Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Sneak and Show

Re: [DTB] Sneak and Show

Quick question: why is lotus petal used here instead of simian spirit guide?

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Quick question: why is lotus petal used here instead of simian spirit guide?
    Because Petal can make Blue, so you can potentially combo t1.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by wasabizod View Post
    Yeah, the boarding seemed different compared to my (limited) experience.
    I had, at first, thought of it as a transformative board, but I don't think it actually is. I think it is instead a way to diversify your threats in order to keep your opponent from simply blowing you out with a Containment Priest, or the like.

In this context I think more often, it could be better to simply bring in what you feel you should and shave a few Show and Tells, maybe a couple fatties, maybe a Sneak Attack, some kind of combination like that.

I think I'll try the list this Friday, I usually prefer playing a grindy BUG deck, but I don't think I am up for that this week.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    —Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sep 2015
    SF Bay

[DTB] Sneak and Show

JPA, this may have been asked before, but I'm interested in why you're choosing to run Pyroclasm over Kozilek's return?

The advantage of the former is obviously that it's cheaper, however it's only sorcery speed and it has a color associated with it (not MoM-proof).

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

JPA, this may have been asked before, but I'm interested in why you're choosing to run Pyroclasm over Kozilek's return?

The advantage of the former is obviously that it's cheaper, however it's only sorcery speed and it has a color associated with it (not MoM-proof).
    When Kozilek's Return came out, I tested it a lot and liked it quite a bit. However, in my current list, I wanted the best possible post-board configuration against Grixis Delver and Pyroclasm's reduced cost is highly relevant against them (because of their fast clock, mana-denial and soft-counters).
    Twitter: @JPAnghelescu

Sep 2015
    SF Bay

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    When Kozilek's Return came out, I tested it a lot and liked it quite a bit. However, in my current list, I wanted the best possible post-board configuration against Grixis Delver and Pyroclasm's reduced cost is highly relevant against them (because of their fast clock, mana-denial and soft-counters).
    Thanks for the response. I imagined this was the case. Yesterday I beat infect in a league only because I was able to Pyroclasm their agent with 2 mana open against a spell pierce. Made me aware of how relevant the extra mana was, and for delver I imagine it's the same, given how many wastelands they use.

As an aside, is the general strategy against infect to go for sneak attack rather than show a fatty in, given that they can crop rotate for Karakas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

As an aside, is the general strategy against infect to go for sneak attack rather than show a fatty in, given that they can crop rotate for Karakas?
    There is no general strategy against Infect, you have to adapt to the situation. Show and Tell into Griselbrand is usually enough, even if they have Karakas (which they only have post-board, usually). Unless you know their hand you should try to play around Daze/Pierce, whenever possible. Sudden Shock and Wipe Away are very useful cards against them, so I like to play the control-role post-board and go for the combo rather late, when I have enough open mana to play around soft-counters or enough counter-backup of my own to force it through.

Mar 2015
    Nürnberg, Germany

Hey guys :)
    I wanted to know your opinion about boarding in defense grid against grixis delver.
    I am running two of them in my sb because i don't play boesju.

Would you guys board it in or leave it out.
    For me the main reason to leave them out is the fact that the are running after postboard up to 4 cabal therapy.

Best regards elmar

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by HeartNana View Post
    I wanted to know your opinion about boarding in defense grid against grixis delver.
    We get wrecked by Therapy (especially with Pyromancer) anyway and Grid shuts off their overload of counters. With my latest list I always board in Grid against Grixis Delver and it has been very good most of the time. Even if you they discard most of your hand after you resolved Grid, you can be sure that your high-impact topdecks (Pyroclasm to buy time, Sneak/Show to win the game) are going to resolve.

Mar 2015
    Nürnberg, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    We get wrecked by Therapy (especially with Pyromancer) anyway and Grid shuts off their overload of counters. With my latest list I always board in Grid against Grixis Delver and it has been very good most of the time. Even if you they discard most of your hand after you resolved Grid, you can be sure that your high-impact topdecks (Pyroclasm to buy time,
    Sneak/Show to win the game) are going to resolve.
    Thanks JPA for your fast answer :)
    I absolutely agree with your statements and the make sense to me :)
    I will try it and then let you guys know how it works.

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Congratulations to Tom Luckett for winning the SCG Columbus Legacy Classic with Omnisneak.

I'm not sure how effective Release the Ants without Firemind's Foresight is, though.

