Page 141 of 313 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 6252

Thread: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Mar 2010
    Amsterdam

Re: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Gratz Kai, I'm jealous ^^. 15 rounds of magic this weekend; no byes..

GPT Saturday:
    R1 Elves: 2-0
    R2 D&T: 2-1
    R3 Omnitell: 2-1
    R4 Deathblade: ID
    R5 BUG Delver: 1-1-1
    QF Omnitell: 2-0
    SF Grixis Control: 2-1
    F Deathblade: 1-2 (missplayed g2, I had IT,SDT and a bunch of mana with a BS on the stack and didn't play around clique)

GPT Sunday:
    R1 *BYE*..
    R2 Deathblade 2-0
    R3 UWR ControlBlade 2-0
    R4 Esper Blade: 2-1
    R5 Reanimate: 2-0
    QF Elves 2-0
    SF Elves 1-2 (lost to Teeg in g3, bricking/t2 glimpse in g1)
    37th GP Ams'11 | 80th GP Stras '13 | 5th BoM Paris '13 | 12th GP Lille '15

Quote Originally Posted by sawatarix View Post
    Omnitell should be ok because we are the faster combodeck. You shouldn't play discard spells immediately because you can.Xantid Swarm is the real deal in this matchup postboard because it forces them to have fow.
    Most of the time I fire off a discard spell to get rid of a potential counter and then deploy swarm.GG

Grixis is basically pretty similar to BUG Delver if they play DRS. There is no need to bring in removal spells because we don't care about their plan. Always believe that our plan is the better than theirs.

By the way, I won the GP Trial for Lille yesterday in Kawasaki,Tokyo.
    Can't wait for a fabulous GP !

congrataz kai ! did you run against any miracle ? how its you current sb plan against it ?

Jamie: What a weekend ! So you lost both finals? I feel with you, this sucks because both Deathblade and Elves are winnable matchups.
    So I guess I see you in Lille on Friday in the Trial corner? :)

Ancestral: I faced Miracles twice and defeated both. This time I had Empty the Warrens in my mainboard instead of Ad Nauseam after a very long time because I was curious about the synergy between Probe+Therapy+Empty which looks like a unfair aggro plan to me.
    Surprisingly Empty the Warrens+ Therapy were good enough to let my miracle opponents scoop !
    My current sideboarding is:

+2Krosan Grip
    +4 Abrupt Decay
    +2 Xantid Swarm
    -3 Preordain
    -1 Rain of Filth
    -1 Cabal Ritual
    -1 Lion's Eye Diamond
    -1 Island
    -1 Past in Flames

I keep the full set of Tutors to be able to copy abrupt decays and Krosan Grips if there is need for them.

Martin (Slosh): Congratulations for your Top8 finish at Prague Eternal 2015 ! Even if you look sad on the Top8 picture :D

Jun 2010
    Italy

Congrats Kai! Impressive results from you!

By the way I am really curious about you playing Empty the Warrens as replacement for Ad Nauseam.
    I have mixed feelings about this move:
    - when I play w/out Ad Nauseam, I often find myself in a situation where I can go for it safely and my gameplan gets terribly worse since I can't;
    - when I play w/out Empty, T1/T2 I could have 4 left mana after IT that could end the game if only Empty were an option.

What do you think about this?
    I am trying to play both ATM, even if Ad Nauseam gets a lot worse and not game-ending.

P.S: what was your decklist precisely? I see you found room for 3 preordains, no grim tutor? 2 past in flames?

Apr 2015
    Espaņa

ŋYou don't need tops Kai to win Miracles?

Survivalist
    Sep 2007
    Netherlands

Is the most recent decklist at the first page?

Aug 2012
    Italy

+2Krosan Grip
    +4 Abrupt Decay
    +2 Xantid Swarm
    -3 Preordain
    -1 Rain of Filth
    -1 Cabal Ritual
    -1 Lion's Eye Diamond
    -1 Island
    -1 Past in Flames

I keep the full set of Tutors to be able to copy abrupt decays and Krosan Grips if there is need for them.
    Congrats for your results Kai! Can I ask why are you boarding out the second PiF against Miracles? Is it for RIP? I feel I'm missing something. And also, how did you feel with Xantids? Did they live long enough to get the job done?
    Thanks!
    "You must believe you are the best, and then make sure you are" Bill Shankly

Storming to ten is like a performance,so having professional equipments is a necessity.

