Thread: [Deck] Berserk Stompy

Nov 2006
    Brasil

[Deck] Berserk Stompy

credits for Piet for the banner

Berserk Stompy

The Green Aggro - grow Based deck!

About the deck
    Berserk Stompy is a variation of the old Stompy decks, that ran several green creatures along with a lot of Giant Growth-like effects (usually reffered to as pumps or growths) to try to win as fast as possible.
    This variation of the deck focus on the double-damage card "Berserk" combined with pumps to deal a large amount of damage in no time.

Historical
    Monogreen aggro decks were the first ones to be referenced as "Stompy", long ago, at T2 games. It have involved lots of creatures and growth effects to try and hit the opponent in severeal different variations. Though most of the variations had medium to little success, stompy is always trying to reach a good point in the top.
    A long known version of Stompy is the N-land Stompy, which uses Quirion Ranger together with other techs to try to abuse a lowland build, drawing more business cards. However, this version never had much success, specially because of low land count and use of accelerations.

Berserk Stompy as it is today was first developed by César Fernández, and made it to a Top 1 finish in "Legacy Open PT Valencia", 2007:

Berserk Stompy by César Fernández (PT-valencia report):
    //Lands
    3 Windswept Heath
    4 Wooded Foothills
    10 Forest

//Creatures
    4 Jungle Lion
    4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
    4 Silhana Ledgewalker
    4 Kavu Predator
    4 Skyshroud Elite
    2 Scryb Sprites
    2 Tarmogoyf

//Spells
    3 Seal of Strength
    4 Invigorate
    4 Rancor
    4 Berserk
    4 Might of Old Krosa

//Sideboard
    SB: 4 Seeds of Innocence
    SB: 3 Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 1 Gaea's Blessing
    SB: 3 Viridian Zealot
    SB: 4 Rushwood Legate

There's also another version of the deck, a 3-color deck featuring a way different view. It's also called Berserk Stompy, but since only Etienne develops it and play, I thought it was worthy the Honorable mention, but let's focus on the green version.
    Berserk Stompy by Etienne Villani:
    //Lands
    4 Savannah
    2 Taiga
    2 Forest
    4 Wooded Foothills
    4 Windswept Heath

//Accelerators
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide

//Creatures
    4 Kavu Predator
    4 Tarmogoyf
    4 Wild Nacatl
    3 Qasali Pridemage
    3 Skyshroud Cutter

//Spells
    4 Berserk
    4 Invigorate
    4 Rancor
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Fling

//Sideboard
    SB: 4 Vexing Shusher
    SB: 1 Qasali Pridemage
    SB: 3 Gaddock Teeg
    SB: 3 Compost
    SB: 2 Reverent Silence
    SB: 2 Seeds of Innocence

Updated version
    as of 2015-02-25
    Here's a more up-to-date version I've recently tested:
    //Maindeck
    16 Forest
    4 Dryad Militant
    4 Nettle Sentinel
    4 Jungle Lion
    3 Skarrgan pit-skulk
    4 Silhana Ledgewalker
    4 Berserk
    4 Rancor
    4 Invigorate
    3 Giant Growth
    4 Seal of Strength
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    2 Sylvan Library

//Sideboard
    4 Faerie Macabre
    3 Gleeful Sabotage
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Choke
    1 Compost
    1 Slippery Bogle
    1 Viridian Zealot
    1 Might of Old Krosa

Card choice explanations

Creatures
    Basic choices here - Skarrgan, Neetle and Lion are the 3 best creatures for 1cc, with a close cut for Tattermunge Maniac. They are fast, put pressure, and deal the early damage you need. They are the core of the deck.
    Silhana Ledgewalker is the solution to a "safe combo". She can win the game via Rancor+Evasion+Hexproof, but at best she will receive a lot of pumps and just win. It's the "lategame" creature (like, turn 2-3 =P)
    Viridan Zealot is here taking the recently cut place of Kavu Predator. Predator can be great against some decks not packing removal, but this is something rarer over time. Zealot can take you out of nasty situations for a win, against a lot of random Enchant/Artifact, and the 2/1 body can still put pressure. The close cuts here are many, and it won the spot for it's versatility. You can still use Kavu Predator since, in the end, the guys that win most games are going to be the 1cmc 2/x guys and Silhana.