Mar 2015
    Nürnberg, Germany

What do you think about the new thalia?
    Do we need cards like fire/ice or izzet charm against her in maindeck.

greetings

What do you think about the new thalia?
    Do we need cards like fire/ice or izzet charm against her in maindeck.

greetings
    I don't think we need anything main deck to deal with her. She isn't that big of a problem. Original Thalia is still much better. First, THC is kind of slow, so we have a huge potential to just win before she's a problem. If she is out, and we have Sneak Attack, just activate it on their end step. I think we are fine main deck wise, Pyroclasm/Kozilek's Return/Sudden Shock from the board should be enough.

Hi,

I've been a long time reader of this post, and I'd like to join the online community as well. :)

I've been putting together this deck for almost one year and a half, and I've already 90% of it, including duals, fetches and all but one city of traitors.

Unfortunately, the recent spikes have made me reconsider the purchase of the last city of traitors, and I'd like to know whether this deck is viable with 4 sol lands or not. Does anyone have that experience?

If so, how would you replace the city? Someone suggested me to replace it with an island or a fetch. What do you think?

Thanks!

If a ton of miracles is running around in your meta, replacing one with a boseiuju wouldn't be the worst.

Mar 2015
    Nürnberg, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by LRats View Post
    I don't think we need anything main deck to deal with her. She isn't that big of a problem. Original Thalia is still much better. First, THC is kind of slow, so we have a huge potential to just win before she's a problem. If she is out, and we have Sneak Attack, just activate it on their end step. I think we are fine main deck wise, Pyroclasm/Kozilek's Return/Sudden Shock from the board should be enough.
    Thx for answer dude :)
    I agree with all of your statements.
    But the problem will be if the have the new thalia and also karakas then it will be hard for us.

Mar 2015
    Nürnberg, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Benama9 View Post
    Hi,

I've been a long time reader of this post, and I'd like to join the online community as well. :)

I've been putting together this deck for almost one year and a half, and I've already 90% of it, including duals, fetches and all but one city of traitors.

Unfortunately, the recent spikes have made me reconsider the purchase of the last city of traitors, and I'd like to know whether this deck is viable with 4 sol lands or not. Does anyone have that experience?

If so, how would you replace the city? Someone suggested me to replace it with an island or a fetch. What do you think?

Thanks!
    Hey :)
    I would say you can also play it with 4 sol-lands but it will be very hard to play. You minimize the turn 1 show and tells and also turn 3 sneak attacks in matchups where you have to be very fast like burn or grixis delver for example. You will be worser against dazes and pierces.
    But it depends on your meta. If your meta is slower and full of miracles you can replace it maybe with boseju, but i have to tell you that I hate boseju.
    When you have meta with a lot of lands decks or wastelands deck you can play a 4 island or 8 fetchies instead of the typically 7 onces.
    For more speed in your deck you can also try a one off simian spirit guide. I tested this guy the last 4 tournaments and it was very good.
    Hope that helps you a bit.
    Best regards

Hey :)
    I would say you can also play it with 4 sol-lands but it will be very hard to play. You minimize the turn 1 show and tells and also turn 3 sneak attacks in matchups where you have to be very fast like burn or grixis delver for example. You will be worser against dazes and pierces.
    But it depends on your meta. If your meta is slower and full of miracles you can replace it maybe with boseju, but i have to tell you that I hate boseju.
    When you have meta with a lot of lands decks or wastelands deck you can play a 4 island or 8 fetchies instead of the typically 7 onces.
    For more speed in your deck you can also try a one off simian spirit guide. I tested this guy the last 4 tournaments and it was very good.
    Hope that helps you a bit.
    Best regards
    I understand what you mean.

On the other hand, I actually have a crystal vain I'm not using, and though I'm not very hyped about that option, it could make up temporarily for a one shot speed snt / sneak attack as you mention ( I might buy a 4rth ancient tomb in the future )

I know is not ideal, but could it be a better option than just adding an island?

Thanks

Mar 2015
    Nürnberg, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Benama9 View Post
    I understand what you mean.

On the other hand, I actually have a crystal vain I'm not using, and though I'm not very hyped about that option, it could make up temporarily for a one shot speed snt / sneak attack as you mention ( I might buy a 4rth ancient tomb in the future )

I know is not ideal, but could it be a better option than just adding an island?

Thanks
    Yeah you can try it out :)
    It's not optimal but better than nothing.
    But you should run 3 tombs 2 citys in your finished list.

Yeah I think I will. Thanks for the advice :)

Thread Information