Page 7 of 313 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [DTB] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Quote Originally Posted by davelin View Post
    The original question didn't stipulate when the Chalice @ 1 landed. I agree if we assume it lands turn one we are in a very bad shape, but I would stipulate that is probably still the case with Decays since ANT typically plays with 2-3 and Chalice is shutting off our ability to dig for them.
    Those are still additional OUTS and single-card-solutions in addition which doesn't require a combination of 3-4 cards in your hand to beat Chalice. ;)
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Those are still additional OUTS and single-card-solutions in addition which doesn't require a combination of 3-4 cards in your hand to beat Chalice. ;)
    Fair enough :-)

Aug 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post
    What are others thoughts of Burning ANT? I think Burning Wish is good vs. Meddling Mage, not to mention giving you ways to kill Teeg, Chalice, Leyline and CB.

I'm currently playing the following targets:

Empty the Warrens
    Grapeshot
    Grim Tutor
    Massacre
    Meltdown
    Past in Flames
    Reverent Silence
    Tendrils of Agony
    Thoughtseize

I played something similar
    - R. silence
    - Grapeshot
    Thoughtseize-> the 8th discard of the suite
    PiF-> IGG

I liked it. My plan versus CB was to win fast( it did not work out in my games) but that requires drawing the nuts, but with 7 tutors instead of the normal 4( or 5) plus cantrips its somewhat feasible. even just early empty for 10 puts them on a pretty large back foot. the logic was flawed though because they also have countermagic for days. i have since moved back to 4 color with a grim, a chrome mox, and a preordain in place of the 3 burning wish. not sure on whcih is better. always a meta call.

The last 3-4 spots in this deck make all the difference

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I doubt the deck it really suited to support Burning Wish aka a full UBRg manabase without giving up it's feature of being able to operate off Basic lands. Bob, I could easily see you getting in troubles against Wasteland and Stifle at times with Burning Wish. However, a Burning Wish ANT made 3rd at the last BoM even if the deck played out pretty random from what I have witnessed

Arguing for T1 EtW with Burning Wish is strange, as it rises the question of why not playing TES instead.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Aug 2010
    Seattle, WA

I doubt the deck it really suited to support Burning Wish aka a full UBRg manabase without giving up it's feature of being able to operate off Basic lands. Bob, I could easily see you getting in troubles against Wasteland and Stifle at times with Burning Wish. However, a Burning Wish ANT made 3rd at the last BoM even if the deck played out pretty random from what I have witnessed

Arguing for T1 EtW with Burning Wish is strange, as it rises the question of why not playing TES instead.
    The 4 color build was without burning wish and more inline with what this thread is proposing(one volcanic, one trop, 2 sea), the burning wish build was strictly 3 color and without green.

I like the long game of ANT better. and feel it better suits my style of play. The T1 empty is just an option if it is absolutely needed. as the case for the CB matchup, there are very short, small windows you have to jump through to go off and having the option of empty is pretty strong when you can't kill them outright. That being said I still find it very difficult to beat a highly skilled CB player. but then again i only play once every 4 or 5 months and don't touch cards in between at all.

Quote Originally Posted by anakyn View Post
    How do you handle Chalice @1 without Decay?
    You can't. You'll gamble for not facing MUD

Fair enough (and that's why I would never play without 2-3 Decay in a storm deck), but I don't think it's just a MUD-related problem.
    A full set of maindeck Chalices is also played by Tezzerator and Aggro Loam, while most Affinity and some Goblin lists play them in the sideboard (some Affinity list even maindeck).

I know we're talking about fringe decks, but both Tezzerator and Aggro Loam have won a Starcitygames tournament last year, while Affinity and Goblin keep being shuffled by many players, so it's not that unlikely to face them in competitive events.
    I would include also Stax, if only he hadn't disappeared from the meta (thanks god).

But sure: among these, MUD is the deck against which storm decks have more problems.

How effective is the extra Ad Naus in the sideboard?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by cheerios View Post
    How effective is the extra Ad Naus in the sideboard?
    Who does this?

Join us at Facebook!

Few players such as Timo Schunemann (http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=12122&iddeck=88836) and Max Sjoblom (http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=12373&iddeck=90675) had success with this card in the sideboard. I've been testing it vs fair decks and control decks. Sometimes it's great to just double dark rit into Ad Naus vs fair decks but I've also died several times to flipping Past In Flames then the 2nd Ad Naus (9 life in two cards). I wonder if there are also other players practicing the same strategy.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Few players such as Timo Schunemann (http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=12122&iddeck=88836) and Max Sjoblom (http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=12373&iddeck=90675) had success with this card in the sideboard. I've been testing it vs fair decks and control decks. Sometimes it's great to just double dark rit into Ad Naus vs fair decks but I've also died several times to flipping Past In Flames then the 2nd Ad Naus (9 life in two cards). I wonder if there are also other players practicing the same strategy.
    I'm sure that this is a typo in Timo's list, as several BoM lists were listed plain wrong on their website

Join us at Facebook!

I'm sure that this is a typo in Timo's list, as several BoM lists were listed plain wrong on their website
    Thanks for the info. I was wondering what was the reason behind it since based on my testing, it wasn't that great or significant.

Mar 2012
    Germany

Thanks for the info. I was wondering what was the reason behind it since based on my testing, it wasn't that great or significant.
    Timo's sideboard Ad Nauseam was a typo. It is a second Chain of Vapor. Max just copied his decklist and changed some cards. Therefore his second Ad Nauseam is only a copied typo ;)
    "I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming, I'd like to leave it the same way."

Oct 2013
    Georgia

4th Place finish by Ethan Jain-Washburn at SCG yesterday.

Has 4 Thoughtseize in the 75 (1 main) and a Telemin Performance (Honestly, I'm a little confused as to why this is here) in the side.
    Along w/ a Grim Tutor.

Quite a bit of life loss w/ Seize/Grim/Probe main.

Obviously did very well with it...lost to that Jund Depths brew in the Semi's.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardTron View Post
    ... and a Telemin Performance (Honestly, I'm a little confused as to why this is here) in the side.
    It is quit good against other Storm decks and Lands as they do not run any creatures, at least in the Main, so it is a 5 mana "I win"-spell, which has also applications against Show and Tell.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by BeardTron View Post
    4th Place finish by Ethan Jain-Washburn at SCG yesterday.

Has 4 Thoughtseize in the 75 (1 main) and a Telemin Performance (Honestly, I'm a little confused as to why this is here) in the side.
    Along w/ a Grim Tutor.

Quite a bit of life loss w/ Seize/Grim/Probe main.

Obviously did very well with it...lost to that Jund Depths brew in the Semi's.
    To board Telemin for Ad Nauseam in combo-mirrors

Join us at Facebook!

And Omnitell and High Tide and Sneak Attack :)

Dec 2010
    GermOney

Quote Originally Posted by Asgar View Post
    And Omnitell and High Tide and Sneak Attack :)
    Well, I think the term "combo-mirrors" includes these archetypes, too.^^

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJester View Post
    Well, I think the term "combo-mirrors" includes these archetypes, too.^^
    At least I intended it ;)

Join us at Facebook!

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

To board Telemin for Ad Nauseam in combo-mirrors
    Board it in vs. me, please please please? :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

what's the best strategy to fight discard with graveyatd hate? Aside from going off early, I've been relying on the goblins plan lately versus this kind of deck. I find it hard to reach 10 storm. Any advise experienced storm troopers?

Thread Information