Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Sneak and Show

Re: [DTB] Sneak and Show

Congrats to JPA for results! Can i ask you what are your sideboarding plan against the various mu you have found at gp
    Thanks!

Grats to JPA! Im interested too in your sideboarding especially vs heavy discard deck and ur delver 😁
    Legacy: Sneak and Show
    Modern: Griselbanned! (Goryo's breach)

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Women come and go, turn one protection is forever.

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Remember that these numbers might not be 100 % how I actually boarded in the GP, since I will often adjust numbers depending on any unexpected cards they bring in against me. Also, please don't take this advice as gospel, as there are many different valid sideboarding strategies with this deck.

BUG Delver
    +2 Blood Moon, +1 Pyroblast / +1 REB (the new lists play more blue spells like Treasure Cruise and Stifle/Spell Pierce)
    -1 Gitaxian Probe, -2 Force of Will, -1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Painter
    +1 Blue Elemental Blast, +1 Echoing Truth, +2 Through the Breach (if you see Phyrexian Revoker you probably want Pyroclasm too)
    -3 Gitaxian Probe on the play / -3 Spell Pierce on the draw, -1 Mountain

UWR Delver
    +2 Defense Grid, +2 Blood Moon, +1 Blue Elemental Blast, +1 REB / +1 Pyroblast, +3 Pyroclasm
    -4 Force of Will, -1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, -3 Spell Pierce, -1 Dig Through Time, -1 Gitaxian Probe ; boarding out 3 Gitaxian Probe instead of 1 DTT and 1 Emrakul or leaving in the Spell Pierces is also possible, depending on your playstyle.

Infect
    +2 Blood Moon, +1 REB / +1 Pyroblast, +3 Pyroclasm
    -1 Mountain, -1 Dig Through Time, -2 Force of Will, -1 Gitaxian Probe, -1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, -1 Misdirection

UR Delver
    +3 Pyroclasm, +2 Defense Grid, +1 Blue Elemental Blast, +1 REB / +1 Pyroblast, +1 Echoing Truth
    -4 Force of Will, -3 Gitaxian Probe, -1 Mountain, -1 Dig Through Time

Miracles
    +2 Defense Grid, +1 REB / +1 Pyroblast, +1 Echoing Truth, +2 Through the Breach, +1 Blue Elemental Blast
    -1 Mountain, -1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, -1 Fire // Ice, -3 Gitaxian Probe, -2 Lotus Petal ; this can be adjusted depending on the Miracles-build you're facing and I can definitely understand if you feel the need to leave in all three Probes and board out more Petals / 1-2 Show and Tells instead.

Elves
    +3 Pyroclasm, +1 Echoing Truth, +2 Grafdigger's Cage
    -1 Dig Through Time, -1 Mountain, -1 Misdirection, -3 Gitaxian Probe

Goblins
    +3 Pyroclasm, +1 Echoing Truth, +1 Blue Elemental Blast, +2 Through the Breach
    -1 Misdirection, -3 Spell Pierce, -1 Dig Through Time, -2 Gitaxian Probe

Burn
    +1 Blue Elemental Blast, +1 Echoing Truth, +2 Pyroclasm, +2 Through the Breach
    -3 Gitaxian Probe, -1 Mountain, -1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, -1 Dig Through Time

UWR Stoneblade
    Depends on the build. Against the control-version I would board similarly as against Miracles, against the more aggressive version more as against UR Delver.

Dredge
    +2 Grafdigger's Cage, +1 Echoing Truth, +3 Pyroclasm
    -1 Misdirection, -3 Gitaxian Probe, -1 Mountain, -1 Dig Through Time

on the play I might also board in Red- and maybe even Blue-Blast effects.

bUrg Delver
    +2 Defense Grid, +2 Blood Moon, +1 Blue Elemental Blast, +1 Pyroblast / +1 REB
    -3 Gitaxian Probe, -1 Dig Through Time, -2 Force of Will, -1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

As you can see, I used every sideboard card throughout the Grand Prix, which confirms me in my sideboard-building decisions. ;-)

Thanks i rlly like your sideboarding plan! Actually im playing both version of show ans tell (omnitell and sneak) but i dont know what is bettere in the current meta xD your opinion?