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

+2Krosan Grip
    +4 Abrupt Decay
    +2 Xantid Swarm
    -3 Preordain
    -1 Rain of Filth
    -1 Cabal Ritual
    -1 Lion's Eye Diamond
    -1 Island
    -1 Past in Flames
    You are insane.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Quote Originally Posted by JamieW89 View Post
    Didn't make note of that, will try to do for the next sessions as it's quite interesting. Ad Nauseam was involved way more than in real games, and surprisingly only fizzled once (still won next turn), usually from about 16-18 (which might not resemble true gameplay..).
    goldfished the list few time before PE using my method, felt really smooth, probably mulls well, but felt better than performed (to my surprise)

on play 7 cards 77 GF

Turns / cumulative

2,60% 2,60%
    33,77% 36,36%
    32,47% 68,83%
    19,48% 88,31%
    11,69% 100,00%
    avg = 3,039
    T4 avg 2,779 11,69% fail

Adn = 33,77% (22,08% in hand)
    Pif= 41,56% (9,09% in hand)

/// damn those losses suck =/

Jamie: What a weekend ! So you lost both finals? I feel with you, this sucks because both Deathblade and Elves are winnable matchups.
    So I guess I see you in Lille on Friday in the Trial corner? :)

Ancestral: I faced Miracles twice and defeated both. This time I had Empty the Warrens in my mainboard instead of Ad Nauseam after a very long time because I was curious about the synergy between Probe+Therapy+Empty which looks like a unfair aggro plan to me.
    Surprisingly Empty the Warrens+ Therapy were good enough to let my miracle opponents scoop !

+2Krosan Grip
    +4 Abrupt Decay
    +2 Xantid Swarm
    -3 Preordain
    -1 Rain of Filth
    -1 Cabal Ritual
    -1 Lion's Eye Diamond
    -1 Island
    -1 Past in Flames

Martin (Slosh): Congratulations for your Top8 finish at Prague Eternal 2015 ! Even if you look sad on the Top8 picture :D
    Congrats? how many ppl and what MUs?

G plan just did not work for me even with SDT, glad you appreciated EtW

tnx, suffered facing nonUdecks all day and lost semis due to metagaming against guys with 2 byes, basicaly played a 9 card Sb, would have been totally different with Fridays list and also Kronberger is probably the only person who can win a tournament with Aggroloam... his keeps were, well, very reasonable...

Friday
    TA 2:0
    Reanimator 2:0
    Miracles 1:2
    Elves 2:1
    BURG 0:2
    TA 2:0
    12post 2:1

Saturday
    bye
    bye
    Affinity 2:1
    S+T 2:0
    Aggroloam 1:2
    D+T 2:1
    4c Depths 2:0
    BURG ID

Grixis delver 2:0
    Aggroloam 1:2

Aug 2012
    Italy

Congrats Slosh! Where can we see Top8 lists and your list in particular?
    "You must believe you are the best, and then make sure you are" Bill Shankly

Storming to ten is like a performance,so having professional equipments is a necessity.

Still a nice run, Slosh.
    Kronberger got really some nice starting hands, nothing to gain for you there from what I saw.

I did just average with 5-2 on Friday and 4-4 on Saturday, losing to BUG Delver (2), UW Landstill with Balance (1), Burg Delver (2), SneakShow (1), seems like I have issues beating that stupid Insect...

Played a list with 1 AN, 2 Tendrils, 1 PiF main and 1 AN, 1 Empty, 1 PiF Side with the rest of the deck being pretty standard...

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by IlCannone View Post
    Still a nice run, Slosh.
    Kronberger got really some nice starting hands, nothing to gain for you there from what I saw.

I did just average with 5-2 on Friday and 4-4 on Saturday, losing to BUG Delver (2), UW Landstill with Balance (1), Burg Delver (2), SneakShow (1), seems like I have issues beating that stupid Insect...

Played a list with 1 AN, 2 Tendrils, 1 PiF main and 1 AN, 1 Empty, 1 PiF Side with the rest of the deck being pretty standard...
    So, you were the guy talking to me after my match against UR Control?
    I went: 5-3 in the main. :( Losing to Burg, Burg and TA.
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Ghiwo View Post
    Congrats Slosh! Where can we see Top8 lists and your list in particular?
    tnx, should be on http://www.pragueeternal.com/ soon

both top8 lists have some crazy tech...

