Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1397

Thread: [Deck] Sneak and Show

Re: [DTB] Sneak and Show

Anytime this deck show up in multiples in a bunch of top 8s then I’m on your team.

Poron can you share your list, please?

Borrowed omnitell for the first time. Changed 9 cards (4 main, 5 side) for cunning wish package. Went 3-0-1

R1 - mana'd dredge 2-0

Game 1 I counter their turn 1 LED and take the driver's seat.

Game 2 I kill with a shown griselbrand

R2 - miracles 2-0

Omniscience with lots of counters both games

R3 - BR Reanimator 2-1

Game 1 I mull to 5 and can't beat a turn 1 chancellor

Games 2 & 3 I counter all of his meaningful spells while I set up sneak attack

R4 lands - ID

We ID'd due to me needing to leave part way through.

I thoroughly enjoy the deck and despite only playing it tonight I have a better than basic grasp of the strategy (partially to the comments of everyone on here).

I'm going to be playing in the SCG event in Baltimore this weekend and gonna lock in this list.. How do you feel about it... Just wanna get some feed back like what better choices are etc...

4 show and tell
    3 sneak attack
    3 omniscience
    3 emrakul, the aeons torn
    3 Gristlebrand
    3 cunning wish
    4 lotus petal
    4 ponder
    4 brainstorm
    2 preordain
    1 impulse
    1 intuition
    4 force of will
    2 spell pierce
    1 flusterstorm
    3 island
    3 volcanic island
    1 misty rainforest
    2 scalding tarn
    2 flooded strand
    2 polluted delta
    3 ancient tomb
    1 boseju, who shelters all
    1 city of traitors

Sideboard

1 abrade
    1 boseju, who shelters all
    1 fireminds foresight
    2 grafdiggers cage
    1 kozilek's return
    1 mindbreak trap
    1 pyroclasm
    1 Red elemental blast
    1 release the ants
    2 surgical extraction
    1 through the breach
    1 trickbind
    1 wipe away

... Thanks for feed back

Lands(19):
    3 x Ancient Tomb
    2 x City of Traitors
    3 x Flooded Strand
    4 x Scalding Tarn
    3 x Volcanic Island
    3 x Snow-Covered Island
    1 x Snow-Covered Mountain

Creatures(7):
    3 x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 x Griselbrand

Spells(23):
    4 x Brainstorm
    4 x Ponder
    3 x Preordain
    2 x Spell Pierce
    2 x Flusterstorm
    4 x Force of Will
    4 x Show and Tell

Other(11):
    3 x Omniscience
    4 x Sneak Attack
    4 x Lotus Petal

Sideboard:
    2 x Abrade
    1 x Echoing Truth
    2 x Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    2 x Blood Moon
    2 x Arcane Artisan
    1 x Defense Grid
    1 x Flusterstorm
    2 x Pyroclasm
    2 x Grafdigger’s Cage

This is the list I am playing, which seems to do quite good at my LGS and against my friends. However, UB Death Shadow is quite hard. Not because of Delvers, Death Shadows, but because of Thoughtseize, Daze, FoW and Hymn to Tourach(mostly after sideboard).
    How do you guys win against UB Death Shadow? Should I change my sideboard? Is Omnitell better than SnS against that deck?

And what is the general opinion on SnS vs. Omnitell?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    And what is the general opinion on SnS vs. Omnitell?
    It's combo vs. combo, so no matter how favourite or underdog you are, there's gonna be instances where one deck instagibs the other with little to no room for counterplay. Variance matters a great deal.
    That being said, as a Omnitell player I think SnS does have the upper hand.

1. In a unknown environment (big tournament) be careful if you see many islands and cantrip durdling. The worst possible scenario is you going Show and Tell into Emrakul and they put Omniscience online, resulting in your own death. Had that happen to me a couple of times, it was hilarious.
    2. Griselbrand is your best friend for obvious reasons, so much better than Emrakul. It creates an imbalance of opportunities. They have to go through show and tell because nobody plays dream halls anymore. So you get a chance to put Griselbrand into play for free, often resulting in you winning the match because of too much control. Either that or they have to waste a discard spell (if Ub) into it, leaving you with counterspells in hand.
    3. For the same principle, Sneak attack is good too because it creates an imbalance they can't really deal with.
    4. For the same principle, Show and Tell is a bad card and I think you wanna side 2 out for ttb.
    5. If they run monoblue or U/b (which is gonna be most of the time), you also have the REB advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cave View Post
    It's combo vs. combo, so no matter how favourite or underdog you are, there's gonna be instances where one deck instagibs the other with little to no room for counterplay. Variance matters a great deal.
    That being said, as a Omnitell player I think SnS does have the upper hand.
    Thanks for the detailed feedback, but I actually meant what the take on which of Omnitell and SnS are best against the currrent field. For instance is Omnitell having an easier time with Grixis Control and UB Death Shadow than SnS. Sorry for not making that clear, I can see how the way you understood it makes more sense.

