Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have this ever happened to you?

Re: Have this ever happened to you?

I'm confused. They were dismissing your deck whilst you happily (and consistently) smashed them with it? Learn to let stuff roll off your back. "Cool, thanks for the tips. I have to go pick up my winnings now. Bye."

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

I just want to say that UWR wasn't that good before TNN was a thing. Geist is bad.
    Team Hammafist-We don't take kindly to those who don't take kindly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jander78 View Post
    You still have to appreciate a well timed "fuck yall niggas" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    WotC should either stop printing such good blue creatures or start printing more Hammerfist Giants
    "Got any trade boogas?"

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyQuinn View Post
    I'm confused. They were dismissing your deck whilst you happily (and consistently) smashed them with it? Learn to let stuff roll off your back. "Cool, thanks for the tips. I have to go pick up my winnings now. Bye."
    Never heard about that thing called "psychic someting"?
    I totally do understand what happened, sometimes even good results are not enough when everybody mocks you. Otoh, this is not football and one should be able to overcome the urge to throw away the cards just to make the crowd happy.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool09 View Post
    My point was it took, pros to convince the regulars at my lgs to see I made a decent deck back then.
    My point was that you are wrong about that. If you read my post, you will know why as I clearly addressed its about winning something, not about being a pro.

Also, you really seem to give to much about what others think of your deck. If you made a decent deck back then, props to you. If you are winning with it a lot, that's awesome! And then you put it away, because your peers said it still sucked..? I guess that should be even more reason for you to smash face. I mean, when the early iterations of D&T/Maverick came up, lots of people were overly critical about it (as with almost every new deck). Joke's on them half a year later.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

I remember two of these things, both of them in Ravnica-era:

In Extended, I worked on a CAL (Confinement Assault Loam) deck, but I just couldn't get the mana to work, and for Standard I was working on Warp World combo. Both of these were from Ravnica's release. Both were independent of the Pro players of the time. And both were hilarious to watch playing, though WW could do a fine Solidarity impression of One Big Turn.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    I remember two of these things, both of them in Ravnica-era:

In Extended, I worked on a CAL (Confinement Assault Loam) deck, but I just couldn't get the mana to work, and for Standard I was working on Warp World combo. Both of these were from Ravnica's release. Both were independent of the Pro players of the time. And both were hilarious to watch playing, though WW could do a fine Solidarity impression of One Big Turn.
    I definitely remember playing against a Warp World deck during some Standard season. I swear my opponent was running like 17 Bogardan Hellkites for it to work as often as it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    I definitely remember playing against a Warp World deck during some Standard season. I swear my opponent was running like 17 Bogardan Hellkites for it to work as often as it did.
    Yeah, that was a variant - mine ran with Galvanic Arc and Fists of Ironwood alongside Anarchist for the potential to go infinite. So you could conceivably take down a Life combo player with it.

Mar 2013
    Bury, Manchester, England

I was tuning my UW Miracles deck and after about half an hour of working stuff out ended up with Shardless BUG minus Liliana, I think. It was quite a surreal experience. I do it all the time. I'll work on something for ages, and then later on find an incredibly similar deck that does well, did well, or was always just bad. It's always hilarious, and always makes me kind of sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by useL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    If you pay me or give me some benefits, I might consider writing reports.
    Can I pay you for not posting in this thread?
    The conspiracy goes deeper than you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    That's.... that's not how deckbuilding works.

Only happend with the "obvious" decks back in the old days: make a deck play it, post it and see a lot of other people had thought the same across the globe.

Godzilla.dec
    Rec/Sur (so obvious I don't even think it counts lol).
    Post-necro AK/Intuition/Sapphire Trix with a few buddies on mtgnews forum.
    Pattern/Rector in block.
    Welder/Tinker in block.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

I'd love to play Warp World deck in Legacy. It'll be funny.

Hey, I just remebered that in fact I got a similar experience! I built an UW Control back in 1997 or so, without seen any such deck prior to it. Otoh, this hardly may count, as 1) a frined of mine played U Control which inspired me and 2) another friend of mine played Blackblade Control which also inspired me.
    So it was quite obvious to put StPs, counterspells, WoGs, Mahamotis, Serra Angels, Control Magics + CoAs and such into one deck, so the only real comparison is that some ppl mocked the deck... becasue they were losing to it.

Apr 2011
    Århus, Denmark

Uhm, guys? Why are you all writing about those decks that weren't really good, or weren't good but were close to something that other players made before/after that was an actual good deck, or that one good deck that was good but then you didn't want to play it anyway because silly reasons?

This tread is clearly about Snowball.
    Add more land.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowPenguin View Post
    Uhm, guys? Why are you all writing about those decks that weren't really good, or weren't good but were close to something that other players made before/after that was an actual good deck, or that one good deck that was good but then you didn't want to play it anyway because silly reasons?

This tread is clearly about Snowball.
    Hey hey HEY.

Zombie Bidding was the shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Thread Information