Page 135 of 313 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 6252

Thread: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Norwegian Polarbear Fighter

Jan 2012

Re: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    As you'll usually board out cantrips like Preordain to fit in SB cards and most cantrips get stuck in a CB post turn 2/3 anyways, the whole idea of chaining cantrips for value is nothing practical and if your plan is to put up a "clock" with 2-3 damage per turn, you can literally just play Delver, which is cheaper and does not require cantripping as a Plowshare is foiling your plans in any case no matter if you play YP or Delver in the face of Meddling Mage.
    Fair. I wasn't particularly thinking of chaining for value other than tokens. Playing dudes like Delver seems to have the same problem as Xantid Swarm does though, it just dies to plow. Which is the main reason he isn't that good anymore.
    @Stoyrm on Twitter, i usually tweet about Legacy and Magic :)

This is kind of a longer topic than I have the time to get into at the moment, but most people I see tend to default to boarding out Preordain in every matchup, and I think that's insane.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Royce Walter View Post
    This is kind of a longer topic than I have the time to get into at the moment, but most people I see tend to default to boarding out Preordain in every matchup, and I think that's insane.
    Not the case I hope. The talk was in context of Miracles at least for my take

Quote Originally Posted by Stoyrm View Post
    Fair. I wasn't particularly thinking of chaining for value other than tokens. Playing dudes like Delver seems to have the same problem as Xantid Swarm does though, it just dies to plow. Which is the main reason he isn't that good anymore.
    This is correct, but each attempt to go to town via creatures aims at your opponent holding/drawing/boarding stuff like RIP, Canonist, Meddling Mage, Flusterstorm, Counterbalance, etc. rather than occasional Plows/Terminus they usually board out in bigger numbers to bring in cards which are blanked by creatures like Delver
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

well i started to test the creatures plan (pyro+conf) against miracles and i didn´t really like it. i find 2 tendrills main deck +3rd in side + 4 decays or 3 decays 2 grips its good enought agains them, grinding stations is pretty powerfull with longer games, 2 tendrills usually gets there.

Mar 2010
    Amsterdam

Maybe we can combine the man-plan and grinding options by boarding 4 Confidant and the 2nd Tendrils (+ the usual, incl ~3 decays), they work well together. Would be better if there were more matchups to board in bobs, but still.
    37th GP Ams'11 | 80th GP Stras '13 | 5th BoM Paris '13 | 12th GP Lille '15

Quote Originally Posted by JamieW89 View Post
    Maybe we can combine the man-plan and grinding options by boarding 4 Confidant and the 2nd Tendrils (+ the usual, incl ~3 decays), they work well together. Would be better if there were more matchups to board in bobs, but still.
    the problem now is that miracles players leave always removal in, 3 stp 1 terminus or 2/2, by stay on grinding plan, you blank a few cards

Grinding Station could work against the old miracle lists with only snapcaster and Vendillion Clique as creatures.
    But in these darker times they also bring in 5-6 proactive hatebears so we need removal for 10 problematic permanents.
    Good luck by finding them in a timely manner.
    As we all now we can't just bring 6+ Removal and hope to dodge all their stuff because we still need a lot of cards to go off through 2-3 hard counterspells.
    So the man plan is like a next level project which completely ignores their bears and half of their countermagic.

Bob draws us more decays and creatures so maybe a 3/3 split between him and Yp is also an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce Walter View Post
    Anyone have a current sideboarding guide to ANT, for the newer lists with AN in the board? I'm trying out grinding station and I'm often stumped on what to board out.

To all guys out there who still play grinding station, here a question for you:

Let's say you play AND win 100 games with grinding station against a blue deck (jeskai stoneblade for example), how often do you win with:

1. normal Pif loop

2. double Tendrils from your hand because you drew 2 or you used Infernal Tutor to copy Tendrils.

