bit are land count, number/configuration of business spells, and sideboard answers for non-Miracles hate.

Double-Petition builds are easy to learn but they're a bit less resilient than double-PiF or multi-Tendrils builds. I hope that helps!
    Thanks guys! I'll dig around.

I've found that Togores seems to run a high amount of hate in decay and grip. He also runs flusterstorm in the board, which seems a but uncommon.

I'll try and hunt around for more stock looking lists. If Double Petition is better to start with, I may give that a try.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/433140#online Caleb's 60 looks like a good place to start, but it seems that the 3x Moxes in the board are more of a spicy try.

I think finding a 60 I want looks pretty easy, but everyone's SB seems to be all over the place!

Mar 2010
    Amsterdam

Thanks guys! I'll dig around.

I've found that Togores seems to run a high amount of hate in decay and grip. He also runs flusterstorm in the board, which seems a but uncommon.

I'll try and hunt around for more stock looking lists. If Double Petition is better to start with, I may give that a try.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/433140#online Caleb's 60 looks like a good place to start, but it seems that the 3x Moxes in the board are more of a spicy try.

I think finding a 60 I want looks pretty easy, but everyone's SB seems to be all over the place!
    I'll repeat a point made by Jona earlier in this topic: Start with a double PiF list. You'll learn better habits that way, even if they're harder to play.
    37th GP Ams'11 | 80th GP Stras '13 | 5th BoM Paris '13 | 12th GP Lille '15

Aug 2015
    Norcal

Quote Originally Posted by JamieW89 View Post
    I'll repeat a point made by Jona earlier in this topic: Start with a double PiF list. You'll learn better habits that way, even if they're harder to play.
    Something like this? http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/430215#online

Can the Flusterstorm be swapped for say a second Xantid Swarm?

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

I recommend this: http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=17541&iddeck=132001 (Old list but easy to find for me.)
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Aug 2015
    Norcal

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Alexander View Post
    I recommend this: http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=17541&iddeck=132001 (Old list but easy to find for me.)
    Thanks! Wow THREE dread of nights. LOL.

Is that a bit excessive?

Why is Ad Naus in the board instead of the main here?

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Also 3 dread are a minimum. Or 3-4 dread or 1-2 massacre. Other numbers are not worth. Depends how much u wanna invest on killing white creatures. Going down to 2 dread is not worth because you usualy need 2 to kill a canonist.

Also I dont like the pif and no nauseam list because they have a too much dificult life when opp starts with shaman and that games are just uphill all time.

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

This kind of deck should be fine for beginers.

http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=16210&iddeck=121083

Just slam an empty the warrens into the sb and may be change the 2nd top for a preordain.

Aug 2015
    Norcal

Quote Originally Posted by Togores View Post

Just slam an empty the warrens into the sb and may be change the 2nd top for a preordain.
    Thank you!

Beautiful win in Prague btw :D

I ran a 2 Chrome 1 Ad Nauseam sideboard back in the original Grinding Station. Makes Ad Nauseam better, allows you to go off earlier. Mox is massively underrated and even the first Mox makes a world of difference with Ad Nauseam. Not sure I'd like 3 copies as those guys had at some points, but 2 is definitely feasible. That being said, I have a new thing that I want to record some videos with within the next few weeks that I think does a very similar job better.
    Yeah I'm considering trying a Mox maindeck. I like going faster here because of the combo meta. Do you think 1 Mox + 2 PIF main is faster than 2 Dark Petition?

Went 4-0 in a local on Thursday, by the way. I played Togores' list.

2-0 Elves - went off blind both games not knowing what hate he had. He brought in Mindbreak Trap but didn't draw it.
    2-1 Omnitell - T2 Kill on the play against his Turn 2 RIP in hand Game 2.
    2-1 Grixis Delver - Turn 1 PIF loop on the draw against T1 DRS and his hand of 2 Wasteland, 1 Probe, 1 Therapy.
    2-0 Merfolk - His mana was awful game 1, and I stormed him out G2. He didn't draw his Chalices.
    Re: Eldritch Moon and Emrakul

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    You're right that the set symbol is a pretty big giveaway though, and it's not like anyone was expecting anything else after the last block. It's like they brought out Neil Pert and Alex Lifeson, then announced a "mysterious special guest" would be joining them. Well of course it's fucking Geddy Lee.