Pumps
    Berserk is the deck namesake, and the card that will be most related to your wins than any other.
    Invigorate has four functions, going from just a +1 damage to a strong high damage for free under a Berserk, and is worth it even without Kavu around. It can also be hardcasted, and the last function is protecting from burn for free.
    Rancor increases the early damage, and can win the game by itself, on the back of a silhana of a first turn guy. It also helps "mana smoothing", since you can cast it a turn prior Berserk to stack.
    Seal of Strength is an underrated card in this deck. Its function is to smooth mana at the same time it can be a sorcery Giant Growth. Its synergy with Berserk got the spot for it, and is really solid.
    Giant Growth got the last spot fighting against Might of Old Krosa. The former is better on a little more complex combat situations, and can help you go through blockers or kill a big threat easier. The second is better under the utopic "open field". It's really worth the versatility GG gives over MoOK, but MoOK is a fair option as well.

Business
    Sylvan Library - This card is unbelievable strong. I used dismiss it, and now I regreat -- It fetches for fuel and is a must counter for control decks. Play this card.

Usual sideboard Options
    Gleeful Sabotage - The best "Disenchant" effect for this deck. Unlike Krosan Grip, it has 2cmc, fitting our manabase, and its copy isn't countered by Chalice of the Void and doesn't triggerCounterbalance. Also, it can be used against Stax/Enchantress/Affinity as a 2-for-1.
    Seeds of Innocence - One of the most common sideboard options, it breaks many artifact-dependant decks, and also brings a giant kavu to the win. Easy add against Dragon Stompy and Stax-like decks. Also great against Affinity
    Naturalize - Fast and versatile, it solves the problem, and since it's instant speed, you can wait to cast it with the right timing. Can be used against uncountable decks.
    Vexing Shusher - Your protection against Combo breakers, this card is awesome against many decks, like Thresh, CB top, decks that involve Chalice of the void, and many others.
    Krosan Grip - This boosted naturalize can deal with more extreme situations, but the extra required to cast it makes it slow sometimes. Besides that, a Shusher with a Naturalize can deal it's job most of the time (only thing they can't is destroing a Top)
    Reverent Silence - Breaks decks with many enchantments. The bad part is that usualy decks run more artifacts than enchantments, but it's a good call against Enchantress and anything else. Plus, it grow your Kavu.
    Tormod's Crypt - Simple drop it against LftL and see how afraid they get. This thing is supposed to get you enough time to combo against those decks that GY abuse to combo before you. Besides, it helps a lot against other decks as well.
    Gaea's Blessing - A single copy of this in your sideboard, and you may get even a draw or a win against some random Painter and High Tide decks. Almost weigthless
    Thorn of Amethyst - Against storm combos that can blow you up before you can do anything, this may help you out. Too bad it's a 2cc card, so, you may have no time to play them. It also slows you down a bit, but they'll be crushed.
    Pithing Needle - Awesome overall card, it's hatefull effect can nerf pretty much almost every deck in the format. It may break Sensei's divining top, LED, Vial, Jitte, Mishra & Mutavault, and so many other cards in the format. This is almost an auto-include to a sideboard that lacks options.
    Scryb Sprites (!) - This can be add in if you fell like there are too many creature-aggro decks in your meta, and want to fly over them to combo. It's an avarage card, but should be kept as a meta call.
    Chalice of the Void - To be used @ 0 against combos - Don't be surprised, this really owns storm combos!
    Rushwood Legate - Free creature against the hole bunch of decks that play blue, a good addition, and helps a lot against Landstill.
    Hidden Herd - Considered a Sideboard against non-basic, but so should Skyshroud Elite be, in legacy this card is almost a 3/3 creature. Too bad it can be delayed forever when the opponent already have his lands.
    Mindbreak Trap - Recently added against Tendrils of Agony combos, it breaks them apart, but are most likely to be discarded or disabled by Orim's Chant. Might help anyway, since it takes them a little time/mana to use their defenses, enabling you to rush them.
    Faerie Macabre - Like tormods, less effective but harder to counter (stifle counters it). Seems great against reanimator.
    Relic of Progenitus - Like Tormods, a lot more effective, but easier to counter (when fighting daze or chalice @1).
    Compost - Helps against B decks, like The Gate, Rock, Deadguy, Junk, Pox. And is strong against dredge.
    Umezawa's Jitte - Against aggro decks, held by a Silhana, can be devastating.