3. mini Tendrils followed by another mini tendrils a few turns later

4. one Tendrils straight from your hand after some cantrippin

Looking forward to all your answers :)

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by laserstone View Post
    Anyone have a current sideboarding guide to ANT, for the newer lists with AN in the board? I'm trying out grinding station and I'm often stumped on what to board out.
    Slosh's nightmares have come true. The 2x Pif, 0x Ad Nauseam lists are taking over the mainstream. Grinding Station isn't newer and the Ad Nauseam version isn't older. It is just a preference or trend so to speak that people tend to play this variant right now. At least they are on everyone's lips because of recent results. Nevertheless, I don't understand this opinions because Ad Nauseam is great against the topdecks of the meta (OmniTell, Miracles, Team America,...) (Ah, please, no arguments that AdN is bad, I know them all). Back to the topic, I am afraid there isn't such thing as a guide because it mostly comes down to experience and player preferences regarding boarding and playstyle. Try to find your own methods. But I guess that Jona has written something about various MUs some pages back if I am not mistaken.
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

I might be minority on this, but my local meta has two parfaits and I cant play no Ad Nauseam maindeck in here. They both have 4 RiP in main with Mox Diamonds so it might be there on turn 1. One of the reasons I started trying out Doomsday instead of this..
    "Everything is better topless"

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by l33twash0r View Post
    I might be minority on this, but my local meta has two parfaits and I cant play no Ad Nauseam maindeck in here. They both have 4 RiP in main with Mox Diamonds so it might be there on turn 1. One of the reasons I started trying out Doomsday instead of this..
    Why, you "can't play no Ad Nauseam maindeck in here"? If you have MB RIPs in your meta, run AN and adjust the deck to that.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Why, you "can't play no Ad Nauseam maindeck in here"? If you have MB RIPs in your meta, run AN and adjust the deck to that.
    Oops I meant I have to run AN in main instead of the 2PiF build. Making stupid typos when I'm too tired.
    "Everything is better topless"

Dec 2010
    GermOney

Quote Originally Posted by l33twash0r View Post
    Oops I meant I have to run AN in main instead of the 2PiF build. Making stupid typos when I'm too tired.
    Two negatives resolving to a positive. ;)

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by laserstone View Post
    Which list exactly are you talking about? It's not really possible to give exact guides without referring to an entire 75. I was looking to write a sideboard guide in the near future anyway, so my question to everyone is this: what matchups do you think I should prioritise? Note that I want to do extensive write-ups, kind of like I did when analysing the top decks from #GPDC, only slightly more extensive.

Quote Originally Posted by sawatarix View Post
    To all guys out there who still play grinding station, here a question for you:

Let's say you play AND win 100 games with grinding station against a blue deck (jeskai stoneblade for example), how often do you win with:

1. normal Pif loop

2. double Tendrils from your hand because you drew 2 or you used Infernal Tutor to copy Tendrils.

3. mini Tendrils followed by another mini tendrils a few turns later

4. one Tendrils straight from your hand after some cantrippin

Looking forward to all your answers :)
    Past in Flames loops are the most common, followed by in-hand Tendrils. Especially after boarding, when they have graveyard hate, the difference isn't that big. Double Tendrils in the same turn is pretty uncommon because they will be able to constrain your mana with countermagic to the point where one Tendrils will already be lethal anyway. Multiple Tendrils spread out over multiple turns almost never happens, but does come up.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

hatebears
    Coming back to the topic of hatebears which appears to be relevant especially in Japan: Could Volcanic Fallout possibly be a card here? I mean it sounds like a joke at first, but it is capable of removing as many hatebears as one wishes to. could be a problem though. I used this card in my Burn/Boros Burn builds a while ago and it was almost always awesome (sweet alliterations).

@Jona concerning SB guide: Are there any chances that you may write an introductory paragraph about the concept of SBing as such before going into detail later on? Hereby, I mean the stuff like boarding non-business, non-disruptive cards (Chain of Vapor) against decks with discard (TA) where certain cards might or might not have an impact on the gamestate at all. Or boarding green cards against decks with Wasteland. I think that would provide a suitable basis for newer players in general.
    WantToPonder
    Team MTG Berlin

Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

How about teferis realm? It answers miracles and MUD proactively
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

A real gem. I know that it is not suitable to make fun of inexperienced players but I like this one:
    "That makes sense, but wouldn't he have to cast nine spells before it that turn to win? And what if he's playing a white lifegain deck?"
    Well, Kai, how did you board against lifelink.dec?
    WantToPonder
    Team MTG Berlin

The Dragonstorm

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

lawl

Join us at Facebook!

Thread Information