Still a nice run, Slosh.

tnx, did not start the day with tight plays though... maybe, I had a chance G3 since he had just Leyline and T2 cannonist, I did not want to Yolo in top8 like in the swiss // I think I might have played next to you R6 on Friday then

Shaman: 1 early game engine is enough. There is no need to push this deck into a bad TES deck.

Burnplayer: i would like to play Top. But there is absolutely no slot left for it.

ghiwo: Yes it is RIP,you don't want to end up with too many dead cards.
    I never drew Xantid Swarms during my games so I can't tell...

Jona: Rain of Filth is too much of an all-in card, like LED.

Iona secret tech Slosh ? ^^

sawatarix, you have way more testing agains miracles than me for sure ( i have those 2 decks sleeaved up but missing a competetive player to test agains) so your aproach its to get more like a grind matchup after board with those 4 decays+grips?

i m asking a few advices because i try something like that and end up resolving balance but they have a ton of counters too, so i get a low card count in hand and canīt pass trhough disruption in a mid/late game. so i guess i have to try speed up a bit ?

edit: i said kai, but its valid for all you guys of course, just wanna more input
    Last edited by Ancestral; 06-15-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P-E View Post
    Iona secret tech Slosh ? ^^
    not mine

@Slosh: Yes I think that was me on Friday :)
    @CabalTherapy: No, that must have been another guy ^^

A topic that occured to me at PEternal:
    I find myself boarding out Lotus Petal more and more recently. Especially if the Ad Nauseam plan in Game 2 is not going to happen.

Most of the time when I draw it, I wish it would be something else. For me this card is only important if the opponent has cards like Wasteland or Blood Moon in combination of having green for decay which we only can generate from non-basic lands or if Ad Nauseam is really important to win. Even here Ad Nauseam ist cast mostly at the EOT of my opponent so that it is not necessary to find a petal...

What are your thoughts about that card in general, if I might ask?

And I seem to be very good having starting hands of 4 Lands with Storm while playing 15. Don't know how often I saw such 7 at the weekend but it was confusing... Variance... =)

Apr 2015
    Espaņa

I have a Legacy event this weekend. This is my list:

4 Polluted Delta
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Volcanic Island
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Bayou
    1 Island
    1 Swamp
    4 Lion's Eye Diamon
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Cabal Ritual
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    2 Preordain
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    1 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Duress
    3 Cabal Therapy
    1 Ad Nauseam
    1 Past in Flames
    1 Tendrils of Agony

SB:

4 Abrupt Decay
    3 Dread of Night
    2 Krosan Grip
    2 Xantid Swarm
    2 Sensei's Divining Top
    2 Chain of Vapor

This is my decklist, very classic. For me the doubs are in the sideboard.

I don't like Flustestorm (for me Surgical Extraction is better). But I want to win Miracles.

My plan is:

-2 Lotus Petal -2 Cabal Ritual -2 Preordain -1 Island -1 Cabal Therapy
    +4 Abrupt Decay +2 Krosan Grip +2 Sensei's Divining Top

I don't have problems vs slow Miracles, but when my opponents play a lot of hatebears/vendilions/flusterstorms really I have a problem. I fell frustrated of spending 8 sideboards slots. In spain the people is crazy when play vs combo.

I want to play in my sideboard:

3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Dread of Night
    2 Xantid Swarm
    2 Chain of Vapor

Tips for the rest (5 slots) in my sideboard?

@Slosh: Yes I think that was me on Friday :)
    @CabalTherapy: No, that must have been another guy ^^

A topic that occured to me at PEternal:
    I find myself boarding out Lotus Petal more and more recently. Especially if the Ad Nauseam plan in Game 2 is not going to happen.

Most of the time when I draw it, I wish it would be something else. For me this card is only important if the opponent has cards like Wasteland or Blood Moon in combination of having green for decay which we only can generate from non-basic lands or if Ad Nauseam is really important to win. Even here Ad Nauseam ist cast mostly at the EOT of my opponent so that it is not necessary to find a petal...

What are your thoughts about that card in general, if I might ask?

And I seem to be very good having starting hands of 4 Lands with Storm while playing 15. Don't know how often I saw such 7 at the weekend but it was confusing... Variance... =)

cool, yeah I do that a lot (and SB all out against UWR/Miracles), I think I haven't cast Ad Nauseam this weekend at all // I get unkeepable 7 very small % of time - but yeaterday in LGS I got 9 nolanders in 4 rounds

Thread Information