Page 230 of 313 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 6252

Thread: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Re: [DTB] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Quote Originally Posted by Idionym View Post
    Help on sideboarding in general would be appreciated. I'm not married to this list, obviously, so if anyone would be willing to help me out with a sideboard/list and a general sideboarding guide that'd be awesome! Thanks!
    I'm not a Pro, but here are the basics:

—You're going to need 15 (maybe 16) lands in your 75. Bring in the sideboard land(s) against Miracles (to use green cards like Abrupt Decay, City of Solitude, or Krosan Grip) and against people who either tax our spells heavily or pull shenanigans on our lands (Chalice.dec, D&T, Maverick, Eldrazi, etc.?).
    —Sensei's Divining Top and green cards like Xantid Swarm and Carpet of Flowers are topics of debate, but they have various uses against a few control matchups.
    —Other control cards like Flusterstorm appear to be primarily for Miracles, but I don't have the experience to comment further.
    —Empty is for matchups in which a horde can race the opponent a reasonable portion of the time (non-Grixis Delvers, D&T, Mav). Really bad against other combo decks. Multi-Tendrils is mostly for Miracles and Burn.
    —Removal like Echoing Truth, Chain of Vapor, Disfigure, Hurkyl's Recall, and Massacre is for hate-permanents (Chalice of the Void, Deathrite Shaman, Leyline of Sanctity, Trinisphere, Thorn of Amethyst, Ethersworn Canonist, Thalia, Gaddock Teeg, Eidolon of the Great Revel), but not usually for beaters because they'll clock us too quickly for it to matter. Note that each of these choices has other applications that are worth understanding (e.g., Chain of Vapor plus mana-artifacts equals free storm count but clashes with Rain of Filth; Massacre's great against Elves, Goblins, and fast-tokens decks; Hurkyl's is great against MUD).
    —Chrome Mox is for speed, though I don't think it's a good idea to run more than one or two in a deck that's already got eight artifacts. Daze, added discards, and cards like Culling Scales have been discussed recently, but I haven't tested them and I don't know enough to give input on them.

I'm sure I've missed things or left them out. By all means, everyone, add further info if it's helpful!
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    I'm not a Pro, but here are the basics:

—You're going to need 15 (maybe 16) lands in your 75. Bring in the sideboard land(s) against Miracles (to use green cards like Abrupt Decay, City of Solitude, or Krosan Grip) and against people who either tax our spells heavily or pull shenanigans on our lands (Chalice.dec, D&T, Maverick, Eldrazi, etc.?).
    There a successful lists with 14 lands only. Its a matter of the reamining 75 how many one needs. With 3cc SB cards and with the grinding station layout, more lands are required. With several Preordains and without stuff like DP, additional PIF/ToA and the like, 14 lands are fine

—Other control cards like Flusterstorm appear to be primarily for Miracles, but I don't have the experience to comment further.
    Its primary to fight other, faster combo decks like Belcher or the Mirror
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Today won a big legacy event in spain (111 players) ended up winning YUHU!

Same list as the GP -1 krossan +1 city of solitude.

Bye? My opp didnt apeared
    Infect 2-0
    Grixis delver 2-1
    Infect 2-0
    Lands 2-0
    Draw
    Draw
    Top 8
    Lands 2-0
    Taxes 2-1
    Eldrazi 2-1
    G1 I discard his hate. He makes cavern go. I go of. He drew his 1off simian so he could play wraping waill to my combo.
    G2 I just win
    G3 he mulls to 4
    T1 chalice on 0
    T2 thorn
    T3 I decay the thorn and win on my t4 even having 3 mana stones in hand.

Yuhu
    Deck ran smooth and made some cool plays!

Quote Originally Posted by Togores View Post
    Same list as the GP -1 krossan +1 city of solitude.
    How did you like the city over the grip? Did you resolve it that often?

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

I only sb it vs grixis delver over the random preprdain I usualy have g2.

Wanted to test it but never drew it.

