Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1397

Thread: [Deck] Sneak and Show

Re: [DTB] Sneak and Show

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Is Abrade a playable card in this deck? I don't mean is it castable, I mean is it worth playing in my sideboard. I like that it can kill Leo in one shot, but still have added utility. However, in the opening post of this thread, it says that we are less affected by Chalice. I don't know in what comparison that is true, as I've been feeling very roughed up by it. It stops me from actively assembling the combo, and that feels relevant (obv). Does it stop me from casting the combo? No. Does it often make it impossible to assemble a combo to cast it? Yes.

I guess I'd like discussion on what an ideal sideboard looks like if there were a GP for Legacy tomorrow. There is a lot I am unsure of when it comes to this deck, as I don't play it often and don't have the knowledge to make the correct estimation of a card based on the strategy.

The emphasis is probably on Grixis Delver and DnT. Those seem to be the worst matchups. I guess I'd also be interested in BR Reanimator and the mirror. Elves seems to get hit by splash damage on a couple of these fronts (Cage for graveyard strategy, board wipe/Lavamancers). Does elves get hurt badly enough by Blood Moon turning off their Cradles that it's worth bringing in or is it just not a worthwhile strategy?

I appreciate the help.
    I play 1 abrade in my board.

I bring it in vs dnt delver eldrazi sometimes...

For me I see it as a card that hits a lot. Only things in the metal now that it don't hit are

Enchantments ( that are not around lately)
    Goyf( down in popularity)
    Angler
    Any creature in reanimator and mirror

And you mostly want it vs decks that can playany hate card that hoses us. Yes you have wipe away/echoing truth but abrade is permanent which gives it a leg up... But I would play abrade with one of them and not over one of them (unless playing both)

As for the rest of your question.. My board looks like this currently...

1 Red Elemental blast
    1 Grim Lavamancer
    1 Abrade
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Pyroclasm
    1 Kozeliks Return
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Blood Moon
    2 Omniscience
    3 Defense Grid

.... It might not be the ideal board but I feel confident in it. I feel that through the breech is not good anymore without boseju but tbh even with it I don't think outs good now my metal has allot of dnt still and reanimator comes up every so often... So I cut them for omni ifbwasteland was not as prevalent in my metal I could see playing a boseju or 2 in the 75(1 main 1 side) defense grid is for delver decks obviously to weaken theory counters a little hopefully enough for you to take advantage of it..
    Blood moon is pretty obvious as for now with lots of Czech pile going around. Surgical for reanimator koz return and Pyroclasm for dnt delver and elves as sweepers. GL Abrade truth as spot removal truth is good vs reanimator and reb as your extra counter in the board also can serve as removal in some matches.

Blood moon vs elves is not worth it though it does look good stopping cradle shenanigans making casting Leo hard as well as activating deathrite also daring them to draw the forest( not sure how many they run but I assume its more than 2)

So how do you board against DnT? It feels like the worst matchup. As a DnT player myself, I am concerned about the K's Return. 3 seems high for a board wipe, and gets hit by a Prelate naming 3, which is a problem, as a DnT player will know to name 3 for the issue of Blood Moon and the obvious SnT. It's why I've never been able to try it. Can't get past that. I have an Engineered Explosives in the slot, but is kind of mediocre in a 2 color list, although being able to blow up chalice is a big plus in my opinion. I guess Abrade does that, along with Truth (just a 1-turn reprieve, but a lot of the time it's all you need).

I like that you use 3 Defense Grid. How do you board against Grixis Delver? I read in the opening post to board out Pierces, but then it instructs one to bring in Flusterstorm, and that confuses me. I also wonder if Jace tMS is good in this meta somewhere in the board, as the mirror will be happening more often.

Thanks for your response, this thread is a ghost town.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    So how do you board against DnT? It feels like the worst matchup. As a DnT player myself, I am concerned about the K's Return. 3 seems high for a board wipe, and gets hit by a Prelate naming 3, which is a problem, as a DnT player will know to name 3 for the issue of Blood Moon and the obvious SnT. It's why I've never been able to try it. Can't get past that. I have an Engineered Explosives in the slot, but is kind of mediocre in a 2 color list, although being able to blow up chalice is a big plus in my opinion. I guess Abrade does that, along with Truth (just a 1-turn reprieve, but a lot of the time it's all you need).