Close Cuts - Close cuts almost made into maindeck, but due to some lackluster were cut, can still see play.

Kavu Predator - this one is not really a close cut, it can go maindeck instead of Viridian if no artifacts/enchantments are expect. I still prefer the useful Viridian, tho.
    Slippery Bogle
    Tattermunge Maniac
    Nettle Sentinel
    Tarmogoyf
    Elvish Spirit Guide
    Scryb Sprites
    Might of Old Krosa
    Vines of Vastwood

Gameplay

Zerk is a basic deck, but I've seen people doing several gamebreaker mistakes all the years I've been playing with it. Some of them are easier to figure, some harder, but here is my experience playing the deck. Feel free to discuss.

Mulligan right
    You should mulligan your bad hands. Some of them are obvious (6 forests, 6 pumps) but some of them are less obvious, and these are the ones you should look at.
    First, 1-forest hand is not always keepable, and as you will find out, it is more often than not a mulligan. If the hand is not a godly hand, you should try a 2 lander, because then you can stack pumps and cast 2cc dudes, and library, properly.
    A godly 1cc hand depend on the matchup. For example, against Ad Nauseam, a good 1cc hand has a 2/x guy for and a growth, so that you can deal some early damage.
    A generally good hand with 1-lander must be able to do strong things and give you play. A land with several Invigorates and a Berserk, or Seal and Zerk, or a hand with 1cc guys and Rancor are good electable hands for 1-land.
    If it has silhanas, libraries, and low pump count, forget it, it's too slow.
    On the other side, most 2 and 3 land hands are good enough to go, unless clogged with boring slow resources, like a 3 forest 4 Silhanas hand. Sure, you might draw a rancor and win on the back of it, but you could face a tarmogoyf clock and lose without even trying.
    17 is the magic number of lands here exactly because of this - it's the best number to get 2 or 3 land hands without drawing too much of them later, and it mulls fine.

Hold your pumps
    This is a rule with exceptions, but grosso modo, don't use your pumps. Any +3 power you spend now could have been +6 or +12 later. You can use your pumps as a way to kill a tempo deck with light threat density, but usually it's not worthy not to hold your pumps.

Play Sylvan Library

Sylvan Library is too good not to be played. Analising when it was good when it came into play, it was always good. Against Control decks, it's gamebreaker, and against Aggro it fetches for your combo-win. Against combo, it isn't that great because it costs 2, but if you T1 nettle and T2 Sylvan, T3 is much more likely a kill than without the sylvan.

Do not overextend
    Sometimes it surprises me that people don't know what this is. Don't play all of your creatures, and sandbag Forests in hand if you don't need them. Wrath of God, Armaggedon, Engineered Explosives, Pernicious Deed, and so on... Also, holding lands sometimes baits a stupid Duress and then you draw some pump and can hold it.

Decide your role fast
    It's common to have a lot of 2/x creatures in hand, and elect to play one and make it stand alone. If you want to berserk the opponent, playing a Sylvan Library, a Silhana, or a Rancor or Seal can be more gamebreaking than playing a lot of weennies.
    Against a pileofcounters.dec, don't keep a hand with only 1 creature, they will handle it, and you will lose. This is simple when you know what you are doing, either going "combo" (strong vs aggro) or "aggro" (strong vs control)

Do your math
    Seriously, you are playing magic. You should be able to sum natural numbers and then multiply them for 2, and in the end subtract some other natural numbers. Don't ever lose a game due to bad math - Only zerk when you are 100% sure you will win. Don't forget to count multiple blockers, don't forget to count invigorate +3 life, don't forget to double the power from the creature too.