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Ice1590 View Post
    Actually im playing both version of show and tell (omnitell and sneak) but i dont know what is better in the current meta xD your opinion?
    Until the format is 70 % Containment Priest decks I see no reason to play Omnitell over Sneak & Show.

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Nick Loiacano is currently in the semifinals at SCGATL with a very nice list.

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=76809

So is better playing omnitell when priest become more present in the meta...

Quote Originally Posted by Ice1590 View Post
    So is better playing omnitell when priest become more present in the meta...
    Depends on what "more present" means exactly, but C. Priest does absolutely nothing against omnitell. As mentioned earlier omnitell is a little too slow in the current meta, so either you play SneakNShow and occasionally loose to a priest or you make your omnitell deck faster and a little less consistent.

Hope that helped :)

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Re: [Deck] Sneak and Show

Have u ever seen Brad Nelson‘s player’s championship decklist?

I know it is a highly metagamed list, but does Omniscience in the sb make sense combating Containment Priest, DnT or even Reanimator and mirror?

SNT into Omniscience into Emmy seems game over while regardless of what they may put in.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Cheez
    Nov 2011
    Rockville, MD

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinZ View Post
    Have u ever seen Brad Nelson‘s player’s championship decklist?

I know it is a highly metagamed list, but does Omniscience in the sb make sense combating Containment Priest, DnT or even Reanimator and mirror?

SNT into Omniscience into Emmy seems game over while regardless of what they may put in.
    I've done that to so many opponents on cockatrice that yes you are right it's effective. I mean if you truly are seeing a lot of death and taxes in your meta, it's better to say to main deck omniscience as 1 or 2 at least to give yourself a higher chance to win the first game.

Containment Priest is a 2/1 vanilla creature. Just pyroclasm the bitch.
    2015 SCG Washington D.C. IQ Legacy Champion - 1st place w/ Sneak and Show

Follow me on http://www.twitch.tv/dcosiem/ for Legacy on Cockatrice.

If you want to play me on Cockatrice, add me as dcosiem.

Quote Originally Posted by dcosiem View Post
    Containment Priest is a 2/1 vanilla creature. Just pyroclasm the bitch.

That quote LOL

SaS seems so much fun to play. Does not deserve all the hate that it gets!

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

As written many times before, Omniscience will win you some games you would otherwise lose, but will be a dead card a larger amount of times. I would rather play a flexible card like Fire // Ice or swap to Omnitell altogether if I expect a lot of Containment Priests.

I will spend the next month testing and tuning my GPNJ list for SCG Indy, which I will attend since it's conveniently taking place on the weekend before Pro Tour Washington. Will be my first SCG Open and the new 2-day-format with huge payout seems like a lot of fun.

JPA, do you have a recent list you could share? I've been playing a ton of 1v1 edh (french) and been out of the legacy format a while. Planning to attend SCG NJ in 2 weeks. thanks!

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by i_b_TRUE View Post
    JPA, do you have a recent list you could share? I've been playing a ton of 1v1 edh (french) and been out of the legacy format a while. Planning to attend SCG NJ in 2 weeks. thanks!
    Not yet, really. I still think my GPNJ list is a fine choice, but right now I'm tinkering with some interesting innovations and old favorites. I'll tell you about it once I find something worth sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    Not yet, really. I still think my GPNJ list is a fine choice, but right now I'm tinkering with some interesting innovations and old favorites. I'll tell you about it once I find something worth sharing.
    I am also trying to figure out a better version for the current state of the metagame, usually playing around with the slots that I have Fire/Ice and Misdirection, what used to be Intuition, whatever. I like tinkering with those deck slots and coming up with any idea, no matter how bad. Flusterstorm has been good there, lately, too.

Do you think Telepathy has any value? Sure it might only be FOW pitch if you see it turn 3-4-5, but we have ways to avoid that problem. I just think perfect information can make things easier with all the white running around.

Do you feel it is time for the Leyline of Sanctity sideboard, removing Blood Moon? I'm pretty convinced on 4 Pyroclasm, 3 Leylines and 3 Defense Grid to begin the SB. Of course, being heavily into the Defense Grid may already invalidate my Telepathy idea.

