Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1397

Thread: [Deck] Sneak and Show

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

Re: [DTB] Sneak and Show

I see from JPA's latest list that he's back on Cunning Wishes with the instant-speed kill (with Impulse and not Split Decision, so not deterministic). Any chance of hearing reasoning? Trying to get settled on my list for the team GP.
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Ok, so I've been noticing recently that the Cunning Wish version has been more popular recently (or at least putting up more results I suppose). I'll say up front that while I have experience with all of the various forms of this deck, I have the most experience, and am currently playing, the traditional version with no Cunning Wish but 2 Omniscience maindeck. I know in an abstract sense what the allure to playing Cunning Wish and a wish board with an instant speed kill is (mewanyk did a nice job last page quickly summing that up). But I specifically want to know why this version is more popular now considering these troubling Grixis Delver times we're living in. I feel like this version is worse against delver than the traditional version for several reasons: 1) Omniscience typically feels like a win more card against Delver - just getting a Griselbrand or Sneak Attack into play is usually enough against them so I don't like cutting core cards to become more Omni reliant; 2) Cunning wish is clunkly as hell against the Daze/Spell Pierce deck; 3) I'd rather have real sideboard cards rather than niche stuff like Firemind's Foresight and Release the Ants that are only good in one very specific situation.

Am I missing something about the Cunning Wish version that makes it great against delver? I understand that if your meta is full of D&T and Moon Stompy then you probably don't have a choice but to play cunning wish, but it seems to me that the traditional version of the deck does better against Delver, and right now I'd want to position my SnS deck to have the most game possible against delver strategies.

tl;dr - If Delver is public enemy #1, why play Cunning Wish?
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

I think of buying into Sneak and Show or Grixis Delver but I am a combo player at hearth so I tend a bit more to S&S. Anyway I have tasted the several versions of the deck a bit, even an Eureka build . For me the straight version does it best. Cunning Wish is clunky as hell, so it`s Intuition but I play it as a 1-off main instead of 1 Preordain. I also cutted the 2 Omniscience. Me too felt that is just win more and it only works when you could cast your Show and Tell, but than you should be in a good spot already, from where you`re able to win the game (that doesn`t count against D&T and the priest). I always wanted to have more counters for counter wars against delver and miracles and without omniscience I have room for 2 additional Flusterstorm or 2 Spell Pierce depends on which you prefer. Further I like one Blood Moon in the main.

Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    I see from JPA's latest list that he's back on Cunning Wishes with the instant-speed kill (with Impulse and not Split Decision, so not deterministic). Any chance of hearing reasoning? Trying to get settled on my list for the team GP.
    I'm new to the deck and continually manage to lose to myself when it actually matters, but I have what is probably the answer. Split Decision isn't on MTGO.

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceMasterW View Post
    I'm new to the deck and continually manage to lose to myself when it actually matters, but I have what is probably the answer. Split Decision isn't on MTGO.
    That solves that, although there are still the questions of A) why play Cunning Wishes and B) if playing Cunning Wishes, why play the instant-speed kill. My answer to A is that I want a better Death & Taxes matchup, but I don't have an answer to B. I win more with Blood Moons than I do with Firemind's Foresight and Release the Ants and don't have room for both.
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

JPA got top16 in GP Birmingham. Congratulations!

https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/...sts-2018-05-12
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

No one talking about the new sideboard tech?

Arcane Artisan 2U
    Creature

2U tap: Target player draws a card then exile a card from his hand. If a creature card was exile this way, that player creates a token that's a copy of this card.

When ~~ leaves play, exile all tokens created with it at the beginning of next end step.

It could be a nice sideboard tech for match ups where the opponent removes all removal from their deck and for the Mirror too.
    Also, it goes around containment priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    No one talking about the new sideboard tech?

Arcane Artisan 2U
    Creature

2U tap: Target player draws a card then exile a card from his hand. If a creature card was exile this way, that player creates a token that's a copy of this card.

When ~~ leaves play, exile all tokens created with it at the beginning of next end step.