Play a lot of 2/x creatures for
    It's a mistake to play Slippery Bogle instead of Nettle Sentinel and the likes. Nettle will stack crucial early damage for us, while bogle will sit. Bogle can be better midgame, but silhana is the best girl there, and Sylvan is a house there too. If you are already playing 12~14 2/x creatures for , you can afford Scryb Sprites and Slippery Bogle, but not before this much. You always want to open a 2/x for

Play all 4 Invigorate (even without Kavu) and all 4 Seal of Strength
    Cheap pumps are what make hands with one land good, and are what makes Berserk better. Also, cheap pumps are good in most game situations, and Invigorate can be hardcasted (I do this a lot, how can people forget?). Leaving home without all 16 fixed pumps is a mistake: Berserk, Rancor, Seal, Invigorate

Don't forget pseudo-evasion, and Giant Growth is good
    If you can sustain 2 creatures against one even if one of them die and get replaced, you have a "pseudo-evasion".

Example: 2x Nettle vs Tarmogoyf -> One nettle hits.
    This is enough to break some games some times.
    If you pseudo-evade, Giant Growth is better than Might of Old Krosa. If you decide to kill the blocker, GG is better as well. MoOK is only better if you have a Silhana or "the open field".

That's all I got, hope it helps. GL & HAVE LOTS OF FUN =)
    Last edited by Gui; 02-25-2015 at 12:46 PM. Reason: keeping up-to-date

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Re: [Deck] Berserk Stompy

Moved to Established. Surprising that there isn't a thread for this deck already.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Nov 2006
    Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by crow_mw View Post
    That is because what you are linking is not a image file but a database query. Try using one of those instead:
    http://www.wizards.com/global/images...al/Berserk.jpg
    http://www.printmymagicdeck.com/MTG_...rserk.full.jpg
    Ok! Done! Thanks!

Let the fun begin!

Ok, first of, The card, at the moment, that is planning to tweak the deck
    ----------------------
    Vines of Vastwood
    Instant
    Kicker -

Target creature can't be the target of spells of abilities your opponents control until end of turn. If Vines of Vastwood was kicked, that creature gets +4/+4 until end of turn.
    ----------------------

Think it'll will deserve a slot in the deck easly ^^
    If you fail to explain the reason behind your choice, technically, it's the wrong choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    It's one of the ten strongest cards in Legacy. And in truth, in any deck you design, you really need to have a good reason -not- to run Wasteland.
    Zerk Thread -- Really, fun deck! ^^

Amen, brotha.
    Aug 2009
    Bamberg / Franconia / Bavaria / Germany

The awesome thing about VoVW is, that the kicker is the pump and the normal effect is the pseudo-Shroud. This way it offers protection and you can use abundant mana for extrapump.

It should be an automatic 4 of IMO.

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Janky and horrible as it sounds, one of my friends plays this deck in a form, and the single most dangerous threat he runs in the deck is Slippery Bogle. He runs all threats and pump in the deck, and being able to sellout pump the Bogle without fear of X-for-1 removal has caused me more than a few nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Amen, brotha.
    Aug 2009

I think that's one of the great things about Berserk Stompy - it's friggin janky, but it works.

Too bad Berserk costs about 100 bucks/each.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidd View Post
    I think that's one of the great things about Berserk Stompy - it's friggin janky, but it works.

Too bad Berserk costs about 100 bucks/each.
    Berserk has been reprinted in From the Vault: Exiled. Berserk singles from that set are going for about $30. Still pricey, but cheaper than Tarmogoyf.

Amen, brotha.
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Berserk has been reprinted in From the Vault: Exiled. Berserk singles from that set are going for about $30. Still pricey, but cheaper than Tarmogoyf.
    Huh? Last time I checked, reprinted Berserk was selling for 100 bucks/each. On the other hand, I didn't check since 2 months or so.

Thank you for the information, looks like I'm gonna build that deck.

Nov 2006
    Brasil

Janky and horrible as it sounds, one of my friends plays this deck in a form, and the single most dangerous threat he runs in the deck is Slippery Bogle. He runs all threats and pump in the deck, and being able to sellout pump the Bogle without fear of X-for-1 removal has caused me more than a few nightmares.
    Slippery Bogle + Silhana + VoVW seems like the deck won't be so easily stoped any longer! =)
    We have to test something with all those, ad sure add nettle sentinel to those first lists there...
    Urray!
    If you fail to explain the reason behind your choice, technically, it's the wrong choice.