I like that you use 3 Defense Grid. How do you board against Grixis Delver? I read in the opening post to board out Pierces, but then it instructs one to bring in Flusterstorm, and that confuses me. I also wonder if Jace tMS is good in this meta somewhere in the board, as the mirror will be happening more often.

Thanks for your response, this thread is a ghost town.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    so to tell you how i board i first need to show tyou the list im running so you can try and migyver your way through your board

4 emrakul the aeons torn
    4 gristlebrand
    1 simian spirit guide

4 show and tell
    4 sneak attack
    4 lotus petal
    4 force of will
    4 brainstorm
    4 ponder
    3 preordain
    2 flusterstorm
    2 daze
    1 spell peirce

*standard manabase*

so for dnt i like to cut all the counters except force sure it puts me down a card most of the time but putting them behind your snt makes it berter for you.so i board like this...

out
    -2 daze
    -2 flusterstorm
    -1 spell peirce
    -2 sneak attack

in
    + 2 omni
    +1 koz return
    +1 pyroclasm
    +1 truth
    +1 abrade
    +1 grim lavamancer

... you could bring in a single blood moon over a preordain only if you want to ive been doing it less and less

now against grixas delver it gets tricky...cause you want 8 cards but can only afford to board out 7

out
    -2 daze
    -1 preordain
    -1 sneak attack
    -1 ssg
    -1 spell pierce
    -1 force of will

in
    +1 R.E.B.(optional)
    +1 grim lavamancer
    +1 abrade
    +1 pyroclaim
    +1 K Return
    +3 Defense grid

...the reb is a removal spell aswell as a counter but we are bringing in a 3 of that "shuts off" counters... so an option here is to board out 1 of your big guys, more than likely to board out gristlebrand vs them since they have access to burn but 9 out of 10 they board their burn out but still worth boarding one out on the safe side.. it might not be correct but i will be playing in NA legacy champs for the first time this weekend and ill be running this 75 unless i can find other reasons to change anything in the board...also you could board in truth but tbh im not sure what i would cut for it

the reason you board in the flusterstorm is because delver is not a mana intensive deck so they are likely to not be able to pay the storm cost and they wont want to counter each copy of flusterstorm leaving you to cast your snt freely.

so JPA awhile ago on his twitter account(sorry im a stalker lol jk) had a version of snt that, against delver decks, turned to a blood moon pw control list with jace and chandra.. i think he liked it but obviously did not stick with it... jace is great but im personally unsure if i would play it over and card in my current board.. i mean people have had plenty of time to look at my board and has not said a thing so either they like it or they hate it and dont want to tell me.

Feb 2015
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Warbeast View Post
    .. i mean people have had plenty of time to look at my board and has not said a thing so either they like it or they hate it and dont want to tell me.
    Maybe i would cut 1 Defense Grid für the 2nd Lavamancer, but overall i like your sideboard.

Have you ever played with 4 Leylines in the board? I will try it, but its really hard to find space for them.

Re: [Deck] Sneak and Show

What's the general consensus w/ leyline? I feel like you need to mull in order to find one, and if you get one, but your opener is garbage, what's the point? Is it worth 4 slots for that?
    Modern: UWR Control
    Legacy: UW/UWr Stoneblade; Topless Miracles

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdDegree View Post
    What's the general consensus w/ leyline? I feel like you need to mull in order to find one, and if you get one, but your opener is garbage, what's the point? Is it worth 4 slots for that?
    so my personal opinion on the card is that it sucks outside of turn 0 for us.. its a great card vs grixas and other decks with discard but outside of show and tell and wasting 2 of your petals on white you can not cast it reliably we already have 8 cards for that no need to waste more slots

Quote Originally Posted by AnvilOfCrom View Post
    Maybe i would cut 1 Defense Grid für the 2nd Lavamancer, but overall i like your sideboard.

