Page 144 of 313 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 6252

Thread: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Re: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Quote Originally Posted by Madsk View Post
    Sure you could let it be hided at the top but your hand is still not a kill, you still need one more card
    I honestly cannot understand your logic here...
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

It's really disturbing that we have to talk about turn 1 plays and Fetchlands in this thread
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

I'm coming back from a legacy tourney where I started 4-0-0 into 4-2-0 xD

2:0 Pox
    2:0 Grixis Delver
    2:0 Omnitell
    2:1 Miracle

1:2 Grixis Delver
    0:2 Vengevine Madness with Canonist mainboard :D

Because of the upcoming GP Lille I also had an old friend in my sb: 2 Carpet of Flowers.
    I know the card isn't totally nessecary and bla bla, but today it was a hell of a card.
    A nice upgrade for Petal or Cabal Ritual.
    I'll probably run them in France as well !

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Quote Originally Posted by sawatarix View Post
    I'm coming back from a legacy tourney where I started 4-0-0 into 4-2-0 xD

2:0 Pox
    2:0 Grixis Delver
    2:0 Omnitell
    2:1 Miracle

1:2 Grixis Delver
    0:2 Vengevine Madness with Canonist mainboard :D

Because of the upcoming GP Lille I also had an old friend in my sb: 2 Carpet of Flowers.
    I know the card isn't totally nessecary and bla bla, but today it was a hell of a card.
    A nice upgrade for Petal or Cabal Ritual.
    I'll probably run them in France as well !

In what mu do you want to side in Carpet?I am not sure if it is efficient against miracle.

I did a lot of testing with BURG Delver yesterday, pre-board is pretty easy, post-board his combination of probe+therapy+tokens is pretty annoyed but still beatable, and there was one strange game I played in which he discarded my whole hands and had only one DRS, lands and no hand, I drew two cantrips and decided not to use them. As we played draw-go for a while, I drew my 5th or 6th card and played some cantrips and rituals into a lethal hard cast tendrils(his life total was 14 due to fetch, fow and probe).

Also I played ETW mainboard instead of Ad Nauseam, which shined a lot in burg delver match-up, I won a lot game with tokens+therapy.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Nov 2014
    Drammenn Norway

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinZ View Post
    I honestly cannot understand your logic here...
    I want to keep as many spells i know i can cast until the turn i go off for leathal or mini tendrils

Jun 2010
    Italy

Yesterday I won a tournament with carpets in my sideboard. They were really good for me too. Almost MVP for G2 and G3.

Quote Originally Posted by kkkant View Post
    Would you mind explaining the reason behind it? I understand that swamp into duress may not be the better way to go, but i dont really get why you rather pass the turn without pondering (which would be my second option). Is that to get information about whats playing your opponent without giving away any of yours and in the midtime getting a card?

If it is so, although it seems reasonable, if you were facing a combo matchup the fact that you didnt start with mana - duress would punish you in the future IMO.
    If you play a Duress what do you expect to discard? a CB without BS or FoW? interrupt a T1 kill? Low chance, you probably end up discarding discard or some U spell, T2 you have higher chance to hit something relevant and also the info for T3 is more relevant, so by T1 Duress you did nothing, your deck is known, your Opp has +1 card, is free to cantrip into unknown cards, by fetching a Swamp you blanked your chance to BS effectively (or made it -1 card) or made a T1 Waste an actually good idea if fetching Sea.

