Page 24 of 313 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Quote Originally Posted by sawatarix View Post
    Lemnear and i pondered during Bom 8 about gifts ungiven+more rituals.
    Gifts -> tutor,pif and 2 rituals or pif and 3 rituals if you will.
    While it still looks strong,there were 2 downsides:
    -
    Cc4 and gifts should be cast during our opponents eot.
    - if we cast gifts during the comboturn our opponent can give us the "wrong" cards to disrupt our combo.

- Team RUG-STAR Berlin -
    ...and then I thought of RIP and DRS and said to myself: "why da hell should I make those cards even better ?!"
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

What would be the forth best cantrip in legacy right now?
    And i'm talking about cantrips ,not draw-1 spells like gitaxian probe.

1. Brainstorm
    2. Ponder
    3. Preordain
    4. ?

I need input,thx in advance !

- Team RUG-STAR Berlin -

What would be the forth best cantrip in legacy right now?
    And i'm talking about cantrips ,not draw-1 spells like gitaxian probe.

1. Brainstorm
    2. Ponder
    3. Preordain
    4. ?

I need input,thx in advance !

- Team RUG-STAR Berlin -

It has to be Serum Vision. Although it is a "draw-1" spell. Nonetheless, the best among the rest. :P

Site Contributor
    Aug 2010

I would play portent or top as a 2 mana cantrip or impulse/peer through depths way before touching serum visions or sleight of hand

Mar 2012
    Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Gatz View Post
    I would play portent or top as a 2 mana cantrip or impulse/peer through depths way before touching serum visions or sleight of hand
    After a certain point, we're just cantripping into cantrips that cantrip into more cantrips. After maxing out Brainstorm, Ponder, and Probe, I only have room for two Preordains. I can see the logic behind running the 12-trip versions, but jesus, I can't imagine having to slog through a deck with 16 cantrip effects. There are already enough times where my hands are Bayou and 1,000 U spells.
    Legacy: ANT
    Modern: Scapewish
    Standard: Devotion

Jan 2010
    Scotland/France

This deck doesn't need more cantrips.
    Quote Originally Posted by catmint View Post
    To me combo is a like a flower:
    - It can shine for a day drawing all the attention to it (see hypes and flame "bad xyz" threads)
    - There are certain season where flowers have a really hard time (metagame cycles)
    - If the environment becomes to hostile flowers die (too much hate & bannings)

Hi Guys,

Im playing burning ant for a while. I like the answers burning wish provides. It however is a bit clunky.
    Today i was thinking about personal tutor. What do you guys think? Maybe a list with 4 infernal tutor; 2/3 personal tutor and 1 grim tutor could work.
    What do you guys think?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by R3D View Post
    Hi Guys,

Im playing burning ant for a while. I like the answers burning wish provides. It however is a bit clunky.
    Today i was thinking about personal tutor. What do you guys think? Maybe a list with 4 infernal tutor; 2/3 personal tutor and 1 grim tutor could work.
    What do you guys think?
    I think that the topic was discussed in this thread at least one time before. It's sorcery speed, can't get you cards like Ad Nauseam or Chain of Vapor, is carddisadvantage. LDV is strickly better.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I think that the topic was discussed in this thread at least one time before. It's sorcery speed, can't get you cards like Ad Nauseam or Chain of Vapor, is carddisadvantage. LDV is strickly better.
    Thanks for your respons.
    Not sure if you can call ldv strictly better since the nature of the card is a bit different, but that's a whole different discussion. It would probably serve the goal better then personal tutor will do :)
    My thinking was changing the deck to: t1 personal tutor for empty. This may be to straining for the manabase and ldv will probably still do a better job.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by R3D View Post
    Thanks for your respons.
    Not sure if you can call ldv strictly better since the nature of the card is a bit different, but that's a whole different discussion. It would probably serve the goal better then personal tutor will do :)
    My thinking was changing the deck to: t1 personal tutor for empty. This may be to straining for the manabase and ldv will probably still do a better job.
    The Main problem here is that Personal Tutor gives your opponent a whole turn to plan ahead for EtW then. Possible Arguments with Personal Tutor and Gitaxian Probe are too artificial for my taste even if that combination would work out by fetching PIF and ToA (via flashback)

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    The Main problem here is that Personal Tutor gives your opponent a whole turn to plan ahead for EtW then. Possible Arguments with Personal Tutor and Gitaxian Probe are too artificial for my taste even if that combination would work out by fetching PIF and ToA (via flashback)
    I agree with you that it will give the opponent too much time to prepare for empty. Also about setting up with gitaxian probe: this demands too much card combinations.

