Thread: Fifth Place with TMWA

Mar 2012
    Northern PA

Fifth Place with TMWA

Here's the link to my tournament report for my finish at Mythic Games November Vintage Tournament. I'm Phil.

http://mythicgameselmira.com/article/article.html

Known Sourcers:

Jacob-JPettie
    Timur-Zirath
    Kevin-Arianrhod
    I'm Phil. I play red.

Worldslayer Count: 246. I need more.

MTGO: WorldslayerGuy I mostly play Limited.

Brisbane Legacy regular
    Jan 2009
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Fifth Place with TMWA

Thanks for the report, mate, great read. You just crushed some of those games! I would NOT like to play against that deck with UR Landstill.

I also liked the loser's bracket elimination playoffs too, that is a great idea. Did the losers in the quarter finals all enjoy sticking around to play more games, or did they want to ditch?

Mar 2012
    Northern PA

Quote Originally Posted by pandaman View Post
    Thanks for the report, mate, great read. You just crushed some of those games! I would NOT like to play against that deck with UR Landstill.

I also liked the loser's bracket elimination playoffs too, that is a great idea. Did the losers in the quarter finals all enjoy sticking around to play more games, or did they want to ditch?
    For the most part, people wanted to leave. There was discussion before the top 8 of chopping, but we decided to play it out, since the split prizes would have been less than $100. Given that it was the first weekend I had without my kids in months, I was all for playing more.
    I'm Phil. I play red.

Brisbane Legacy regular
    Jan 2009
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Ah ha. What did 5 to 8 end up with, and what level of prize do you think would have convinced them to enjoy staying?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Mar 2012
    Northern PA

Quote Originally Posted by pandaman View Post
    Ah ha. What did 5 to 8 end up with, and what level of prize do you think would have convinced them to enjoy staying?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Fifth got $50 store credit. Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth got a pat on the back.

Vintage isn't huge in this area right now (sizable base, but not huge, even with proxies allowed). I thought the prize structure was OK, not sure how much more the store owner would have wanted to put up.
    I'm Phil. I play red.

Thanks for the report. I like mono red in Vintage as it plays differently than the other prison deck (and preys on it a little bit). No Welder anywhere in the 75? Or Recruiter? He's the red trinket mage ;)

Mar 2012
    Northern PA

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Thanks for the report. I like mono red in Vintage as it plays differently than the other prison deck (and preys on it a little bit). No Welder anywhere in the 75? Or Recruiter? He's the red trinket mage ;)
    Considered Welder, but ultimately decided against running it. Would have been useful after the Tinker play, but I don't think it would have helped any other time, given the artifact hate already in the deck.

Hadn't even considered Recruiter. Probably could have had a spot in the deck.
    I'm Phil. I play red.

Welder is also incredibly savage in tandem with Gorilla Shaman--especially against shops, but also against Vault-Key. Eat moxen, weld out artifacts for moxen, rinse and repeat.

Thread Information