Also never faced other mathups where it was needed >.<

Hi storm brothers

I made top 4 in a 6 round tourney using the 2 pif and 1 top build.

rd 1 Miracles: 2-0
    rd 2 Elves: 2-1
    rd 3 UB Omnitell: 1-2
    rd 4 Infect: 2-1
    rd 5 Grixis Delver: 2-1
    rd 6 Dark Maverick: ID

quarters Miracles: 2-1
    g1: died to CB Top lock with mentor
    g2: Double tendrilsed him. The first tendrils had him down to 2, I could have stormed for 10, but opted not to cause he can force the last ritual which will not allow me to cast my lethal tendrils. Top decked a tendrils and flusterstormed his counter for it after a few turns.
    g3: Double tendrils again. Almost same scenario as g2, but I had around 4 storm for the 2nd tendrils rendering most of his counterspells useless.

semis: Aggro Loam: 0-2
    g1: chalice on 1 plus dark confidant killed me.
    g2: my tokens got tabernacled.

My sb is
    2 flusterstorn
    4 abrupt decay
    1 krosan grip
    1 cabal therapy
    1 Karakas
    2 tendrils
    1 empty the warrens
    2 echoing truth
    1 top

I tried Karakas here for the lulz just in case I face reanimator or omniscience. I got to use it against omniscience but my opponent show and telled into omniscience putting emrakul into play, so Karakas was useless. I used it against elves too, but the card had only minimal impact in the match up. I might just switch it for a surgical or some random D&T hate. Aggro loam really feels like a super bad matchup.

Let's keep making it rain!

Cheers
    Last edited by cheerios; 07-25-2016 at 04:57 AM.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by cheerios View Post
    I tried Karakas here for the lulz just in case I face reanimator or omniscience. I got to use it against omniscience but my opponent show and telled into omniscience putting emrakul into play, so Karakas was useless. I used it against elves too, but the card had only minimal impact in the match up. I might just switch it for a surgical or some random D&T hate. Aggro loam really feels like a super bad matchup.

Let's keep making it rain!
    Hi, Cheerios!

Thanks a lot for the tournament report! I have a quick question about your build: how many lands and Preordains/Tops were you running in the maindeck? Any additional accelerants on top of Dark Rit and Cab Rit?

Regarding Karakas, when you said you used it against Elves, were you referring to their lock creatures like Gaddock and Ruric Thar, or something else?

I think Aggro Loam was the deck I faced in round 2 at Worcester (Punishing Fire and Chalice and Tarmo, oh my!). It was a tough matchup that I only won by the skin of my teeth. Damnable Chalices are as suffocating as September in Texas.

One thing that appeared to work in my favor, though, was that the deck doesn't present as fast a clock as Eldrazi does, and it's possible for them to whiff on finding "closers." Game 1 I think I just comboed really quickly (didn't know what to 'board for round 2 because I thought he was on Mav); game 2 he landed a Confidant, a Tarmo, and something else (Deathrite?) and swung for the fences; in game 3, I Emptied into Maelstrom Pulse and he started Loaming hard and landed Chalices on 0 and 1, but he couldn't find a closer in spite of a large number of Barren Moor recursions. He milled out Gaddock at one point, and that might be the thing that ended up saving me. I eventually found a basic land and a Decay, and those pulled me through, but it was pretty close. I'm starting to think Daze might be the go-to card for dealing with Chalices.

Anybody faced that Moggcatcher monstrosity that's been making the rounds? I'm not too enthusiastic about the matchup.

Lemnear, thanks for the tip re: Flusterstorms! Do you run the card in your 'board? How essential a role does it play?

I'm hoping to start testing Daze and/or Culling Scales this weekend. I'm still working on my sideboard, and I've got some questions I'll try to post in the next day or so.

Nevilshute, thanks for the offer re: discussing Miracles! I'm definitely interested in your advice. I'll send you a message soon, but the past fortnight's been a (super-fun) rollercoaster. Finally back at home, so I'll get to it.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Hi, Cheerios!

Thanks a lot for the tournament report! I have a quick question about your build: how many lands and Preordains/Tops were you running in the maindeck? Any additional accelerants on top of Dark Rit and Cab Rit?