Jun 2012
    Argentina

any thoughts/sideboard advice for reanimator? i went 4-1 in a legacy chalenge an lost 2-1 against reanimator, this is not the first time that this archetype ruins my day when im playing ant

@personal tutor:
    I can image a build with a couple of tutor in combination with 2-3 senseis devining top to draw the desired card during the same turn.
    Have to test it,it seems slow because of top on the other hand.

@reanimator:
    Is one of the few bad matchups we have to be honest.
    Adding countermagic (flusterstorm,swansong,pyroblast) and graveyard-hate (surgical extraction) or speed (second ad nauseam) helps.

- Team RUG-STAR Berlin -

@personal tutor:
    I can image a build with a couple of tutor in combination with 2-3 senseis devining top to draw the desired card during the same turn.
    Have to test it,it seems slow because of top on the other hand.
    -
    Sensei makes me think of doomsday :D wait, this is going way too far since there is already a card needed to draw into the personal tutor target.
    Can't help it that hybrids are still keeping my interest.

I have played Ant with 2 Ad Nauseams for a while now and i'm also interested in other builds.

What is the secret behind the 2- Past in Flames Decks?
    Some people run a second copy of pif and i'm wondering why.
    Does it make the deck faster?
    There will be more comboturns where you won't have a tutor but 1-3 cantrips and rituals to hopefully find a tutor or the tendrils i guess?
    Please share your experience with 2 or maybe 3 past in flames in the maindeck :-)

- Team RUG-STAR Berlin -

Colonizer of Dreams

Aug 2009

I have played Ant with 2 Ad Nauseams for a while now and i'm also interested in other builds.

There will be more comboturns where you won't have a tutor but 1-3 cantrips and rituals to hopefully find a tutor or the tendrils i guess?
    Please share your experience with 2 or maybe 3 past in flames in the maindeck :-)
    Talking about this version?

4 Dark Ritual
    4 Cabal Ritual
    1 Rain of Filth
    4 Infernal Tutor
    3 Tendrils of Agony
    2 Past in Flames
    4 Ponder
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    1 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Duress
    1 Thoughtseize
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond

4 Polluted Delta
    4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Bayou
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Volcanic Island
    1 Island
    1 Swamp

Sideboard:

2 Ad Nauseam
    1 Burning Wish
    1 Chain of Vapor
    2 Dread of Night
    3 Carpet of Flowers
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Xantid Swarm

For instance ya.

Most of the lists run 2 pif 2 toa and sometimes 1 empty main

- Team RUG-STAR Berlin -

That decklist reminds the storm list before ad nauseam.

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk

- Team RUG-STAR Berlin -
    Speed, awesome resiliency, fow-proof scenarios, blind pif, aside worse ad nauseam makes the deck next level in every good aspect... Never played 3 - 2 in hand is not a preferable situation, usualy, additional storm spells not necessary, played with both ad nauseam 2 pif and grim tutor ~2 years back and would take 2 pif before a grim in AdN list, the "true" grinding station concept plays out bit different, my list is kind of 1 foot on both sides

Mar 2012
    Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by SaberTooth View Post
    any thoughts/sideboard advice for reanimator? i went 4-1 in a legacy chalenge an lost 2-1 against reanimator, this is not the first time that this archetype ruins my day when im playing ant
    I think we just lose this one, but I'm still trying to figure it out myself. The usual tactics we use to fight against FoW/Daze decks don't work because they can just untap and kill us. It doesn't help that every Reanimator player is a lucksack and a terrible human being.
    Legacy: ANT
    Modern: Scapewish
    Standard: Devotion

Thread Information