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Also I dont like the pif and no nauseam list because they have a too much dificult life when opp starts with shaman and that games are just uphill all time.
    It's not about which list is best for doing well, it's about which list is best for learning. 2/3 has massive advantages there for reasons Jamie pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by .Ix View Post
    Yeah I'm considering trying a Mox maindeck. I like going faster here because of the combo meta. Do you think 1 Mox + 2 PIF main is faster than 2 Dark Petition?
    Don't have all my data anymore, but 2 Petition 1 Ad Nauseam is the fastest version by far. Not sure if this was with Mox or Rain, but without the need to cast discard spells, the deck wins by turn two 40-45% of the time. It also has better Ad Nauseams than everything but 1 Ad Nauseam 1 Past in Flames 2 Tendrils 1 Mox.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I had a spicy game against Miracles today: Game 3, I boarded into the heavy grind build with 3 Toa and 2 Pif as the only business spells left in the deck. I was on the play with this hand: fetch, fetch, Probe, BS, CRitual, Petal, Petal. I started with fetch > go. My opponent plays Tundra > go. I drew ToA and fetched for Tropical > Brainstorm in my main phase of my second turn: Probe, Duress, Fluster. Fluster and Fetch on top > GP (storm 2): he showed me BS, Flusterstorm among some crap. I drew the fetch, played it > USea. GP (storm 3) > drew Critual > Duress (storm 4), my opponent used his BS in response (storm 5) and revealed air, so, Petal, Petal (storm 6,7), Critual, Critual (storm 8,9) >>> Toa for 20. That was a rather unusual outcome but after I drew ToA for the turn, I thought about natural storm but I admit that I was lucky that it actually worked that great.
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

Aug 2015
    Norcal

It's not about which list is best for doing well, it's about which list is best for learning. 2/3 has massive advantages there for reasons Jamie pointed out.
    Can either of you go over the pros/cons of the lists?

Why is 2x PiF better for learning? 2/3 I assume means 2 PiF 3 Tendrils.

Why is the second list better for doing well as a beginner?

Also.. I'm waiting for admittance to the storm boards.. is that forum still alive?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Can either of you go over the pros/cons of the lists?

Why is 2x PiF better for learning? 2/3 I assume means 2 PiF 3 Tendrils.

Why is the second list better for doing well as a beginner?

Also.. I'm waiting for admittance to the storm boards.. is that forum still alive?
    Jonathans list is geared for the long and grindy games like against Miracles where you can simply win by casting Storm spells like the 3 EtW and 3 ToA without being worried about FoW and Counterbalance as they can't handle 4cc spells or storm triggers (Flusterstoem aside). The second list is more a generic one with only 1 ToA/PIF in favor of more filtering (faster t.hold) for an unknown metagame which can contain D&T, combo and the like rather than plenty of slow, blue controldecks.

2x PIF has nothing to do with being beginner friendly, but with the number of business you need in the deck due to statistics. You can run Ad Nauseam, SDT, Dark Petition, etc instead, depending on the metagame, your build and such. Point is that 4 IT + 1 PIF only is often not enough to be found with your cantrips in a reasonable time, so pilots add additional business spells to increase the redundancy
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Don't have all my data anymore, but 2 Petition 1 Ad Nauseam is the fastest version by far. Not sure if this was with Mox or Rain, but without the need to cast discard spells, the deck wins by turn two 40-45% of the time. It also has better Ad Nauseams than everything but 1 Ad Nauseam 1 Past in Flames 2 Tendrils 1 Mox.
    Thank you for this, Jona. I have been on Rodrigo's lists for a while now but I will try the 2 Dark Petition build again. I might just try the Chrome Mox SB as well just to see how well it works.
    Re: Eldritch Moon and Emrakul

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    You're right that the set symbol is a pretty big giveaway though, and it's not like anyone was expecting anything else after the last block. It's like they brought out Neil Pert and Alex Lifeson, then announced a "mysterious special guest" would be joining them. Well of course it's fucking Geddy Lee.

Thread Information