Have you ever played with 4 Leylines in the board? I will try it, but its really hard to find space for them.
    i tried the leyline board and though it was ok im not comfertable have more do nothing cards in the deck. i like the idea of a secont lavamancer a little but to do my best to not play any number of leylines in the board i think i have to play the 3 grids.. the whole point of leylines is to make their discard dead draws where d grid hinders the counters so they can discard stuff but id rather them struggle to counter a show and tell/sneak attack than worry about their discard.. this is just my way of thinking im not saying it is right it just works for me more than it does not if you play the leylines i think you are off the d grid plan so if you are using my board as a basis then the 4th card would more than likely be abrade i think or k return either one... once again this is my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Warbeast View Post
    so to tell you how i board i first need to show tyou the list im running so you can try and migyver your way through your board
    so for dnt i like to cut all the counters except force sure it puts me down a card most of the time but putting them behind your snt makes it berter for you.so i board like this...
    out
    -2 daze
    -2 flusterstorm
    -1 spell peirce
    -2 sneak attack

in
    + 2 omni
    +1 koz return
    +1 pyroclasm
    +1 truth
    +1 abrade
    +1 grim lavamancer
    Hi guys,

Minus the Abrade, as I've yet to try it out (but am going to soon as it looks fantastic), I have had similar success boarding this way against D&T.

muchThis thread got me thinking about Elves and Maverick type matchups. Most of my local meta (as of late) is very much these three decks, and I think it's been warping how I sideboard. A few times I ended up bringing in too much stuff, and it possibly made my deck worse. You ever do that?

Elves, for instance, is one of those matchups where I feel like my gut says to never change the deck other than maybe a few Pyroclasm type effects. The matchup is quite favorable after all, but then I look at the sideboard and think "Well they have crop rotation and Karakas ... maybe I could afford to bring in Omniscience too." but the other competing thought in my brain says "and what if they Rec-Sage when you Show and Tell Omniscience in?".

Maverick I more or less follow the same strategy you posted for D&T. Counters come out except for a FoW package for early stuff like Thalia or Teeg.

Anyway, Just wanted to share my thoughts. I've been playing a lot of Sneak and Show over the last 18 months and found I've been making most of my mistakes in how I sideboard. A lot of it was coming from over-thinking things and even psyching myself out.

Hello guys, I'm picking up Omniscience version of Sheak and SHow and I want to learn the basics of the deck. Right now I'm Really struggling with the sideboard. Does anyone have asideboard guide to show me/? It would help me a lot!

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    Hello guys, I'm picking up Omniscience version of Sheak and SHow and I want to learn the basics of the deck. Right now I'm Really struggling with the sideboard. Does anyone have asideboard guide to show me/? It would help me a lot!

Thanks!!
    Erm, I use to Watch youtube videos of mtgo just search: omnisneak or omni-sneak or sneak and show (some are omnisneak versions some are old school sneak show though) to get an idea. They do explain how they sideboard.

I see Through the Breach in nearly every SB. Why do you play it and in which MU are they boarded in?

Quote Originally Posted by hoernchen View Post
    I see Through the Breach in nearly every SB. Why do you play it and in which MU are they boarded in?
    Mirror and BR Reanimator most of the time. Iona naming blue takes away your show and tell/omniscience win route leaving only sneak attack as only option. Maybe some fair deck match ups if they can shut your sneak attack route.

explosive
    Feb 2006
    Germany - RLP

Quote Originally Posted by Abantau View Post
    Mirror and BR Reanimator most of the time. Iona naming blue takes away your show and tell/omniscience win route leaving only sneak attack as only option. Maybe some fair deck match ups if they can shut your sneak attack route.
    Not only that, you can fetch it with Cunning Wish and slide in one of your obesities in a pinch.
    Team SPOD
    <Der_imaginäre_Freund> props:
    Adan for being the NQG God (drawer)

Quote Originally Posted by Adan View Post
    Not only that, you can fetch it with Cunning Wish and slide in one of your obesities in a pinch.
    Haha, did this get run through a translator before you posted it? (Not a shot at you, I just have to assume that fatties got changed to obesities.) Regardless, that's hilarious and I really want to start calling Griz and Emrakul obesities from now on.

So is everyone sold on Leyline of Sanctity in the current meta? I don't own any so I haven't tried it out, are people finding it does enough against Pile to make it worthwhile? 4 SB slots is a lot to devote to a card you cant even realistically hard cast.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Jun 2012
    uk

Hi! Just finished building Omnisneak and want to know some good targets for Cunning Wish? Particularly against infect, reanimator and d&t. Sorry for the vague question, but I'm relatively new to legacy and want to know this before I go try this beauty out at my LGS.