May 2017
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    Lands(19):

This is the list I am playing, which seems to do quite good at my LGS and against my friends. However, UB Death Shadow is quite hard. Not because of Delvers, Death Shadows, but because of Thoughtseize, Daze, FoW and Hymn to Tourach(mostly after sideboard).
    How do you guys win against UB Death Shadow? Should I change my sideboard? Is Omnitell better than SnS against that deck?

Thanks in advance.
    For awhile, JPA93 and a few others used to toy around with 4x leyline of sanctity in the sideboard. I've just tested this in an LGS event yesterday and the approach is still the same as against grixis delver pre-gitprobe ban: postboard they bring in more black based hand disruption like more therapy, and especially hymns.

There are two problems with this approach: (1) mulligan/luck into it (2) weaken 4 slots in SB against the rest of the field. My LGS does not have a lot of black-based decks; but in a GP it would be very prevalent: UB/DS and grixis/control are up there right now and moving forward.

In addition, LGS version of UB/DS plays no underground sea and reaches top 8 quite easily. Just like how Bayou are sometimes not needed for dark depths, so are useas for UB/DS, hence local popularity in black based SB hand disruptions against combo decks like ours --- let's just say I'm expecting it to rise.

Just took this deck to a tournament for an unimpressive 1-2 drop.

4 Show and Tell
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    2 Preordain
    4 FOW
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Intuition
    2 Search for Azcanta (wanted to try them out, probably weren't worth it since I sided them out alot)
    2 Omniscience

3 Sneak Attack

2 Lotus Petal

3 Griselbrand
    3 Emrakul

4 Scalding Tarn
    1 Polluted Delta
    5 Island
    1 Mountain
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    1 Boseju, who Shelters All
    3 Volcanic Island

SB
    4 Leyline o/t Void
    2 Grim Lavamancer
    2 Pyroclasm
    3 Blood Moon
    2 Arcane Artisan
    2 Red Elemantal Blast

Match 1: Goblins
    I feel I'm favoured in this matchup since I'm faster and they play little to no disruption / counters.
    Game 1 I play a turn 4-ish Show and Tell into Emrakul. She puts into play a... Karakas. Lol. She bounces my Emrakul eot, I scoop to her revealing 4 Goblins with a Ringleader, me having nothing relevant in my hand and being pretty low on life.

I side in Pyroclasms, Grim Lavamancers and Arcane Artisans.

Game 2 I manage to stabilize at 5 life thanks to two Pyroclasms, the first one killing a Lackey and the second a Chieftain and a Warchief. I have a Lavamancer in play which does a great job at keeping the Goblins at bay, and an Artisan which is forced to blocking duty since she again has the Karakas and I only have one Griselbrand in my hand. She manages to play a Thorn af Amethyst and a Ringleader which I Force of Will. After a few turns I decide to tap out to play Show and Tell into Omniscience, since this will allow me to win on the spot if I draw an Emrakul and will prevent me taking further damage with the three Ancient Tombs I have on the table... . This puts me down to 3 life; which kinda scares me since I know some lists play Lightning Bolt. I assume that she would have boarded them out though. Surprisingly, she scoops somewhat prematurely when I put my Griselbrand into play and she has a Piledriver while I'm tapped out (so no red mana for the Lavamancer)... . I think she forgot that she could simply bounce my Griselbrand every turn but whatever, onto game 3.
    Game 3 she does some early damage. I can play a Show and Tell into Omniscience into Emrakul and she scoops because she can't prevent the Emrakul from annihilating her entire board save for two permanants with me still being at a pretty healthy life total.
    1-0

Match 2: Storm control???
    I keep a mediocre hand with two Show and Tells, an Emrakul, two islands and some other stuff. He plays Thougtseize on turn one, duress on turn two, and Thoughtseize on turn three. By that time I have nothing relevant left and I lose to an Ad Nauseam into a huge Tendrils one or two turns later. I completely put him on the wrong deck. After the match, he tells me that he plays 4 Duress and 4 Thoughtseize maindeck. Lol.

Match 2: Again my hand gets ripped to shreds and I never manage to draw the two pieces of the combo. He shows me his sideboard which contains two Flusterstorms and a few Xantids. I'm pretty sure that that combined with the 8 maindeck discard spells makes this matchup literally impossible to win. If anyone has some tips on how to beat this monstrosity I'd be very grateful.