Again, I am only a year into playing the deck, but I would appreciate your thoughts.

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Polishguy00 View Post
    Do you think Telepathy has any value? Sure it might only be FOW pitch if you see it turn 3-4-5, but we have ways to avoid that problem. I just think perfect information can make things easier with all the white running around.

Do you feel it is time for the Leyline of Sanctity sideboard, removing Blood Moon? I'm pretty convinced on 4 Pyroclasm, 3 Leylines and 3 Defense Grid to begin the SB. Of course, being heavily into the Defense Grid may already invalidate my Telepathy idea.
    Probe is much better than Telepathy, it's free AND it replaces itself.

Leyline was o.k. during the Jund / Shardless BUG meta, due to their massive amount of discard (+Liliana). I see no reason to run them at the moment and am curious why you think it might be time for Leyline again.

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    Probe is much better than Telepathy, it's free AND it replaces itself.

Leyline was o.k. during the Jund / Shardless BUG meta, due to their massive amount of discard (+Liliana). I see no reason to run them at the moment and am curious why you think it might be time for Leyline again.
    I appreciate the response, though I was thinking about running Telepathy with the Probes, providing 6-7 ways to get perfect information. I could still use the Probes to move through the deck if Telepathy was already out. I haven't found much besides Fire/Ice in the 3-5 slots I move around that has been consistently good in my games, though Flusterstorm has gotten the closest, IMO. Just wanted to throw something else to try even if it probably was de-bunked pages and pages ago.

With the Leylines, I missed something pretty obvious when posting previously. Locally, there is more Storm than normal. While it is around more than normal in the current meta, I am surely skewed by the prevalence in a small-ish local LGS playgroup. Without a chance to play in a large setting until March, the recent stuff has been small groups and a lot of turn 2s with rare fizzles. I've also run into a lot of it on MTGO, so probably just on a weird run of match-ups. For instance, I cannot remember when I last saw U/R Delver.

Hey im very new to this thread. Have you already done some experiences against Containment Priest?
    Why isn't this deck as popular as it was some month ago?

I have watched Brad Nelson at the SCG player’s championship and i like Omniscience in the sb.
    Now i collect more experiences with this deck :)

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Quote Originally Posted by Polishguy00 View Post
    I appreciate the response, though I was thinking about running Telepathy with the Probes, providing 6-7 ways to get perfect information. I could still use the Probes to move through the deck if Telepathy was already out. I haven't found much besides Fire/Ice in the 3-5 slots I move around that has been consistently good in my games, though Flusterstorm has gotten the closest, IMO. Just wanted to throw something else to try even if it probably was de-bunked pages and pages ago.

With the Leylines, I missed something pretty obvious when posting previously. Locally, there is more Storm than normal. While it is around more than normal in the current meta, I am surely skewed by the prevalence in a small-ish local LGS playgroup. Without a chance to play in a large setting until March, the recent stuff has been small groups and a lot of turn 2s with rare fizzles. I've also run into a lot of it on MTGO, so probably just on a weird run of match-ups. For instance, I cannot remember when I last saw U/R Delver.
    Don’t rely on leyline against Storm, I can tell you as a player usually playing both sides...

they can just land a swarm, attack you, go for Ad Nauseam, drawing bunch of cards and bounce your leyline to kill you. Also mulligan for leyline is not worth, drawing leyline natrually is bad, multiple leylines in the open hand are terrible...
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Quote Originally Posted by Deckerator View Post
    Hey im very new to this thread. Have you already done some experiences against Containment Priest?
    Why isn't this deck as popular as it was some month ago?

I have watched Brad Nelson at the SCG player’s championship and i like Omniscience in the sb.
    Now i collect more experiences with this deck :)
    Combo decks in general are better positioned right now, with the onset of UR Delver and the soft permission spells. The reason that ANT and Reanimator are making such a big showing is that they have a bit more consistency and tend to go off faster than the Show decks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    --Complaining about combo decks, cheap threats, and less player interaction--
    Welcome to legacy bra.

Thread Information