Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970
Results 1,381 to 1,397 of 1397

Thread: [Deck] Sneak and Show

Re: [DTB] Sneak and Show

Quote Originally Posted by mulder View Post
    Seems somwhat light on graveyard hate... . I personally find two Grafdigger's Cage not sufficient against Reanimator, dredge and the like. The Cage might even be too slow if you're on the draw... . Blood Moons are not really necessary imo. Lands already is a very good matchup. It's ok against Eldrazi but only if you play it before turn 3... .
    My personal experience is that aggro decks that put down a Karakas have a very good chance of killing you before you have a chance of going off with Sneak Attack. Also, Blood Moon just take care of a lot of stuff in something like 4C Loam and still badly neuters a bunch of decks from Thresh to Shadow, so I find it a better catch-all card for my sideboard for matchups where buying time might be the issue, whether because they discarded a bunch of stuff from your hand or because you they can tempo you out with soft counters. I really like the Tyrant, though, that sounds like a very interesting option.
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I'll take "things that mean the same thing" for 200, Alec.

I came back from long hollydays and s and s is beetwen DBT!

Is omni the secret?

That and the fact that Grixis Delver isnt as played anymore due to Deathrite + Gitaxian Probe ban.

Jun 2012
    uk

Here is the deck that I want to start playing with. It's essentially net decked and I want to tweak it according to my local meta which at the moment is:

death and taxes
    reanimator
    eldrazi aggro
    infect
    burn
    miracles

The deck I'm building and want to run/tweak is:

Lands:

3 Island
    1 Mountain
    3 Flooded Strand
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    3 Volcanic Island

Creatures:

3 Griselbrand
    3 Emrakul, The Aeons Torn

Spells:

4 Show and Tell
    3 Sneak Attack
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    4 Lotus Petal
    2 Omniscience
    3 Cunning Wish
    4 Ponder
    2 Preordain
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Impulse
    1 Intuition
    1 Flusterstorm

Still need help with the sideboard according to this meta (want to include Firemind's Foresight and Release the Ants in it as well). Are there any improvements that can be made to this deck? After watching some games on youtube I can understand how this deck operates but I want to know what to look out for against the decks near the beginning of this post.
    Currently making / Playing:

Sneak and Show
    Shortcake Painter
    Pox

May it be a valid option to replace the 2 Omniscience in straight SnS with 2 Blood Moon and move Omniscience to the side? I am playing the deck for a while now and in most matchups I found Science pretty useless or Win more? Most of the time I just pitched it to Force. I know it`s the win against D&T, but that deck doesn`t see much play right now. Blood Moon would offer annother angle of attack and a game 1 answer to Karakas. It`s also strong against Dark Depths, Lands, Loam, Grixis Control and Delver strategies. So may Moon be completly wrong in the main?

Blood Moon is great against Lands but you already have a good matchup against that deck... . It's not that great against Delver either since playing a Blood Moon when they already have a few creatures on the board is not that good a way to spend your resources. Not to mention that Blood Moon can screw you too since you won't have any fetchlands anymore to shuffle with Brainstorms. Also against a lot of decks, Blood Moon does absolutely nothing. Omniscience helps you win matches that you otherwise wouldn't be able to win. I actually cut Blood Moons from my 75 completely and haven't looked back.

Re: [Deck] Sneak and Show

So are any of the new Planeswalkers a possible fit for Sneak and Show? Narset, maybe?

Nope, I don't want to play any of them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Narset is good when opponent has exact 0 board pressure. But under that situation you are winning sooner or later...
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Apr 2014
    Houston, TX

Anyone have any thoughts on the most recent 2nd place Challenge list? Can be found here: https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...nge-2019-07-29

3 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 Griselbrand
    4 Ponder
    2 Preordain
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Cunning Wish
    1 Flusterstorm
    4 Force of Will
    1 Intuition
    3 Spell Pierce
    4 Lotus Petal
    2 Omniscience
    4 Sneak Attack
    3 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    3 Flooded Strand
    3 Island
    1 Mountain
    4 Scalding Tarn
    1 Tropical Island
    2 Volcanic Island

1 Intuition
    1 Abrade
    1 Arcane Artisan
    1 Blood Moon
    1 Blue Elemental Blast
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Magmatic Sinkhole
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Surgical Extraction
    2 Veil of Summer

I'm not a regular Sneak and Show pilot, but the inclusion of the green splash is really interesting to me. Anyone care to comment on whether this is a flash in the pan or possibly the new norm going forward?

Aug 2010
    Athens, Greece

I am 40 years old with 2 kids, I haven't play in a tournament for months, but my mind always calculate cards and tricks for my favorite deck.
    I really like my own version of the deck, and I want to present it to you.
    It's more straight forward, with 10 enablers, low number in counters, and a trick to overcome some of the "soft counters" of the game.

