Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Sneak and Show

Re: [DTB] Sneak and Show

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Superior View Post
    ... decks losing Treasure Cruise means that we'll see more Spell Pierces, targeted discard, Liliana, and other annoyances that other people shaved from their decks to fit Cruise in. I still think Sneak and Show is very good in the format but I actually feel like we were slightly better positioned in the Treasure Cruise meta.
    Agreed. With Cruise gone, the default decks are going to be Miracles, BUG Delver, Shardless BUG and Dredge. Burn will likely see a rise in popularity as well, considering how it has a strong matchup against the BUG decks. The Delver deck players with limited card pools are going to remain with pre-Cruise UR lists.

Anybody here going to Indy for the "last hoorah" Legacy open for a while?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    --Complaining about combo decks, cheap threats, and less player interaction--
    Welcome to legacy bra.

I am planning on going to Indy with either this or my personal variant on Jund Depths featuring Top over Faithless Looting. My decision will basically come down to how prevalent combo appears in Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassigned View Post
    I've been playing since Alpha... I sold everything back in 2007 after my wife and I got together because I hadn't played in almost 2 years. A few years later, I got a job where people invited me one evening to a home draft, won the draft and got the itch again. I ended up contacting a friend of mine who kept all of his cards from "back in the day" and made him an offer on everything, letting him know I wasn't going to pay even close to retail because I wanted to play the game competitively and not make a profit off of him.
    This. You'd be amazed as to how many collections are collecting dusts in a closet. I've had an untouched SnT, Sneak Attack, Tabernacle, Cradle, and some other junk just sitting in boxes in my closet for +10 years. And I'm only 22. Got em all from a bud, who got em from a bud. Makes me want to travel the USA buying people attic MTG collections in search of gold.

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Congratulations to dcosiem for winning the DC Legacy IQ with this list !

Splitting time between Legacy, EDH and Alterations
    Sep 2007
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Looks like a fairly standard list. What's the consensus on Dig Through Time vs Intuition?

Cheez
    Nov 2011
    Rockville, MD

Thank you JPA!
    2015 SCG Washington D.C. IQ Legacy Champion - 1st place w/ Sneak and Show

Follow me on http://www.twitch.tv/dcosiem/ for Legacy on Cockatrice.

If you want to play me on Cockatrice, add me as dcosiem.

Dig has a big probability element in only looking at 7 cards. If you have the enabler and need the fatty or vice versa, there's a reasonable chance you'll see what you need, but it might not be the one you want. You can also get lucky and get what you need + a force or something. You can also get unlucky and whiff.

Intuition is costlier but it gets exactly what you need and only whiffs in rare situations where you can't get 3 copies from your deck. Even then it has utility.

Quote Originally Posted by dcosiem View Post
    Thank you JPA!
    Waiting on that report. :-P
    Welcome to legacy bra.

Cheez
    Nov 2011
    Rockville, MD

Waiting on that report. :-P
    I don't feel like doing a report. I'm sorry. There's too much to write.
    2015 SCG Washington D.C. IQ Legacy Champion - 1st place w/ Sneak and Show

Follow me on http://www.twitch.tv/dcosiem/ for Legacy on Cockatrice.

If you want to play me on Cockatrice, add me as dcosiem.

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by dcosiem View Post
    I don't feel like doing a report. I'm sorry. There's too much to write.

Dude, record yourself instead if you're not too shy (can be without video) :-). That's a LOT easier and more comfortable innit?

How is the burn match up with this deck? I played some matches and it was really hard too win.
    Have you any advices?

Quote Originally Posted by Deckerator View Post
    How is the burn match up with this deck? I played some matches and it was really hard too win.
    Have you any advices?
    Put a big monster into play before you die.
    Welcome to legacy bra.

Resident Proctologist
    Oct 2008
    Muncie, Indiana

Put a big monster into play before you die.
    Don't forget Leyline sideboards.

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Deckerator View Post
    Have you any advices?
    Aside from obvious stuff like countering lethal or 4 damage+ burn spells, here are some tips:

- Always FoW early Goblin Guides / Eidolons unless you have the combo ready for turn 1/2/3.

- For early Show and Tells, if you can choose between the two, Emrakul is generally safer than Griselbrand, since they could put Sulfuric Vortex into play to make your Grisel useless and win the damage-race. Post-board (and late-game where they might alpha-strike you through Emrakul) you might want Griselbrand instead to help you find your bounce spells, in case they have Ensnaring Bridge or similar permanent hate.

- Good cards to board in are any bounce spell, Flusterstorm, Ashen Rider and Pyroclasm (+ more fringe sb-cards like Hydroblast and bad ones like Leyline of Sanctity).

However, the matchup is autopilot most of the time and HEAVILY in our favor.

Just to add to the above point, you can pretty confidently cast the earliest show and tell possible in most games. The only interaction burn will have will be red blast, ashen rider, or ensnaring bridge, and usually only 2-3 of any of these post board. Mainboard they have no answer except casting 3 burn spells on griselbrand, t2-3 emrakul is always a win unless they burn you out t3, which only happens in the perfect burn hands. If you can counter guide they can't kill you until t4-5.

Guide still being played with Swiftspear out?

This was heavily discussed in the burn thread, but the consensus is generally that guide will just deal more damage over the course of the game, and that playing with PoP (which has only gotten better since the recent meta changes) negates his downside against most decks.

Turn 1 swiftspear = 1 damage
    Turn 2 if you want to play eidelon, which you do in most matchups, swiftspear deals 1. If you bolt spike or bolt bolt she deals 3. Rift bolt won't trigger her until next turn, so if you only have one bolt/spike, she deals 2.
    Turn 3 is the best turn for swiftspear in burn, she might deal 4 for you (5 with 3 bolts + fireblast). However, any game where you follow up SS with eidelon then cast three spells, that's still only 6 damage total, the same as goblin guide (2)(2)(2). In some games she will have dealt 1-2 more.
    Turn 4 onwards you are probably out of gas, and she will deal 2 for the rest of the game, 1 on turns where you draw a land.

This belongs in the burn thread. But yeah, goblin guide is still around.

JPA, Congrats on your solid 20th place finish.

Did Dig Through Time do any work for you? I keep changing between one and two main lately, usually for a Spell Pierce.

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Polishguy00 View Post
    JPA, Congrats on your solid 20th place finish.

Did Dig Through Time do any work for you? I keep changing between one and two main lately, usually for a Spell Pierce.
    Thanks! Dig Through Time got me a game loss in Round 7 against Ben Wienburg, where I was up 1-0 (we were both 6-0) and had the game pretty much locked up, I mixed the seven cards from Dig with the cards in my hand while thinking which two to choose... After that, the tournament went pretty much downhill for me (from 6-0 to 11-4 in the end). Still, I'm very happy with the deck in the current metagame and the list felt good. Had a great time overall.

I will write down a report from what I remember later today or tomorrow.

Thread Information