If Duress was a Thoughtseize I'd start with it by fetching Usea - you do not telegraph your deck, have decent chance to strip Opp off pressure, even if wasted you're even or gained out of the situation if it was the case, if not, it's close to duress

if a petal was any other nonland card I'd USea ->Ponder (if I had a Thoughtseize it's still a Thoughtseize), the hand as given is a fetch+pass for me, because the T1 ponder is high % shuffle you need 2 good cards to not do that so I don't see it profitable in most situations, by fetch+pass you're not telegraphing almost anything, you're likely not getting killed T1, your choice to fetch basics if informed, and of course you might get stifled =)

if my OP plays a Discard it's light loss, cantrip - gain, creature - gain, SDT - ??? (Duress might be better depending on hand), land+pass - gain, something powerfull - loss (only in this case start by Duress is strictly better)

autofetch island is a bad habit and paradigm, you want to trade resources if it's profitable for you, if you Ponder and your opponent Wastes you, he's and idiot, desperate or playing Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    It's really disturbing that we have to talk about turn 1 plays and Fetchlands in this thread
    It's interesting rather than disturbing

Sep 2006
    Gent / Flanders

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinZ View Post
    In what mu do you want to side in Carpet?I am not sure if it is efficient against miracle.
    vs any blue deck.

vs miracles it would replace cabal ritual since you expect rest in peace
    vs any delver deck it would blank quite some counters (daze/spell pierce come to mind) and acts as a color fixer as well. It would most likely also replace cabal but not very sure about that.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what's for lunch.

Mar 2010
    Amsterdam

A solid new option, although you can't really run Ad Nauseam together with it:

37th GP Ams'11 | 80th GP Stras '13 | 5th BoM Paris '13 | 12th GP Lille '15

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by JamieW89 View Post
    A solid new option, although you can't really run Ad Nauseam together with it:

Doesn't matter. Its a Demonic Tutor grabbing EtW instead.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

This.Card.Is.Amazing !!!!!!!

Bye bye Ad Nauseam...

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Doesn't matter. Its a Demonic Tutor grabbing EtW instead.
    Presumably if it's good enough, it replaces Ad Nauseam in a build with multiple copies of PiF and EtW maindeck? If you're going via PiF it functions just like IT except that it doesn't require an empty hand... Seems very good!

I can totally see this card as a 1-2 off in this deck.

My First testlist would be my GP Kyotolist
    -1 Ad Nauseam
    -1 Past in Flames
    +2 Dark Petition

I can't use this card at GP Lille......

Mar 2010
    Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by sawatarix View Post
    I can totally see this card as a 1-2 off in this deck.

My First testlist would be my GP Kyotolist
    -1 Ad Nauseam
    -1 Past in Flames
    +2 Dark Petition

I can't use this card at GP Lille......
    My first thought was:
    4 IT
    2-3 DP
    1 PiF
    1 EtW
    1 ToA

With an Ad Nauseam in the board.
    37th GP Ams'11 | 80th GP Stras '13 | 5th BoM Paris '13 | 12th GP Lille '15

I think 5 initial mana to play it is too much , my 2 cents

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Unplayable.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Exactly Jamie.

The only issue is the 5cc casting costs which means that it's still a spell pierce/Daze target even if we have 2-3 Rituals.
    We need all our power rituals back, which means 4 Drits 4 CabalRits and up to 2 Rain of Filth.
    Carpet of Flowers from the sb are also set in stone.

Nov 2006
    Nijmegen, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Ancestral View Post
    I think 5 initial mana to play it is too much , my 2 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Alexander View Post
    Unplayable.
    What? This card costs as much as Infernal Tutor, doesn't require you to empty your hand, and functions as a 1 mana ritual that produces 2 storm. The only disadvantage is that it's bad with the second LED.
    "Part of me belives that Barrin taught me meditation simply to shut me up."

-Ertai, wizard adept

http://solidarityprimer.proboards85.com/index.cgi

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

It costs five, not two, still requires you to play your rituals first and has no uses outside of the comboturn. I think it's even worse than Grim, which is already horrendous.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamuth View Post
    What? This card costs as much as Infernal Tutor, doesn't require you to empty your hand, and functions as a 1 mana ritual that produces 2 storm. The only disadvantage is that it's bad with the second LED.
    It costs 5 mana, and you don't get the BBB until it resolves, so it's suuuuper vulnerable to spell pierces/dazes. Still might be worth testing though, but I don't have my hopes very high for it.

Thread Information