4 Griselbrand
    4 Emrakul
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Sneak Attack
    2 Through the Breach

3 Grim Monolith

4 Lotus Petal
    2 Omniscience
    4 Ponder
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Preodrain
    4 Force Of Will
    19 Lands.

Grim Monolith really accelerate the game. You can car turn 2 a Sneak Attack or ThB. Additionally the extra produced mana can handle soft counters such as Spell Piece.

Thoughts accepted.

Στάλθηκε από το EVR-AL00 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Decided, against better judgement, to give this deck another go at GP Bologna. R1 I lose against burn, after my opponent mulligans and only plays one land the whole game. I keep a hand that has a few fatties, a volcanic and a few cantrips. I lose the die roll, cantrip three times and fail to find a colored land, petal, AND Show and Tell. G2 I am manascrewed again. I do get to attack with a Griselbrand while at one, but he has lethal on board. I draw 7 and fail to find an Emrakul while having an Omniscience on board and facing an opposing Pyrostatic Pillar.

R2 I lose against Storm. I lose the die roll. G1 he kills me on turn three, despite two or three cantrips I can't find one of my 8 counters. G2 I win after I draw 21 cards. G3 he opens with Xantid Swarm which I Force. T2 he plays Thougtseize, taking my second Force. He goes off the next turn through my Spell Pierce.

Conclusion (from all the previous tournaments): the deck is simply too slow and inconsistent to be tier one. 1 in 10 games you'll get a free win but 9 out of 10 times the deck simply durdles itself to death, your opponent is faster or plays cards you almost can't win against. I won't be playing it again in the near future.

Decided, against better judgement, to give this deck another go at GP Bologna. R1 I lose against burn, after my opponent mulligans and only plays one land the whole game. I keep a hand that has a few fatties, a volcanic and a few cantrips. I lose the die roll, cantrip three times and fail to find a colored land, petal, AND Show and Tell. G2 I am manascrewed again. I do get to attack with a Griselbrand while at one, but he has lethal on board. I draw 7 and fail to find an Emrakul while having an Omniscience on board and facing an opposing Pyrostatic Pillar.

R2 I lose against Storm. I lose the die roll. G1 he kills me on turn three, despite two or three cantrips I can't find one of my 8 counters. G2 I win after I draw 21 cards. G3 he opens with Xantid Swarm which I Force. T2 he plays Thougtseize, taking my second Force. He goes off the next turn through my Spell Pierce.

Conclusion (from all the previous tournaments): the deck is simply too slow and inconsistent to be tier one. 1 in 10 games you'll get a free win but 9 out of 10 times the deck simply durdles itself to death, your opponent is faster or plays cards you almost can't win against. I won't be playing it again in the near future.
    Sounds like a pretty iffy keep on that hand vs. burn.

Feel free to take your anecdotal evidence as proof, but I don't think your experience encapsulates the actuality of the deck's capabilities currently. This is certainly not my recent take on the archetype in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Sounds like a pretty iffy keep on that hand vs. burn.

Feel free to take your anecdotal evidence as proof, but I don't think your experience encapsulates the actuality of the deck's capabilities currently. This is certainly not my recent take on the archetype in general.

I've been playing the deck for several years but sure, call it anecdotal if you want. As I clearly said, it is not only from these 2 games but from all previous tournaments. Yes you do get free wins sometimes but much more often you will be durdling and cantripping or have your combo piece countered. If you draw the nuts every game you will probably win but then again that goes for every deck.

I've been playing the deck for several years but sure, call it anecdotal if you want. As I clearly said, it is not only from these 2 games but from all previous tournaments. Yes you do get free wins sometimes but much more often you will be durdling and cantripping or have your combo piece countered. If you draw the nuts every game you will probably win but then again that goes for every deck.
    Not trying to insult you. The last tournament was what I was referring to as anecdotal.

Can you post your list? Your perceived meta?

What people's thoughts on including Daze?

I run a fairly standard SnS list sans Cunning Wish... Took a short break before the era of Wrenn & Six and returned to find Oko everywhere!??!

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    3 Preordain
    1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Sneak Attack
    4 Griselbrand
    3 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    2 Omniscience
    4 Force of Will
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Flusterstorm
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Scalding Tarn
    2 Polluted Delta
    1 Flooded Strand
    3 Volcanic Island
    3 Island
    1 Mountain
    3 Anceint Tomb
    2 City of Traitors

Been considering whether to replace Spell Pierce and Flusterstorm with 4 Daze... allows you to go off a little faster with protection but you are left with softer counters than Pierce or Flusterstorm.

Thoughts?

Daze isn't especially good in a deck with multiple City of Traitors. It also can slow you down by interfering with your early land development, as well as not being a very good counter mid to late-game. Just my opinion.

Thread Information