1-1

Match 3: Eldrazi

Game 1 he puts me on an early clock with t1 Mimic, t1 Endless One for three and an uncounterable t4 Smasher. I'm stuck on lands and die before I can assemble the combo.
    Game 2 he has a slowish start of t2 and t3 Matter Reshaper. Turn three I play a Ponder, revealing three Ancient Tombs, with the fourth one already being in play. Lol. Next turn I play Show and Tell, planning to put into play an Omniscience into Emrakul. However he puts into play a Meteor Golem. Rofl. I scoop since I'm at 8 life and he has 9 power on board.

1-2 and drop

Azcantas were pretty mediocre the the few games I played. It's excellent against slow grindy control decks but not so much against decks that want to kill you on turn three or four... so it' ll probably get replaced.
    All in all this wasn't my day. I had to mulligan 3 times, lost all die rolls (as usual) an drew pretty poorly even though I play 10 cantrips and 2 Intuitions. I'll probably give the deck another go an the next tournament the upcoming Saturday, hoping for a little bit more luck... .

I think for the current meta you were running the wrong leylines.

I will not run even the correct ones. AT gets all of them possibly Spell Snare or more Spell Pierce will just do the trick

Hello. Someone could explain to me why you prefer S&S compared to omnitell?

Well first of all, Show and Tell + Omniscience + Cunning Wish is a three card combo. Sneak Attack / Show And Tell + fatty = two card combo.
    Second of all, you need to devote a lot of sideboard slots to play Cunning Wish.

On top of that, without SnT this deck is done. The other can always rely on Sneak Attack

What do u think about oath of the druids (one tropical island) in the SB vs creatures decks?

Quote Originally Posted by wtgger View Post
    What do u think about oath of the druids (one tropical island) in the SB vs creatures decks?
    I don't think much of it because Oath of Druids is banned in legacy...
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeron View Post
    I don't think much of it because Oath of Druids is banned in legacy...

We would be playing 4 MD otherwise

Working on coming up with a SB for Vegas this weekend. My starting point was:
    2 Abrade
    2 Arcane Artisan
    2 Blood Moon
    1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    1 Echoing Truth
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Pyroclasm
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Through the Breach

After a bit, I decided to throw in Defense Grids because I used to really like them:
    2x Blood Moon
    2x Grafdigger’s Cage
    2x Defense Grid
    2x Red Elemental Blast
    2x Pyroclasm
    2x Arcane Artisan
    1x Abrade
    1x Wipe Away
    1x Boseiju, Who Shelters All

Then I realized there's nothing I really want them for that's super prevalent except maybe UB Death Shadow and Grixis, but I thought leylines might be better, which brings me to my current list:
    1x Abrade
    2x Arcane Artisan
    2x Blood Moon
    1x Wipe Away
    2x Grafdigger’s Cage
    2x Pyroclasm
    4x Leyline of Sanctity

Thoughts or advice?

Quote Originally Posted by demonlord340 View Post
    Working on coming up with a SB for Vegas this weekend. My starting point was:
    2 Abrade
    2 Arcane Artisan
    2 Blood Moon
    1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    1 Echoing Truth
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Pyroclasm
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Through the Breach

After a bit, I decided to throw in Defense Grids because I used to really like them:
    2x Blood Moon
    2x Grafdigger’s Cage
    2x Defense Grid
    2x Red Elemental Blast
    2x Pyroclasm
    2x Arcane Artisan
    1x Abrade
    1x Wipe Away

Then I realized there's nothing I really want them for that's super prevalent except maybe UB Death Shadow and Grixis, but I thought leylines might be better, which brings me to my current list:
    1x Abrade
    2x Arcane Artisan
    2x Blood Moon
    1x Wipe Away
    2x Grafdigger’s Cage
    2x Pyroclasm
    4x Leyline of Sanctity

Thoughts or advice?
    Seems somwhat light on graveyard hate... . I personally find two Grafdigger's Cage not sufficient against Reanimator, dredge and the like. The Cage might even be too slow if you're on the draw... . Blood Moons are not really necessary imo. Lands already is a very good matchup. It's ok against Eldrazi but only if you play it before turn 3... .
    Here's my sb for comparison:
    2 Flusterstorm
    4 Leyline o/t Void
    2 Grim Lavamancer
    2 Pyroclasm
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Arcane Artisan
    1 Tidespout Tyrant (non legendary creature that works with show and tell and can bounce any problematic permanent)

Another unrelated question: I play 3 Griselbrand and 3 Emrakul. I'm seriously considering going 4 Griselbrand and 2 Emrakul. Show and Tell into Emrakul is simply too dangerous. If your opponent plays Liliana, Jace, Karakas, Edict, Council's Judgement,... it's a pretty large setback. If you Show and Tell a Griselbrand at least you get to draw a load of cards making it very likely you can recover next turn. Anyone else tried this?

Thread Information