It's one of the ten strongest cards in Legacy. And in truth, in any deck you design, you really need to have a good reason -not- to run Wasteland.

Amen, brotha.
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Gui_Brasil View Post
    Slippery Bogle + Silhana + VoVW seems like the deck won't be so easily stoped any longer! =)
    We have to test something with all those, ad sure add nettle sentinel to those first lists there...
    Urray!
    CotV and 3Sphere still fuck you up pretty hard.

Nov 2006
    Brasil

CotV and 3Sphere still fuck you up pretty hard.
    That's true. But you get a nice giant options in sideboarding for those. And once you get around then, you can beat 'em the aggro style...
    Faster combos still fuck us up pretty harder... not even a large amount of sideboarding options...
    I used to side Shard of Amethyst, and carry a cross for the further praying... but that was some ago...

I love this deck more than I can say. It's just so green and fun. A few quick thoughts --

If there are a lot of Merfolk in your area, Scryb Ranger can be an absolute beating. Ruins their guys all day long, especially if they're wearing Jitte.

Slippery Boggle looks sick as hell, I was actually wishing that they were going to print a 1/1 for G with opponent shroud in Zendikar. Apparently it already exists. Awkward.

Reverent Silence is amazing against Counterbalance, it doesn't cost you a thing to cast, it's hard to hit with CB, and grows your Predators. Debatable if it's better than something like Krosan Grip, but it's certainly very worthy of discussion.

If you're running Fetchlands or Land Grants, one copy of Dryad Arbor can be amazing. Personally I don't like Fetches since the lack of them makes opposing Stifles almost completely dead, but I won't deny that they can make some sick plays. Ever seen the look on someone's face when they run a 4/5 Goyf into your board that's tapped out except a single fetch, you turn it into Dryad Arbor and Invigorate it? Downright hilarious.

Speaking of hating the fetchlands, I'm pretty heavily opposed to splashing colors. As nice as things like Fling, Teeg, Isamaru, Jotun Grunt, etc might look, I've found that opening the small landcount up to Wasteland and Stifle hate is just not worth it. I'd rather just drop an endless horde of green dudes than drop slightly better guys and lose half my games to manascrew. The deck doesn't need more "Oops, I lose" problems on top of G1, T1 Chalices.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Being a 1C 2/1 with an ability isn't enough to make a card good by default. Elvish Archer is to First Striking as Dark Confidant is to card draw, and Nezumi Graverobber is to robbing graves as Tarmogoyf is to being much much better than a 2/1, but what the fuck does that even mean?

I only play blue for Brainstorm and combo.
    Jan 2008
    Alpharetta, Georgia

I would still argue for Vine Dryad's inclusion. Mostly everything you are going to play against will be running Goyf and having a card that just goes .... oh unblockable, FUCK YO COUCH, is pretty good. The negative card synergy is understandable, these decks drop the hand VERY fast.

Mono-G has always been the most consistent of any of the lists. As far as fetches go ... not a fan, Something like 12 forests and 4 Land Grant should be more than enough. Opening up the deck to Stifle and Wasteland is a terrible idea and you will lose a lot of games to it. You also don't have to run ESG with a manabase like this (create less dead topdecks later on) which could also be a plus. I really like the new pump spell but is it better than Seal of Strength? I think it is since StP has always been this deck's nightmare and with Invigorate on the stack watching your Predator go farming is not good, but you now have a response to that!

I think we need to establish a good, solid creature base before anything else. I think these are the essential creatures for any Berserk Stompy deck:

4x Ledgewalker
    4x Bogle
    2-4x Scryb Sprites (help with mana so much and flying is a +)
    4x Kavu Predator

The rest are up for debate, cards like: Skyshroud Cutter, Vine Dryad, Pit-Skulk, Jungle Lion, Rogue Elephant, Harvest Wurm, Skyshroud Elite, and there are many more. I really don't like Goyf in the deck but this is just my personal opinion, I much prefer someone who comes down turn 1 or has evasion of some form.
    "I just shot Marvin in the face!"
    "Why the fuck'd you do that??"

Amen, brotha.
    Aug 2009

I vote for Pit Skulk.
    Oh and do you want some fun? Try Xantid Swarm. i know, it has power 0, but once it attacks you can freely dump your hand full of pumps on the board.