It could be a nice sideboard tech for match ups where the opponent removes all removal from their deck and for the Mirror too.
    Also, it goes around containment priest.
    I posted this in the battlebond thread:

I'm very excited to test Arcane Artisan in the sideboard of Sneak and Show. I've had a good deal of success recently siding in Grim Lavamancer because everyone always boards out their removal, and I think this will end up playing the same way, at least at first when no one has any idea what this card is. 2U is right in the sweet spot of realistic casting costs, it gets around hate cards like Containment Priest, it'll be good in the mirror and against stompy decks with Ensnaring Bridge, and even if you don't have a creature, it still just loots and that has a lot of value in a combo deck. Cool card.

I'll add that while I'm a little weary of boarding in stuff that gets hosed by REB, this at least pushes the deck in a direction where you can start taxing that card. I've always strongly disliked Through the Breach and will gladly cut those from my board in order to test this card out. The fact that this is, at bottom, an expensive looter, combined with the upside of being another combo enabler, makes me really excited to try this.
    From nothing came teeth.

I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

one interaction that i find also interresting if people are keeping removal after sideboarding:

Sneak attack --> Artisan --> Grisel or emrakul :)

a bit slow, but at least, your fatty stays there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    one interaction that i find also interresting if people are keeping removal after sideboarding:

Sneak attack --> Artisan --> Grisel or emrakul :)

a bit slow, but at least, your fatty stays there.
    At least for an extra turn, but getting the blocking utility out of the creature is always good too. Probably won't come up except for once in a blue moon, but these are the kind of interactions that will win you a game from time to time. I've definitely snuck a Grim Lavamancer before to get those final two points of damage.
    From nothing came teeth.

Hey guys, I am new to this deck, but I have been eyeing it for a while. I am testing out the Cunning wish version online atm. However, I am a little at a loss of why certain cards are in the wish board and I was hoping you could help me out.

Specifically what is the benefit of release the ants and fireminds foresight. With ants all I can see is that you have omni in play and just cast it over and over again if you win the first clash.

Firemind's Foresight gets Cunning Wish, Impulse, Brainstorm. Cunning Wish gets Release the Ants. Impulse finds Griz/Emrakul or more cantrips that eventually find Griz/Emrakul. Brainstorm puts that big fatty on top. Release the Ants kills them.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    Firemind's Foresight gets Cunning Wish, Impulse, Brainstorm. Cunning Wish gets Release the Ants. Impulse finds Griz/Emrakul or more cantrips that eventually find Griz/Emrakul. Brainstorm puts that big fatty on top. Release the Ants kills them.
    This is all in the setting of omni in play?

Yes. It means that once Omniscience is in play, Cunning Wish is instant-speed lethal.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

So probe and Drs ACTUALLY got banned... Tbh I'm in shock still... So what does that do for us... I think we get a better meta position now not amazing but good we now just have to concentrate on dnt and reanimator

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Quote Originally Posted by Warbeast View Post
    So probe and Drs ACTUALLY got banned... Tbh I'm in shock still... So what does that do for us... I think we get a better meta position now not amazing but good we now just have to concentrate on dnt and reanimator
    I do believe it is a good news for us. And I just drop my delver and sleeved the SNT up. I think the meta would be slower than before and would have less combinations of counter/discard. I boldly predict snt(with cunning wish and omniscience) would be well positioned in the future.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

JPA's 5-0 deck has some "traditional" sideboard:
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...gue-2018-07-07

How about the performance of the Leylines?
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Do you guys think it would be at all viable to cut Flusterstorm, Preordain, Spell Pierce, Lotus Petal, Ominscience, the Sol Lands, and some number of the combo cards (~14 cards) and replace them with Swords, Snapcasters, Bolts, and Counterspell.

Basically, the idea is to build the deck more like a control deck that can threaten a combo kill.

Hello everyone,

Is there a link or a post on this site where I can check the side-in and the site-out of JPA, to get an idea of ​​how to side-in/out?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Blood View Post
    Do you guys think it would be at all viable to cut Flusterstorm, Preordain, Spell Pierce, Lotus Petal, Ominscience, the Sol Lands, and some number of the combo cards (~14 cards) and replace them with Swords, Snapcasters, Bolts, and Counterspell.

Basically, the idea is to build the deck more like a control deck that can threaten a combo kill.
    Not really as your combo is more fragile than you think and the cards you're adding don't protect it at all. The cards you're cutting are either efficient protection or more redundancy, things that the deck is built to take advantage of.

Thread Information