Quote Originally Posted by amjw View Post
    Hi! Just finished building Omnisneak and want to know some good targets for Cunning Wish? Particularly against infect, reanimator and d&t. Sorry for the vague question, but I'm relatively new to legacy and want to know this before I go try this beauty out at my LGS.
    Against infect, Sudden Shock is the bees knees, so is Wipe Away. Kozilek's Return is also quite solid and is very good against D&T. Against Reanimator the best thing I can think of is Surgical Extraction, but you're gonna want that in the maindeck for boarded games since it's usually too slow to wish for. Wipe Away is real good against reanimator too.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Jun 2012
    uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeron View Post
    Against infect, Sudden Shock is the bees knees, so is Wipe Away. Kozilek's Return is also quite solid and is very good against D&T. Against Reanimator the best thing I can think of is Surgical Extraction, but you're gonna want that in the maindeck for boarded games since it's usually too slow to wish for. Wipe Away is real good against reanimator too.
    Awesome, I'll give those a go against those decks! Cheers for the reply, you might see me on this thread now and then since I need to learn about this deck and play more.

Hello all,

I've been getting good results with Sneak&Show against all decks (even D&T and Eldrazi) except for delver decks and 4c leovold. I only beat them like 10% of the times. Specially with delver decks.

I usually win the first game, but the real problem are the post board games, when they board 500 cheap counterspells (flusterstorm, blasts, etc) and surgicals.

My list is equal to this one: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=17492&d=308329&f=LE
    Except for the 2 omnisciences: instead I run an extra flusterstorm and a main board pyroclasm.

Is there any silver bullet against these decks? Because I'd gladly put 4 of those in my sideboard. It's that frustrating.

(I've been experimenting with chalice of the void against delver (desperate I know), and it kinda works sometimes, though not always).

Or any other tips would also appreciate.

Defense grid. can't be countered by fluster and pyro, so if you stick it turn 1, it's prob GG. If it doesn't, it's a 2 for 1 and you baited out a FOW. Blood Moon is also quite good, though you have to stick it early. Pyroclasm/kozilek's return is also fantastic vs grixis, since alot of times you need time to set up your combo and they are killing iwth small critters. Post-board games will never be in your favor, but if you get it close to 50/50, then you're fine, since game 1 is easy. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Kobained View Post
    Hello all,

I've been getting good results with Sneak&Show against all decks (even D&T and Eldrazi) except for delver decks and 4c leovold. I only beat them like 10% of the times. Specially with delver decks.

I usually win the first game, but the real problem are the post board games, when they board 500 cheap counterspells (flusterstorm, blasts, etc) and surgicals.

My list is equal to this one: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=17492&d=308329&f=LE
    Except for the 2 omnisciences: instead I run an extra flusterstorm and a main board pyroclasm.

Is there any silver bullet against these decks? Because I'd gladly put 4 of those in my sideboard. It's that frustrating.

(I've been experimenting with chalice of the void against delver (desperate I know), and it kinda works sometimes, though not always).

Or any other tips would also appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Zhong View Post
    Defense grid. can't be countered by fluster and pyro, so if you stick it turn 1, it's prob GG. If it doesn't, it's a 2 for 1 and you baited out a FOW. Blood Moon is also quite good, though you have to stick it early. Pyroclasm/kozilek's return is also fantastic vs grixis, since alot of times you need time to set up your combo and they are killing iwth small critters. Post-board games will never be in your favor, but if you get it close to 50/50, then you're fine, since game 1 is easy. Hope this helps!
    Those are all in my sideboard already. I want cards that aren't on it, or general tips. I always board 2 or 3 defense grid and 2 pyroclasm against them and still no luck. But thanks anyway.

Feb 2015
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Kobained View Post
    Those are all in my sideboard already. I want cards that aren't on it, or general tips. I always board 2 or 3 defense grid and 2 pyroclasm against them and still no luck. But thanks anyway.
    Against Delver Decks i like to board in Grim Lavamancer. He can buy you a lot of time, since you can kill all of their creauters except for TNN. And they usually board out Lighting Bolts in favor of more counters.

Thread Information