I vote for Pit Skulk.
    This. Pit-Skulk was like the best creature in the deck aside from Goyf, why cut it?

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

The good old Berserk Stompy
    I played it years ago. Although its not an official tournament list, it might me interesting to the thread. Ive thrown it together on mws. But i cant remember the SB, i know i played naturalize but what else =?

Stompy list in 2003
    // Lands
    12 [8E] Forest (2)

// Creatures
    4 [EX] Skyshroud Elite
    1 [7E] Elvish Lyrist
    4 [TE] Muscle Sliver
    2 [B] Scryb Sprites
    4 [AN] Ghazban Ogre
    3 [WL] Rogue Elephant
    4 [PT] Jungle Lion

// Spells
    4 [U] Berserk
    3 [DM] Bounty of the Hunt
    3 [WL] Briar Shield
    3 [BD] Giant Growth
    2 [5E] Winter Orb
    3 [NE] Seal of Strength
    4 [MM] Land Grant
    4 [UL] Rancor
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp_Fiction View Post
    4x Ledgewalker
    4x Bogle
    2-4x Scryb Sprites (help with mana so much and flying is a +)
    4x Kavu Predator
    Do you mean Scryb Ranger? I'm missing how Scryb Sprites help with your mana other than just not costing very much of it. Not that Sprites are bad in the deck, one mana evasive dudes are quite solid, just looking for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp_Fiction View Post
    I really like the new pump spell but is it better than Seal of Strength?
    Seal is definitely the slot that it fights for and I'm pretty sure that VotV wins. Seal is nice in that it can cost 0 on the turn you need instead of G or GG, but it's an on-the-board trick and often ends up getting cast the turn you use it due to you usually having dudes to cast for the first two turns. I'm pretty sure that slowing down a tiny bit for the extra consistency against StP/Bolt is worth it. Not to mention that taking out Seal also means that literally the only thing that Stifle targets is the Rancor graveyard trigger, which is hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Being a 1C 2/1 with an ability isn't enough to make a card good by default. Elvish Archer is to First Striking as Dark Confidant is to card draw, and Nezumi Graverobber is to robbing graves as Tarmogoyf is to being much much better than a 2/1, but what the fuck does that even mean?

Nov 2006
    London

Is Kavu Predator really worth playing in this deck? I get that it combos with invigorate and possibly Reverent Silence post-board.... but it's just a bear all other times... seems janky to me. The deck doesn't need that kind of inconsistency. I think Bounty of the Hunt is better than Invigorate as free, instant pump.

My creature base would look like this:

best green 1 drops:
    4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
    4 Skyshroud Elite
    4 Jungle Lion

then:
    4 Slippery Bogle - Seems decent.. not sure if it's better than Ledgewalker.
    4 Scryb Ranger - Quirion Ranger + flash, evasion AND pro-merfolk? I'm in.
    4 Tarmogoyf - why run less?

Elvish Spirit Guides are good for a bit of speed and Daze protection. Plus, they pitch to Bounty when they're no longer useful. Land Grant, however, is probably not worth the risk of having it be the only mana source in your opening hand. But it does pump Goyf and pitch to Bounty.

Nov 2006
    Brasil

Bogle seems to be a house, but we should see if the other 1cc with 2 attack aren't better due to the extra dmg they do per turn, and specially the extra damage they do when doubling dmg...
    Anyway we have silhanas also... And now we got Vastwood, we can have 12 of the same effect. Not saying it`s bad, but we can't reduce our power against our good matchups...

A creature I always consider in my stompies, and also in Berserk ones, is Vine Dryad. It can evade Chalice, CB and Snare, come turn 1, mini-combo with skargan on the draw, surprise block and surprises counters EOT... AND she forest walks. IMO it's a house...

4 Tarmogoyf - why run less?
    Because it's slow for us in so many matchs that don't use GY abuse

Nov 2006
    London

Vine Dryad
    Definitely crossed my mind. The only thing is if you use Bounty as well, that's a lot of card disadvantage, and I think Bounty is better.

Re: Goyf
    Because it's slow for us in so many matchs that don't use GY abuse
    Goyf is your backup plan when the pump tricks fail. It's an easy 4/5.

Thread Information