Regarding Karakas, when you said you used it against Elves, were you referring to their lock creatures like Gaddock and Ruric Thar, or something else?

I think Aggro Loam was the deck I faced in round 2 at Worcester (Punishing Fire and Chalice and Tarmo, oh my!). It was a tough matchup that I only won by the skin of my teeth. Damnable Chalices are as suffocating as September in Texas.
    I was playing Rodrigo's MD list with 1 Top, 1 Preordain, and 9 rituals.

Regarding Karakas, I played it just in case they have Teeg or Ruric, but I think those aren't really played much anymore. So it might not be worth boarding in. I think it's better to just hope and pray to get a fast kill against chalice decks, rather than answer all their hate.

Cheers

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Here is the top 8, 4 and finals of this weekend event I won.

Enjoy!

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Thanks Rodrigo, your list is very inspiring and also your gameplay.
    two fast questions:
    1) do you feel safe with only one tendrils mainboard?
    2) no petition, it's good, i like to have few high cmc cards in a deck that runs ad nauseam. But why not 1 petition/1 pif over 2 pif?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Whoa, so many misplays with Rishadan Port in play!
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Thanks Rodrigo, your list is very inspiring and also your gameplay.
    two fast questions:
    1) do you feel safe with only one tendrils mainboard?
    2) no petition, it's good, i like to have few high cmc cards in a deck that runs ad nauseam. But why not 1 petition/1 pif over 2 pif?
    1) Yeah, g1 you usualy only need one Tendrills.
    2) I dont like petition, I have been asked 10 thousand times (I should put it in my sig XD). The card is bad vs graveyard hate, bad vs soft counters and hard counters, makes you depend more from cabal ritual (and more from the graveyard) and its bad with LED. Also its a cmc5 wich makes you nauseam a bit worser (also better in other way).

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Whoa, so many misplays with Rishadan Port in play!
    I think there was only one turn where he didnt tapped where he wanted to go for the combo. And another turn he went to tap me after draw (dont know why).

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I think there was only one turn where he didnt tapped where he wanted to go for the combo. And another turn he went to tap me after draw (dont know why).
    He missed all the game announcing the Port from shat it lokked like, but imo more disturbingly, he didnt bother to tap your Island for turns to cut you off from your Cantrips. Dare I ask, what he named with the Pithing Needle?

Join us at Facebook!

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Almost every brainstorm I casted was in response to his port and he named polluted delta (Was a better sb card as pubishing or maze)

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Almost every brainstorm I casted was in response to his port and he named polluted delta (Was a better sb card as pubishing or maze)
    I refer to situations like the one at 3:16min, 7:00min (what was that? Did YOU remind him of Port?), 8:37min (Post-drawstep Port). At least no Needle @ LED lol

Join us at Facebook!

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I refer to situations like the one at 3:16min, 7:00min (what was that? Did YOU remind him of Port?), 8:37min (Post-drawstep Port). At least no Needle @ LED lol
    3:16 he wanted to go for the combo instead of porting. There was a chat about, me being able to haveanother mana + combo, or just not having combo. He decided to try to win. (here you take a decision, it might be right or wrong, but its taken by himself)

7:00 he wanted to port, and said like tap your land, I asked him wich and he said anyone, so I asked him again to make a target.

8:37 He wanted to do post draw step, I dont uderstand why but he had that in mind all the time >.< (this if for me the only weird one)

2) I dont like petition, I have been asked 10 thousand times (I should put it in my sig XD). The card is bad vs graveyard hate, bad vs soft counters and hard counters, makes you depend more from cabal ritual (and more from the graveyard) and its bad with LED. Also its a cmc5 wich makes you nauseam a bit worser (also better in other way).
    yeah, sorry I could imagine how many times you answered this question, I was searching back into the thread but the search function here is very bad :\ . Great idea a link in your signature with "Rodrigo answering FAQ" :D!

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    yeah, sorry I could imagine how many times you answered this question, I was searching back into the thread but the search function here is very bad :\ . Great idea a link in your signature with "Rodrigo answering FAQ" :D!

Was not bad meaning from me. Just usualy I get this question a lot XD

Thread Information